2002 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:
Have Never Been So Disappointed
By Ednava58 on 09/25/09 08:44 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wish I never bought the 2002 Saturn VUE. When I first test drove it, it had no heat and it was in 12/02, before purchasing the car they promised to fix it. Well the dealer had my car more than I did and it became a joke at work and with friends. I would always hear, oh it is in the shop AGAIN. I told them I had transmission problems, of course they say there was nothing wrong. Well in 2008 I was still having problems with the transmission and the service manager checked my VIN and found out that I was ONE number away from getting a new transmission, but no luck. I lost all power one day entering on the highway, oh so many things went wrong with this thing they call a VUE.

Still crying.........................
By Still Crying........ on 07/10/09 08:25 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I now need to replace the transmission for the 3rd time in my 2002 VUE. GM will assist with 30 percent but the transmission will cost more than what I owe on the car. It is hard for me to understand the cost of the transmission because GM is well aware the transmission was not designed well and there have been numerous failures of the transmission. Go figure I wanted to stay with American made. I will now have to park and pay for a car I can not drive but still responsible to pay for. Just shoot me!!

Yes, I love my Saturn
By DM on 07/02/09 18:21 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Saturn. My Vue has 97,000 miles on it and has only had one expensive problem. Other than tires/oil changes/routine maintenance the only problems have been a leak around the front passenger door (fixed by Saturn easily) and currently the gas gauge has stopped registering correctly. I have driven hundreds of miles in a day and been comfortable all the way. I am still getting 29 mi/gal highway and decent mileage on in town driving.

It's been since 96 since i bout my 02 Vu
By Tie on 05/26/09 22:54 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have never had a major problems with my Vue since i bout it in 006. I just now noticed i need to replace my sway bar witch cost 300 at dealership to replace. But that is it. I am sure like all cars the older it gets the more worn it becomes but that is pretty good. No emergencys. I like my truck alot but i would love to get my hands on that Outlook.. I LOVE the one.

First time Saturn owner
By Mary on 05/02/09 07:39 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Vue new and was hit twice within my first year, both times extensive damage was done. On both occasions, I had no sore neck or any other physical problems afterward. It was though I hadn't been in an accident. I'd been T-boned and rear ended. I'm extremely pleased with it's crash protection qualities. I love my Vue, and hadn't experienced any real mechanical failures until around 100,000 miles. Then it was an O2 sensor, engine leak, and engine light staying on. It turned out to be the part that allows the diagnostics to work (forget name ). Five- hundred dollars later, it seems that only the light was bad. I now have 108,000 and wonder if I should sell it soon. No regrets!

Great Buy!!
By nine on 04/08/09 15:45 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Went from a 3/4ton Suburban to this tiny Vue, I absolutely love it!! I have had it a year with no problems what so ever! Stock stereo is great nice and loud! There is plenty of room for my kids and travel and camping gear. The dent resistant body is great keeps it looking smooth. Very classy sophisticated family car!

Make sure they are New
By 5th Time the Charm on 04/01/09 20:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

5 time Saturn owner looking for a truck. Found a loaded '02 VUE off of a 3 year lease with 24K miles. Everything was great until 50K. Then it was new tires, brakes, cam positioning sensor, front strut mounts and a gremlin in the electrical system. 72K saw new catalytic converter, front strut bushings (sounded like there was a metal on metal grind from the front end, must have been the mounts again) and brakes, again. All covered under warranty. 85K saw new shocks, struts, tires, center support bearing for rear drive, 3 wheel bearings and to top it off a bad ECM! Truck was great when it ran. Solid power, stable and comfortable. Make sure you have a warranty. When it expires, dump it.

02 Saturn Vue
By dqpryor on 01/23/09 12:32 PM (PST)

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Certainly had some first year bugs (windshield not set correctly, computer had glitches, etc.) but it's been a very functional vehicle. We got a lot of utility out of it.

Don't buy one
By kevin on 01/22/09 11:30 AM (PST)

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car brand new, love the dealer hate the quality of the Vue. Here are just a few of the problems I've had over the years. Struts went bad at 500 miles, car had to be towed at 1000 miles would not start burrs in the fuel rail bad abs the breaks stink, both O2 sensors are bad, crank case sensor went bad, gas guage works when it feels like it same with turn signals. Engine control module went out when driving 70 mph lost all control of everything including power breaks and steering. My wife was locked in the car not once but twice (how is that possible)? Car lost all power while driving in Atlanta on way to Florida, went to dealer was charged $85 for bad connection happened again.

Saturn Vue Lemon
By Never again on 01/12/09 19:11 PM (PST)

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my used 2002 Saturn Vue AWD in 2007 from a Saturn dealer in Downers Grove. It had 53,000 miles on it. From the start it had problems--a loud whining noise which was the vacuum. Then the ABS light went on, along with a fluid leak under the engine The service engine soon light went on with loss of power. I took it to a Saturn dealer in Savoy. They put in a new water pump/wheel speed sensors/hub assembly. That took care of some problems. I took it in seven times to get the service engine soon light and hesitation/loss of power problem solved. It never was solved and my engine ended up ruined with metal shavings in it. I need a new engine-big bucks. I will never buy a Saturn again.