2003 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:
Don't ignore these reviews - TRANSMISSION HELL
By lilpinkzombie on 08/22/13 14:45 PM (PDT)

2003 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I love my car, that is no secret. Everyone who knows me... knows I love my 2003 Saturn Vue. I purchased it for way over it's value because I needed a reliable vehicle and I was not looking too hot in the credit realm. Within two weeks, the transmission went out. I called the dealership, they had to fix within the 45 day guarantee. They gave it back and it just hasn't been the same since. I have also dealt with the module going out and other various transmission issues. As much as I love my car, there is no way anyone can own a Saturn and not spend more on repairs than the actual value of the vehicle. Period.

BAD TRANSMISSION
By warair on 05/05/13 11:52 AM (PDT)

2003 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

Just like others has said. Do your Home work before buying one of these cars. At 130.000 miles the Transmission Went Out. Cost Around $$$5,000 said too said can not addord to put this much money into it.... They are really safe Cars... Went Air-Born On InterState 10 last Summer due too Another Car pushing my Wife off the Hwy.... State Troopers said, they have never seen a Car go 65ft Air-Born on two wheels and not Flipp Over. Only damage was busted air lost from driver side rear tire.... God Was With Us Mainly....

Worst car ever!!!
By got2bekylee on 04/06/13 06:28 AM (PDT)

2003 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

We got the Saturn in November of 2012 with 78000 miles on it. The transmission went out in January of 2013 with 81000 miles on it. This car is by far the worst car i have ever owned. It was nothing but stress for me. I ignored all the reviews and still go the car. Worst mistake ever. I will never buy another car from GM again..

Worst Car I Have Ever Owned
By gr82balive on 12/30/11 18:03 PM (PST)

2003 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I purchased the 2003 model in 2009 without doing my homework. 13 months later (after the one year warranty expired) the tranny went out.Cost me 5200 to fix 3wks later the front differential is starting to go out, quoted price:5600 to fix. After new tranny was put in my mpg dropped from approx 13 to approx 6mpg. If I wasn't locked into payments I would have scrap heaped this piece of junk when the tranny went out. Most regretted purchase of my adult life. Saturn/GM dealerships have been useless. Once one problem is expensively fixed another one rears its pricey head.DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY DO NOT BUY!

Don't buy 2003-2005 VUE
By joaniep on 09/02/11 06:47 AM (PDT)

2003 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

Don't buy 2002-05 Saturn Vue or Ion! VTI transmission failure expected by GM but no recall issued. I have a 2003 Vue with 67k miles that is now worth scrap metal because I cannot afford the $5500 rebuilt transmission. My car is only worth $6500. I never received written notification or was notified by the Saturn Dealership during routine maintenance. I cannot afford a new car payment; which is why I took care of my Vue - so I wouldn't have to. GM lost class action to replace these transmissions but filed for bankruptcy and received government (taxpayer) bailout before owners notified. Class action re-filed with "new" GM to compel to provide owners with relief.

LEMON!
By Aimee Steven Perry on 09/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

We purchased our Vue in March of 2008, the first weekend driving it the axle broke going up the steepest hill in our city. We were rolling backwards and could not stop, cost of repair 800. The next thing to go was in October of 2008, the BCM blew, the car would not start. Saturn told us it was not under warranty and not sure why it broke the repair would be $2000 Then the exhaust manifold cracked not only once but twice, cost of that $1000, when we replaced that we found that the bearings all needed to be replaced Dec 09.Most recent, our car stopped dead in traffic, we had to push if off the road, the car is not getting gas so it stalls unless you keep your foot on the gas.

Saturn VUE equals junk
By Mtfloo on 07/18/10 12:35 PM (PDT)

2003 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

We have had our VUE for 7 years. We had to replace the wheel bearings, $450 each, between 50,000 and 65,000 miles. It now has 107,000 miles and guess what.. we are once again replacing them. What other vehicle has to do this. Also, motor in rear window wiper gone after 60,000 miles, cord to raise the hood has had to be replaced twice. The clutch in the 4 speed was replaced at 40,000 miles, I could go on and on. Those cars are junk! GM was very smart to dump them. Although some work out ok, most don't.

Transmission bad
By Alan on 06/07/10 11:01 AM (PDT)

2003 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

This car was clean! Bought it used and 6 days later the CVT transmission went out. The dealership took it back because it was too costly for them to repair and they said the mechanics would not stand behind it if they did. The CVT transmission is junk!

Absolutely Horrible
By Jeb on 05/11/10 16:40 PM (PDT)

2003 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

We bought our's used at 80,000 miles. The transmission blew at 88,000 miles. After a long fight with Saturn I got them to cover half of the $5000.00 repair. The transmission just blew again....lasted 100,000 miles this time. We did not get any benefit from the class action lawsuit that Saturn settled because our mileage exceeded the settlement, but basically the settlement claims Saturn knew that they were producing bad transmissions that blow around 80000 miles. They of course deny it. I also replaced multiple ball bearings. Horrible. Cheap. Worthless.

Piece of junk do not buy
By Saturn owner on 05/03/10 09:34 AM (PDT)

2003 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I just purchased what I believed to be a nice little reliable SUV, WRONG! After buying it I was driving it home and half way there the transmission failed! Completely gave out, I have a full 100 point inspection done before purchasing it and it cleared everything no problems. Even the transmission according to the inspection was in perfect running order. I am now having to pay between 5000-7000 to replace it and am out a vehicle. I had no idea I was getting such a piece of junk when I bought it. I would never buy a Saturn again and warn anyone to stay clear away. I wish I had seen all these negative reviews before purchasing it!