Used 2002 Saturn VUE Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

2002 Saturn VUE

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

Worst Car Ever
By 2002vue1229

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

One month after purchasing this car the engine light and wrench light came on. The DRLs will turn off and on randomly, the horn will come on randomly and wont shut off. Now the vehicle wont start. I shut it off at home and the next day it wouldnt start. This happened once before and I had to reset the security system and it worked, now nothing will work. I dont know what to do with this junk. Dont buy this car!!!

Given us Great Service
By tizmeusee

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Owned it since new (June 02). It really has been quite reliable. Had a few accidents and it still handled great after the repairs. Honestly, you can't tell.

Apart from normal wearables (tires, oil changes, tune ups, etc.), it has had a few expensive repairs over the years. Several faulty sensors had to be replaced to the tune of $500 a pop and the belt that MUST be done at 100K miles.

Gas mileage was about 22 mpg in mixed city/hwy. We took a number of very long trips in it (family of four) and were quite comfortable.

Great acceleration and handling. Outstanding performance in the SNOW! And, we have always loved our sunroof.

Few more comforts like power seats, GPS, bluetooth, extra cup holders, storage compartments, cigarette outlets, etc. would've been nice but weren't available at the time.

Horrible!
By mres08

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Worst car ever. After owning for 1 1/2 years, I have to get rid of it. Have is the key word. It died on the highway. Nobody can tell me specifically what's wrong with it because there's about 8 different things wrong with it. The engine is about to go. There are brake problems, engine problems, thermostat problems, etc. I regret getting this car-- it's had problems since day one. No wonder Saturn's out of business. The reliability of their cars are seemingly terrible.

Love the VUE
By David

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Had it now for 8 years and the only problems I had was the Body Control Module and the Stabilizer links. The dealership wanted $750.00 Canadian total to replace the module. However I ordered the part in the US and saved $350.00!

Roomy Very comfortable and excellent gas mileage, easy shifting

Steering wheel horn difficult to locate in quick situations, Front Pillar supports obstructs vision. Occasional front end rattling noise over bumps

I hate this car!
By disappointed

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Worst car I have ever owned! I bought this car in 06 and have had problems ever since! Within a week of getting it, it went the shop for a mouth and a half. and I have had problems ever since. Wish I could trade it in instead of putting more money in it but cant afford either one right now. I really dislike this car!

Roomy enough for friends and families and kids!

Engine.