Used 2003 Saturn VUE Base Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

The best winter car ever!
By Katelyn

2003 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I just bought this car three days ago. The day I bought it we received about a foot of snow! Not only was this car unstoppable on snow or ice once the awd kicked in I could go anywhere! No more getting plowed into the driveway! Also the gas mileage is great and I was so surprised by how fast it heats up and how easily it starts even in the coldness of Iowa winter. Love this car!

Loved it until the transmission went out
By Car buyer

2003 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I bought the car with 123,000 miles on it, I loved it and it drove very well but the transmission went out on me after 3000 miles.

I had bought the 2.2 4 cyl. AWD DO NOT BUY THAT MODEL, the mechanic said it was notorious for being a bad transmission, and they are nearly impossible to find.

If you do get a Saturn Vue, get the V6 version, the engine and transmission were made by honda and I'm sure will last you much longer.

One owner single woman!
By Jackie

2003 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

Love this car. Purchased brand new and have driven for 11 years. Saturn should have never stopped building these

Don't buy one.. If you have one Good Luck!
By Iffy

2003 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I just bought an 03 Saturn Vue last year and 3 days sitting in the driveway and the transmission went out. It only had 80 thousand miles on it and I had just registered it for $500 and I had just towed it from San Francisco run another $500. 4000 dollars later and thing died in three days. So much for reliability and all that other good stuff. If you're looking to buy a Saturn don't be an idiot, and if you already have one good luck.

Cvt transmission
By eladiac

2003 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

Transmission went out, can not be fixed, entire new transmission, run away from any saturn vue cvt transmission. Car looks great interior and exterioir, but what good does it do if $5000 to replace transmission. I'll be junking it.major disappointment.