Used 2002 Saturn VUE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Saturn Vue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

It's been since 96 since i bout my 02 Vu
By Tie

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have never had a major problems with my Vue since i bout it in 006. I just now noticed i need to replace my sway bar witch cost 300 at dealership to replace. But that is it. I am sure like all cars the older it gets the more worn it becomes but that is pretty good. No emergencys. I like my truck alot but i would love to get my hands on that Outlook.. I LOVE the one.

Favorite Features

Sunroof. Power everything. Space.thats it !

Suggested Improvements

Better seats, more comfortable would be nice.More air vents. There should be some in the back considering its a hatch back. Takes a while to cool down.

First time Saturn owner
By Mary

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Vue new and was hit twice within my first year, both times extensive damage was done. On both occasions, I had no sore neck or any other physical problems afterward. It was though I hadn't been in an accident. I'd been T-boned and rear ended. I'm extremely pleased with it's crash protection qualities. I love my Vue, and hadn't experienced any real mechanical failures until around 100,000 miles. Then it was an O2 sensor, engine leak, and engine light staying on. It turned out to be the part that allows the diagnostics to work (forget name ). Five- hundred dollars later, it seems that only the light was bad. I now have 108,000 and wonder if I should sell it soon. No regrets!

Favorite Features

Favorite feature is the power in acceleration and the safety features.

Suggested Improvements

This car is clunky over bumps, needs better mileage and tighter turning ability.

Great Buy!!
By nine

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Went from a 3/4ton Suburban to this tiny Vue, I absolutely love it!! I have had it a year with no problems what so ever! Stock stereo is great nice and loud! There is plenty of room for my kids and travel and camping gear. The dent resistant body is great keeps it looking smooth. Very classy sophisticated family car!

Favorite Features

Small look yet very roomy. All passenger seats fold flat for more cargo room. Power of sports car, 0-60 in few seconds. Great Sound System.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the outside noise heard inside the vehicle.

Make sure they are New
By 5th Time the Charm

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

5 time Saturn owner looking for a truck. Found a loaded '02 VUE off of a 3 year lease with 24K miles. Everything was great until 50K. Then it was new tires, brakes, cam positioning sensor, front strut mounts and a gremlin in the electrical system. 72K saw new catalytic converter, front strut bushings (sounded like there was a metal on metal grind from the front end, must have been the mounts again) and brakes, again. All covered under warranty. 85K saw new shocks, struts, tires, center support bearing for rear drive, 3 wheel bearings and to top it off a bad ECM! Truck was great when it ran. Solid power, stable and comfortable. Make sure you have a warranty. When it expires, dump it.

Favorite Features

Styling, layout (not that bad), power, stability and traction w/awd

Suggested Improvements

Actually designing a vehicle without planned failure. Too many times a tech saying "yeah that happens all the time".

02 Saturn Vue
By dqpryor

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Certainly had some first year bugs (windshield not set correctly, computer had glitches, etc.) but it's been a very functional vehicle. We got a lot of utility out of it.

Favorite Features

Use of space is outstanding. It's been pretty reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Radio controls are difficult to understand. Seats are not contoured well for long drives.