2002 Saturn VUE Consumer Reviews 2

2002 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:
Never again
By Millner on 12/12/09 21:29 PM (PST)

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

Will never buy this SUV again. I have owned several good quality automobiles, but the Saturn Vue turned out to be the nightmare of my life. Transmission has failed for the fourth time since I purchased this vehicle. Repairing it has not been helpful. This is the third winter I am riding the bus to work and still paying a note on this vehicle. The cost of the transmission is more than the vehicle is worth at this point and it seems like a bad investment anyway to pay that much for a transmission that has not been designed to hold up.

Glad that's over...
By Gregory on 11/19/09 16:03 PM (PST)

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I hate to bash this car, it got me around for 'bout 7 years and over 100k, but: This cars been my rival the entire time- Pros: This thing is pretty safe. I have been in 3 notable accidents (most recently fatally colliding with a deer) which have left me completely safe and confused that my vehicle had collided with something! Cons- This whole car (Including critical engine components) is made of cheap plastic, prone to dissentegrate and collapse in dire, drastic and expensive ways. It's all hunky dory 'til your engine almost seizes or your shifter breaks, leaving you in 1st gear and 30miles from the nearest soul. Thanks, Saturn.

Have Never Been So Disappointed
By Ednava58 on 09/25/09 08:44 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I wish I never bought the 2002 Saturn VUE. When I first test drove it, it had no heat and it was in 12/02, before purchasing the car they promised to fix it. Well the dealer had my car more than I did and it became a joke at work and with friends. I would always hear, oh it is in the shop AGAIN. I told them I had transmission problems, of course they say there was nothing wrong. Well in 2008 I was still having problems with the transmission and the service manager checked my VIN and found out that I was ONE number away from getting a new transmission, but no luck. I lost all power one day entering on the highway, oh so many things went wrong with this thing they call a VUE.

Still crying.........................
By Still Crying........ on 07/10/09 08:25 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

I now need to replace the transmission for the 3rd time in my 2002 VUE. GM will assist with 30 percent but the transmission will cost more than what I owe on the car. It is hard for me to understand the cost of the transmission because GM is well aware the transmission was not designed well and there have been numerous failures of the transmission. Go figure I wanted to stay with American made. I will now have to park and pay for a car I can not drive but still responsible to pay for. Just shoot me!!

Yes, I love my Saturn
By DM on 07/02/09 18:21 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Saturn. My Vue has 97,000 miles on it and has only had one expensive problem. Other than tires/oil changes/routine maintenance the only problems have been a leak around the front passenger door (fixed by Saturn easily) and currently the gas gauge has stopped registering correctly. I have driven hundreds of miles in a day and been comfortable all the way. I am still getting 29 mi/gal highway and decent mileage on in town driving.

It's been since 96 since i bout my 02 Vu
By Tie on 05/26/09 22:54 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have never had a major problems with my Vue since i bout it in 006. I just now noticed i need to replace my sway bar witch cost 300 at dealership to replace. But that is it. I am sure like all cars the older it gets the more worn it becomes but that is pretty good. No emergencys. I like my truck alot but i would love to get my hands on that Outlook.. I LOVE the one.

First time Saturn owner
By Mary on 05/02/09 07:39 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Vue new and was hit twice within my first year, both times extensive damage was done. On both occasions, I had no sore neck or any other physical problems afterward. It was though I hadn't been in an accident. I'd been T-boned and rear ended. I'm extremely pleased with it's crash protection qualities. I love my Vue, and hadn't experienced any real mechanical failures until around 100,000 miles. Then it was an O2 sensor, engine leak, and engine light staying on. It turned out to be the part that allows the diagnostics to work (forget name ). Five- hundred dollars later, it seems that only the light was bad. I now have 108,000 and wonder if I should sell it soon. No regrets!

Great Buy!!
By nine on 04/08/09 15:45 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Went from a 3/4ton Suburban to this tiny Vue, I absolutely love it!! I have had it a year with no problems what so ever! Stock stereo is great nice and loud! There is plenty of room for my kids and travel and camping gear. The dent resistant body is great keeps it looking smooth. Very classy sophisticated family car!

Make sure they are New
By 5th Time the Charm on 04/01/09 20:29 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

5 time Saturn owner looking for a truck. Found a loaded '02 VUE off of a 3 year lease with 24K miles. Everything was great until 50K. Then it was new tires, brakes, cam positioning sensor, front strut mounts and a gremlin in the electrical system. 72K saw new catalytic converter, front strut bushings (sounded like there was a metal on metal grind from the front end, must have been the mounts again) and brakes, again. All covered under warranty. 85K saw new shocks, struts, tires, center support bearing for rear drive, 3 wheel bearings and to top it off a bad ECM! Truck was great when it ran. Solid power, stable and comfortable. Make sure you have a warranty. When it expires, dump it.

02 Saturn Vue
By dqpryor on 01/23/09 12:32 PM (PST)

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Certainly had some first year bugs (windshield not set correctly, computer had glitches, etc.) but it's been a very functional vehicle. We got a lot of utility out of it.