Used 2003 Saturn VUE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Saturn Vue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

Cvt transmission
By eladiac

2003 Saturn VUE SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

Transmission went out, can not be fixed, entire new transmission, run away from any saturn vue cvt transmission. Car looks great interior and exterioir, but what good does it do if $5000 to replace transmission. I'll be junking it.major disappointment.

Don't ignore these reviews - TRANSMISSION HELL
By lilpinkzombie

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I love my car, that is no secret. Everyone who knows me... knows I love my 2003 Saturn Vue. I purchased it for way over it's value because I needed a reliable vehicle and I was not looking too hot in the credit realm. Within two weeks, the transmission went out. I called the dealership, they had to fix within the 45 day guarantee. They gave it back and it just hasn't been the same since. I have also dealt with the module going out and other various transmission issues. As much as I love my car, there is no way anyone can own a Saturn and not spend more on repairs than the actual value of the vehicle. Period.

Favorite Features

I love that the back / front seats fold nearly flat. Its easy to fit a mattress back there and camp right out the back of the Saturn. I like the roominess, and the fact that I can go / do nearly anything in it.

Suggested Improvements

The transmission needs some serious work! I can't believe all the problems everyone has! It's insane.

BAD TRANSMISSION
By warair

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

Just like others has said. Do your Home work before buying one of these cars. At 130.000 miles the Transmission Went Out. Cost Around $$$5,000 said too said can not addord to put this much money into it.... They are really safe Cars... Went Air-Born On InterState 10 last Summer due too Another Car pushing my Wife off the Hwy.... State Troopers said, they have never seen a Car go 65ft Air-Born on two wheels and not Flipp Over. Only damage was busted air lost from driver side rear tire.... God Was With Us Mainly....

Favorite Features

Safe

Suggested Improvements

Needs Up grade on Transmission

Worst car ever!!!
By got2bekylee

2003 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

We got the Saturn in November of 2012 with 78000 miles on it. The transmission went out in January of 2013 with 81000 miles on it. This car is by far the worst car i have ever owned. It was nothing but stress for me. I ignored all the reviews and still go the car. Worst mistake ever. I will never buy another car from GM again..

Suggested Improvements

Take these pieces of junk off the road!!!

The best vehicle value I've ever enjoyed!
By mjuresich

2003 Saturn VUE SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my '03 Vue in November of '08 for $2500 with 180K on the clock and a salvage? title. I now have 237k miles on it. I've only replaced the brakes, a wheel bearing/hub assembly, a rear drive shaft support bearing and U-joints in the 4.5 years I've enjoyed it. It just won't die! It always starts right up even on the coldest of Michigan days. The AWD is tremendous in the snow. Talk about value and reliability! I've received more than my money's worth from this vehicle. I hate rust and thus love the plastic body panels on this vehicle. Ten years old and it still looks great! I'd buy another V6 Vue in a minute!

Favorite Features

Plastic body! AWD Versatility