Used 2003 Saturn VUE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Saturn VUE SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

Worst car ever!!!
By got2bekylee

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

We got the Saturn in November of 2012 with 78000 miles on it. The transmission went out in January of 2013 with 81000 miles on it. This car is by far the worst car i have ever owned. It was nothing but stress for me. I ignored all the reviews and still go the car. Worst mistake ever. I will never buy another car from GM again..

Take these pieces of junk off the road!!!

The best vehicle value I've ever enjoyed!
By mjuresich

2003 Saturn VUE SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my '03 Vue in November of '08 for $2500 with 180K on the clock and a salvage? title. I now have 237k miles on it. I've only replaced the brakes, a wheel bearing/hub assembly, a rear drive shaft support bearing and U-joints in the 4.5 years I've enjoyed it. It just won't die! It always starts right up even on the coldest of Michigan days. The AWD is tremendous in the snow. Talk about value and reliability! I've received more than my money's worth from this vehicle. I hate rust and thus love the plastic body panels on this vehicle. Ten years old and it still looks great! I'd buy another V6 Vue in a minute!

Plastic body! AWD Versatility

Sad
By cayenne72

2003 Saturn VUE SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

My Vue went our last March. I didnt drive it much I had it for 3 years. I bought it at 54,000 miles on it. Sadly enough had I driven it more it would have been covered when the tranny went out.it was a month after the deadline. I'm surprised people are still selling the 2002-2005 at 8,000. They are only worth about 4,000. It was a decent car. It's not worth 8,000,considering the transmission in it costs 5,000 to replace. Oddly enough I would consider buying a 2007-2009, but GM is so hard to deal with.

room in the car, It was big but drove like a small car

transmission

Reliable and Safe
By wgpenguin

2003 Saturn VUE SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Vue used in 2004 with 16,000 miles. I have had a couple of big things go wrong (transmission control module, water pump), but that's to be expected in a 9 year old, lower end car. I bought an after market extended warranty for $1,500 that is still in effect even now, and it's been worth it. I now have over 120,000 miles on it and I still feel like it's very reliable. My sister in law also had one - rolled it 9.5 times on the interstate and walked away with just bumps and bruises. Very safe!

It's the perfect size! I can park it in any space without a problem, yet can fit just about anything I want in the cargo area with the seats folded down - even a full size bicycle. Small on the outside, yet roomy on the inside.

Wish the fold down seats folded flat - they sit at a slight incline when folded down. Also would like to see rear AC vent - takes a few minutes for the back seat to feel AC. Noisy ride - lots of road noise seeps in.

Worst Car I Have Ever Owned
By gr82balive

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased the 2003 model in 2009 without doing my homework. 13 months later (after the one year warranty expired) the tranny went out.Cost me 5200 to fix 3wks later the front differential is starting to go out, quoted price:5600 to fix. After new tranny was put in my mpg dropped from approx 13 to approx 6mpg. If I wasn't locked into payments I would have scrap heaped this piece of junk when the tranny went out. Most regretted purchase of my adult life. Saturn/GM dealerships have been useless. Once one problem is expensively fixed another one rears its pricey head.DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY!

Have not found one.

Remove all 2002-2003 models with CVT's from the face of the earth. They are a financial drain. The vehicle lacks any excitement worth putting the money in for. Junk, Junk, Junk.