Used 2002 Saturn VUE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Saturn Vue - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

Most Helpful|
Love the VUE
By David

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Had it now for 8 years and the only problems I had was the Body Control Module and the Stabilizer links. The dealership wanted $750.00 Canadian total to replace the module. However I ordered the part in the US and saved $350.00!

Favorite Features

Roomy Very comfortable and excellent gas mileage, easy shifting

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel horn difficult to locate in quick situations, Front Pillar supports obstructs vision. Occasional front end rattling noise over bumps

Dead Soldier
By boyinblue

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a Saturn 2002 VUE (V6) with about 100K on it for under $10K from a local dealership. The original owner put every bell and whistle on it. No issues for the first 2 years and then the parade of issues started. I understand the SUV had 100K on it but what started happening should not necessarily be expected The engine is horrible. It is my understanding that Saturn opted for a SAAB motor. I believe they has those engines until 2005. Nothing but issues. Leaking oil, burning oil, had gaskets replaced. Recently the 6th cylinder quit. We have sunk about $3500 to keep this car on the road. We should have dumped it within the first 3 years after purchase.

Favorite Features

The heating system is horribly inadequate. Living in the cold north you either had to choose to defrost your windshield or heat the interior. The keeping the side windows frost free is a long process. The horn stuck on. Had to pull the fuse to shut the horn off. To fix it would require removing the airbag at a dealership for over $700. Only positive: The plastic sides. The vehicle still looks showroom new with very few scratches. DO NOT BY A USED SATURN 2002-2004 VUE.

Add my repair bills and I could have bought a Land Rover
By threeninety

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car new, since day one it's been a horrible money pit. Saturn found a way to get out of fixing anything under warrantee, I'm glad the brand is gone, GM shame on you. Sunroof has always leaked (I constantly am dealing with the drains), interior has always been moldy as a result. Fixed the transmission twice, in fact fixed just about everything twice. Car has stranded my wife and toddlers on several occasions. Worst car I have ever had, regret even buying any Saturn or modern day GM product. I'll never own a Honda or import, so I'll try Dodge and Ford. Whomever was on the staff designing this POS should go back to school, or design scooters.

Favorite Features

nothing

Suggested Improvements

going out of business

Will hit 200K Next month
By uppity

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a wonderful car. I've kept it well maintained so repairs have been minimal. Only things needing repair have been something related to the front end and a sensor of some kind. Repairs were so long ago I don't really remember. Have replaced brakes, battery and tires but I consider those part of maintenance. Still on the original exhaust system and clutch. Only redid the brakes once. I.can only hope my next car is this reliable.

Worst Car Ever
By 2002vue1229

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

One month after purchasing this car the engine light and wrench light came on. The DRLs will turn off and on randomly, the horn will come on randomly and wont shut off. Now the vehicle wont start. I shut it off at home and the next day it wouldnt start. This happened once before and I had to reset the security system and it worked, now nothing will work. I dont know what to do with this junk. Dont buy this car!!!