Used 2002 Saturn VUE Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

2002 Saturn VUE

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

Love It!!!!
By Kelley

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I LOVE My Saturn! It has been very dependable & handles excellent! Other than Oil Changes, I had to replace the crank position sensor which was about $85 (A very popular problem in these vehicles) and Im about to change the sway bar links here pretty soon. (also another common problem in VUEs) I take great care of my VUE. Oil Changed every 3,000 with Mobil 5,000, Wax's, Mid-Grade Gas, I get about 24MPG, I love it and expect it to last another 75,000 or more!

The AWD with Traction Control! Works Wonders in a Snowy State! Love that the Center Council/Cup Holders are below the seats and can hold coffee mugs easily with out spilling.

Better Cloth Interior, Seats in the Back are really firm.

Mine has been a "Good One"
By Karen

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When I first purchased the Vue, I was driving over 100 miles a day to and from work. I wanted something cheap and dependable. That was 6 years and over 100k miles ago. Besides the normal oil changes, tires, brakes and other normal maintenance, I have had to spend nothing for repairs. It's been a very good car and I hope it continues to be.

Plain, Comfortable and Roomy

Never again
By Millner

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

Will never buy this SUV again. I have owned several good quality automobiles, but the Saturn Vue turned out to be the nightmare of my life. Transmission has failed for the fourth time since I purchased this vehicle. Repairing it has not been helpful. This is the third winter I am riding the bus to work and still paying a note on this vehicle. The cost of the transmission is more than the vehicle is worth at this point and it seems like a bad investment anyway to pay that much for a transmission that has not been designed to hold up.

Exterior design, gas mileage

Transmission for this vehicle that will hold up.

Glad that's over...
By Gregory

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I hate to bash this car, it got me around for 'bout 7 years and over 100k, but: This cars been my rival the entire time- Pros: This thing is pretty safe. I have been in 3 notable accidents (most recently fatally colliding with a deer) which have left me completely safe and confused that my vehicle had collided with something! Cons- This whole car (Including critical engine components) is made of cheap plastic, prone to dissentegrate and collapse in dire, drastic and expensive ways. It's all hunky dory 'til your engine almost seizes or your shifter breaks, leaving you in 1st gear and 30miles from the nearest soul. Thanks, Saturn.

hmmm... the 3 visible elements of this care NOT made out of plastic seemed to hold up pretty well.

Less frail timing chains- proper wiring, not assemble stick-shifter with frail plastic, or door handles, or lights- oh and your standard-issue roofrack turns the car into a giant rapidly moving high-pitched constant whistle. I've never been so happy to visit a used car lot.

Have Never Been So Disappointed
By Ednava58

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wish I never bought the 2002 Saturn VUE. When I first test drove it, it had no heat and it was in 12/02, before purchasing the car they promised to fix it. Well the dealer had my car more than I did and it became a joke at work and with friends. I would always hear, oh it is in the shop AGAIN. I told them I had transmission problems, of course they say there was nothing wrong. Well in 2008 I was still having problems with the transmission and the service manager checked my VIN and found out that I was ONE number away from getting a new transmission, but no luck. I lost all power one day entering on the highway, oh so many things went wrong with this thing they call a VUE.

Nothing really.

My honest opinion, get the VUE off of the car sales market, I have to now trade it in for a new car and WILL NOT even look at one. My car is haunted and it has left a nasty taste in my mouth.