Used 2003 Saturn VUE Consumer Reviews - 403 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

The best winter car ever!
By Katelyn

2003 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I just bought this car three days ago. The day I bought it we received about a foot of snow! Not only was this car unstoppable on snow or ice once the awd kicked in I could go anywhere! No more getting plowed into the driveway! Also the gas mileage is great and I was so surprised by how fast it heats up and how easily it starts even in the coldness of Iowa winter. Love this car!

Loved it until the transmission went out
By Car buyer

2003 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I bought the car with 123,000 miles on it, I loved it and it drove very well but the transmission went out on me after 3000 miles.

I had bought the 2.2 4 cyl. AWD DO NOT BUY THAT MODEL, the mechanic said it was notorious for being a bad transmission, and they are nearly impossible to find.

If you do get a Saturn Vue, get the V6 version, the engine and transmission were made by honda and I'm sure will last you much longer.

One owner single woman!
By Jackie

2003 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

Love this car. Purchased brand new and have driven for 11 years. Saturn should have never stopped building these

Worse car I've ever owned
By Shyanne

2003 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car a few years ago. Since I've had it, the BCM went out, had to get the master cylinder replaced TWICE, went through countless calibers and brake pads, brakes locked up at least once a week, horrible mileage, had an exhaust leak, every one of my flex pipes were broken, starter broke, interior lights stopped working, the horn would get stuck, theft system was a joke, hatch would not stay up, and on top of all that its the ugliest car I've ever had

MPG
By Travis

2003 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This 2003 Vue was the first car my wife has bought on her own.She talked him down to $1450 and we drove it home. My girls came out and cleaned it up while we were at work and it's not let us down yet,but we haven't owned it but for 7months.As of today I have put right at 20,000 miles on it and its been great. It needs a clutch but with 255,000 miles on it I would too.We just took it to the beach and I was getting almost 35 mpg,mind you we had it packed.5 people and luggage and it only costs us $12 to drive down there. We had just got rid of our 2012 Sonic because the mpg wasn't there, same trip in it,well we had to fill up before we got there and it is a smaller car with a smaller engine. We love our Vue and we plan on keeping it for a while.