2003 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:
The best vehicle value I've ever enjoyed!
By mjuresich on 03/23/13 02:37 AM (PDT)

2003 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my '03 Vue in November of '08 for $2500 with 180K on the clock and a salvage? title. I now have 237k miles on it. I've only replaced the brakes, a wheel bearing/hub assembly, a rear drive shaft support bearing and U-joints in the 4.5 years I've enjoyed it. It just won't die! It always starts right up even on the coldest of Michigan days. The AWD is tremendous in the snow. Talk about value and reliability! I've received more than my money's worth from this vehicle. I hate rust and thus love the plastic body panels on this vehicle. Ten years old and it still looks great! I'd buy another V6 Vue in a minute!

Reliable and Safe
By wgpenguin on 11/19/12 13:36 PM (PST)

2003 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Vue used in 2004 with 16,000 miles. I have had a couple of big things go wrong (transmission control module, water pump), but that's to be expected in a 9 year old, lower end car. I bought an after market extended warranty for $1,500 that is still in effect even now, and it's been worth it. I now have over 120,000 miles on it and I still feel like it's very reliable. My sister in law also had one - rolled it 9.5 times on the interstate and walked away with just bumps and bruises. Very safe!

Had I known
By MM in atl on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wish I had done better research. It fit the bill of decent mileage for a small SUV, BUT it's been trouble every few months since I purchased it with 80,000 miles. I'm dumping it as soon as I get a chance! The transmission would be covered by my extended warranty, but it's never that - it's the wires, the modules and connections that lead the transmission that I keep having to pay for. I'm so thankful for the extended warranty, because that has helped out with other issues like leaky valves, wheel bearing which was replaced and other misfires. Do NOT buy one of these lemons, they're SO cheaply made! The whole exterior is plastic and the mechanics are of equal quality.

My first Saturn. Still in love with It
By RedStorm on 07/03/10 09:21 AM (PDT)

2003 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have to say our 2003 Saturn VUE is a fun SUV to drive. Only issues have been, NONE! New set of tires and regular maintenance. It is now a secondary car for my husband to drive in the winter. I have been driving it lately due to issues with our 07 Outlook. Cannot believe that we have had it 7 years and it still looks as good as the day we drove it off the car lot. Was ticked off the day I heard GM was stopping production.

Not Sure
By Mosers on 11/06/09 06:29 AM (PST)

2003 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Saturn VUE in 2008. I have driven it over a year now and I have had no complications like I am reading here. I did however just have my brake shoes replaced and they are now telling me that my front wheel bearings are a little loose and will need replacing soon. Other than that I have had no problems like I have been reading. Trust me, I am still reading up on all these problems.

Good Reliable Vehicle
By GA79 on 06/03/09 08:33 AM (PDT)

2003 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car since September of 2002 and have put over 105,000 miles on it. I just recently had my 100k mile service done and did have a few things to replace (wheel bearings, strut, brakes/brake pads) but up until this point it has been nothing but basic maintenance. I change my oil regularly every 3k-4k miles and have gone on quite a few 1000+ mile trips with no problems at all. I've also lived in cold wintery climates and it was a dream to drive in the snow. The VUE will definitely be on my list for my next new car.

Do not buy!
By tigerlily on 03/02/09 18:51 PM (PST)

2003 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought to replace a too small Honda Civic. I loved it for the first year and it's been nothing but problems since. We had to replace the thermostat and the driver's side seat heater. he check engine light goes on and off all the time and the low coolant light comes on and off as well. The brakes don't last and now we have coolant leaking out and mixing with the oil. Getting rid of it as soon as possible!! Loved the interior design, just hate the problems.

Never Again
By Kirk on 11/18/08 06:26 AM (PST)

2003 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The front suspension is poorly designed. The transmission gives you whiplash every time you put it into drive. The valve covers leak like Niagra Falls. Tried to fix valve cover leak, found you had to take the intake off to replace the valve covers and spark plugs. Would cost $500 - $600 to have Saturn replace these parts. What a joke, who approved this design. Tranny clunks into drive. This issue started very early on and was defined by the dealer as standard operating procedure. Oil filter cover had to be replaced, overpriced at ~$30, should of been free (had a design issue which was fixed) the attendant just laughed at this sug. You will never ever find me at a Saturn/GM dealership again

Do not buy this vehicle
By Scott on 10/23/08 17:51 PM (PDT)

2003 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our 2003 AWD V-6 because my wife liked the styling, the AWD, the 4 doors and heard Saturns were good cars. Please take it from me, it's junk. The front end rattles and shakes. We have had brakes replaced, tires replaced, it still shakes. The transmission just went out, a $5,900 fix, more than the car is worth! The Saturn dealer said it would cost more to rebuild the transmission than to replace it with a new one. To me, that is simply crazy. Buy a Ford or a Toyota but stay away from this piece of junk!

Avoid 2003 model of Saturn VUE
By Paul on 08/19/08 10:59 AM (PDT)

2003 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have a 2003 Saturn VUE with 87,000 miles on it. Below are parts that had to be replaced: * water pump at 42,000 miles * rear differential at 48,000 and 84,000 miles * heater motor * rear wiper motor *steering pinions Additionally, the leather seats have cracked on a side despite bi-weekly conditioning. I do not plan to purchase another GM product.