Used 2002 Saturn VUE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

Vue 2002
By Tyger

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My VUE has been in the shop for warranty work 9 times in a year and a half. The SES light comes on every two months for, miraculously, never quite the same thing twice so I could not declare it a lemon. And now with less then 2 years, the paint is chipping. Plus, the dealer will not support a loaner car on my brand new SUV.

Comfortable seating, roomy and great for cargo.

Overall quality control improvements required at Saturn. This is my third and will never own another Saturn.

You Get What You Pay For!
By Jaysmo

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My 2 yr old Vue has been into the shop for many problems: the AC leaked into the interior, (I was told this was normal), the breaks sqeek, (again, normal), I need to double shift to get the car into 1st, (again, normal), the front struts needs replacing, and finally the ceiling fabric and lights came crashing down after the dealership screwed that up. This not including the 12 times we have been back to the dealership after they either scratched the paint, floor boards, and radio or got grease on the seats. Finally, Saturn doesn't want to be bothered once you purchase the car. I'll never by another GM, let alone another Saturn.

Style...I'll give Saturn that. Fuel economy is pretty good for an SUV.

Gear shift is very unreliable, front struts and breaks, horn is almost impossible to find, fit and finish of interior, Saturn Corp. need to be more responsive.

A reliable and fun to drive vehicle
By AMUELLERJR

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was one of the first VUE owners in St. Louis. It was not my first Saturn and won't be my last. They have always proved to be reliable, well built and practical, yet fun to drive. For an SUV it gets good milage and has been maintance free other than the standard maintenance. The polimer panels are great and require nothing. The body is well finished and appointed. It was and is a good value.

I like the interior room and ease to get in and out of.

I would prefer having the accellerator pedal moved slightly to the left, away from the center console to alow more right leg room.

A Fine SUV
By Steve Walker

2002 Saturn VUE AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

A great suv for a small family. I live in northern Maine and the vehicle has worked flawlessly. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a compact suv with real world usefullness. I owned a 01 RAV4 prior to the VUE. The VUE is alot more usefull and alot tougher suv than the RAV every was!!

Plastic seat back on passenger seat. Easy to clean up versus cloth. Gas mileage. Flat rear passenger floor. All wheel drive works great in long snowy winters we have here in Northern ME.

Smoother engine and a few less rattles.

my view of vue
By mario p

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

5 speed 4 cyl very good milage also great in snow quick and alot of power