Used 2002 Saturn VUE Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

2002 Saturn VUE

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

Still crying.........................
By Still Crying........

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I now need to replace the transmission for the 3rd time in my 2002 VUE. GM will assist with 30 percent but the transmission will cost more than what I owe on the car. It is hard for me to understand the cost of the transmission because GM is well aware the transmission was not designed well and there have been numerous failures of the transmission. Go figure I wanted to stay with American made. I will now have to park and pay for a car I can not drive but still responsible to pay for. Just shoot me!!

I liked the style and the way it looked. Just remember not to make my mistake. Cute is not always good.

A transmission that will work correctly. Make the replacement transmission less expensive "since" GM was responsibe for creating it....

Yes, I love my Saturn
By DM

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Saturn. My Vue has 97,000 miles on it and has only had one expensive problem. Other than tires/oil changes/routine maintenance the only problems have been a leak around the front passenger door (fixed by Saturn easily) and currently the gas gauge has stopped registering correctly. I have driven hundreds of miles in a day and been comfortable all the way. I am still getting 29 mi/gal highway and decent mileage on in town driving.

seating is very comfortable for me. The vehicle still looks good and gets great mileage. There is a lot of interior space for groceries, animals,auction items, whatever....I have been able to get through high snow drifts with minimal effort.

would be nice if the back seat would lay down flat. Also (for me) there is a large blind spot area.

It's been since 96 since i bout my 02 Vu
By Tie

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have never had a major problems with my Vue since i bout it in 006. I just now noticed i need to replace my sway bar witch cost 300 at dealership to replace. But that is it. I am sure like all cars the older it gets the more worn it becomes but that is pretty good. No emergencys. I like my truck alot but i would love to get my hands on that Outlook.. I LOVE the one.

Sunroof. Power everything. Space.thats it !

Better seats, more comfortable would be nice.More air vents. There should be some in the back considering its a hatch back. Takes a while to cool down.

First time Saturn owner
By Mary

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Vue new and was hit twice within my first year, both times extensive damage was done. On both occasions, I had no sore neck or any other physical problems afterward. It was though I hadn't been in an accident. I'd been T-boned and rear ended. I'm extremely pleased with it's crash protection qualities. I love my Vue, and hadn't experienced any real mechanical failures until around 100,000 miles. Then it was an O2 sensor, engine leak, and engine light staying on. It turned out to be the part that allows the diagnostics to work (forget name ). Five- hundred dollars later, it seems that only the light was bad. I now have 108,000 and wonder if I should sell it soon. No regrets!

Favorite feature is the power in acceleration and the safety features.

This car is clunky over bumps, needs better mileage and tighter turning ability.

Great Buy!!
By nine

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Went from a 3/4ton Suburban to this tiny Vue, I absolutely love it!! I have had it a year with no problems what so ever! Stock stereo is great nice and loud! There is plenty of room for my kids and travel and camping gear. The dent resistant body is great keeps it looking smooth. Very classy sophisticated family car!

Small look yet very roomy. All passenger seats fold flat for more cargo room. Power of sports car, 0-60 in few seconds. Great Sound System.

Improve the outside noise heard inside the vehicle.