Used 2003 Saturn VUE Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

The best vehicle value I've ever enjoyed!
By mjuresich

2003 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my '03 Vue in November of '08 for $2500 with 180K on the clock and a salvage? title. I now have 237k miles on it. I've only replaced the brakes, a wheel bearing/hub assembly, a rear drive shaft support bearing and U-joints in the 4.5 years I've enjoyed it. It just won't die! It always starts right up even on the coldest of Michigan days. The AWD is tremendous in the snow. Talk about value and reliability! I've received more than my money's worth from this vehicle. I hate rust and thus love the plastic body panels on this vehicle. Ten years old and it still looks great! I'd buy another V6 Vue in a minute!

Plastic body! AWD Versatility

Reliable and Safe
By wgpenguin

2003 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Vue used in 2004 with 16,000 miles. I have had a couple of big things go wrong (transmission control module, water pump), but that's to be expected in a 9 year old, lower end car. I bought an after market extended warranty for $1,500 that is still in effect even now, and it's been worth it. I now have over 120,000 miles on it and I still feel like it's very reliable. My sister in law also had one - rolled it 9.5 times on the interstate and walked away with just bumps and bruises. Very safe!

It's the perfect size! I can park it in any space without a problem, yet can fit just about anything I want in the cargo area with the seats folded down - even a full size bicycle. Small on the outside, yet roomy on the inside.

Wish the fold down seats folded flat - they sit at a slight incline when folded down. Also would like to see rear AC vent - takes a few minutes for the back seat to feel AC. Noisy ride - lots of road noise seeps in.

Had I known
By MM in atl

2003 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wish I had done better research. It fit the bill of decent mileage for a small SUV, BUT it's been trouble every few months since I purchased it with 80,000 miles. I'm dumping it as soon as I get a chance! The transmission would be covered by my extended warranty, but it's never that - it's the wires, the modules and connections that lead the transmission that I keep having to pay for. I'm so thankful for the extended warranty, because that has helped out with other issues like leaky valves, wheel bearing which was replaced and other misfires. Do NOT buy one of these lemons, they're SO cheaply made! The whole exterior is plastic and the mechanics are of equal quality.

I loved the big back seat - comfortable for the kids. I also loved the exterior temp and the compass reading in the rear view mirror - but that's just a geek thing.

My first Saturn. Still in love with It
By RedStorm

2003 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have to say our 2003 Saturn VUE is a fun SUV to drive. Only issues have been, NONE! New set of tires and regular maintenance. It is now a secondary car for my husband to drive in the winter. I have been driving it lately due to issues with our 07 Outlook. Cannot believe that we have had it 7 years and it still looks as good as the day we drove it off the car lot. Was ticked off the day I heard GM was stopping production.

Fun to drive love the sun roof and the heated seats, toasty in the winter.

Bring back Saturn please.

Not Sure
By Mosers

2003 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Saturn VUE in 2008. I have driven it over a year now and I have had no complications like I am reading here. I did however just have my brake shoes replaced and they are now telling me that my front wheel bearings are a little loose and will need replacing soon. Other than that I have had no problems like I have been reading. Trust me, I am still reading up on all these problems.

Easy driving, sunroof, all the room