Used 2002 Saturn VUE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

Horrible!
By mres08

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Worst car ever. After owning for 1 1/2 years, I have to get rid of it. Have is the key word. It died on the highway. Nobody can tell me specifically what's wrong with it because there's about 8 different things wrong with it. The engine is about to go. There are brake problems, engine problems, thermostat problems, etc. I regret getting this car-- it's had problems since day one. No wonder Saturn's out of business. The reliability of their cars are seemingly terrible.

Love the VUE
By David

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Had it now for 8 years and the only problems I had was the Body Control Module and the Stabilizer links. The dealership wanted $750.00 Canadian total to replace the module. However I ordered the part in the US and saved $350.00!

Roomy Very comfortable and excellent gas mileage, easy shifting

Steering wheel horn difficult to locate in quick situations, Front Pillar supports obstructs vision. Occasional front end rattling noise over bumps

I hate this car!
By disappointed

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Worst car I have ever owned! I bought this car in 06 and have had problems ever since! Within a week of getting it, it went the shop for a mouth and a half. and I have had problems ever since. Wish I could trade it in instead of putting more money in it but cant afford either one right now. I really dislike this car!

Roomy enough for friends and families and kids!

Engine.

Love It!!!!
By Kelley

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I LOVE My Saturn! It has been very dependable & handles excellent! Other than Oil Changes, I had to replace the crank position sensor which was about $85 (A very popular problem in these vehicles) and Im about to change the sway bar links here pretty soon. (also another common problem in VUEs) I take great care of my VUE. Oil Changed every 3,000 with Mobil 5,000, Wax's, Mid-Grade Gas, I get about 24MPG, I love it and expect it to last another 75,000 or more!

The AWD with Traction Control! Works Wonders in a Snowy State! Love that the Center Council/Cup Holders are below the seats and can hold coffee mugs easily with out spilling.

Better Cloth Interior, Seats in the Back are really firm.

Mine has been a "Good One"
By Karen

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When I first purchased the Vue, I was driving over 100 miles a day to and from work. I wanted something cheap and dependable. That was 6 years and over 100k miles ago. Besides the normal oil changes, tires, brakes and other normal maintenance, I have had to spend nothing for repairs. It's been a very good car and I hope it continues to be.

Plain, Comfortable and Roomy