2002 Saturn VUE SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:
Add my repair bills and I could have bought a Land Rover
By threeninety on 08/08/13 10:53 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car new, since day one it's been a horrible money pit. Saturn found a way to get out of fixing anything under warrantee, I'm glad the brand is gone, GM shame on you. Sunroof has always leaked (I constantly am dealing with the drains), interior has always been moldy as a result. Fixed the transmission twice, in fact fixed just about everything twice. Car has stranded my wife and toddlers on several occasions. Worst car I have ever had, regret even buying any Saturn or modern day GM product. I'll never own a Honda or import, so I'll try Dodge and Ford. Whomever was on the staff designing this POS should go back to school, or design scooters.

Worst Car Ever
By 2002vue1229 on 08/16/12 16:46 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn VUE SUV AWD 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

One month after purchasing this car the engine light and wrench light came on. The DRLs will turn off and on randomly, the horn will come on randomly and wont shut off. Now the vehicle wont start. I shut it off at home and the next day it wouldnt start. This happened once before and I had to reset the security system and it worked, now nothing will work. I dont know what to do with this junk. Dont buy this car!!!

Given us Great Service
By tizmeusee on 01/02/12 09:10 AM (PST)

2002 Saturn VUE SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Owned it since new (June 02). It really has been quite reliable. Had a few accidents and it still handled great after the repairs. Honestly, you can't tell. Apart from normal wearables (tires, oil changes, tune ups, etc.), it has had a few expensive repairs over the years. Several faulty sensors had to be replaced to the tune of $500 a pop and the belt that MUST be done at 100K miles. Gas mileage was about 22 mpg in mixed city/hwy. We took a number of very long trips in it (family of four) and were quite comfortable.

Horrible!
By mres08 on 12/26/10 14:10 PM (PST)

2002 Saturn VUE SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Worst car ever. After owning for 1 1/2 years, I have to get rid of it. Have is the key word. It died on the highway. Nobody can tell me specifically what's wrong with it because there's about 8 different things wrong with it. The engine is about to go. There are brake problems, engine problems, thermostat problems, etc. I regret getting this car-- it's had problems since day one. No wonder Saturn's out of business. The reliability of their cars are seemingly terrible.

Love the VUE
By David on 08/22/10 16:00 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Had it now for 8 years and the only problems I had was the Body Control Module and the Stabilizer links. The dealership wanted $750.00 Canadian total to replace the module. However I ordered the part in the US and saved $350.00!

I hate this car!
By disappointed on 04/19/10 17:01 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn VUE SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Worst car I have ever owned! I bought this car in 06 and have had problems ever since! Within a week of getting it, it went the shop for a mouth and a half. and I have had problems ever since. Wish I could trade it in instead of putting more money in it but cant afford either one right now. I really dislike this car!

Love It!!!!
By Kelley on 01/14/10 13:39 PM (PST)

2002 Saturn VUE SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I LOVE My Saturn! It has been very dependable & handles excellent! Other than Oil Changes, I had to replace the crank position sensor which was about $85 (A very popular problem in these vehicles) and Im about to change the sway bar links here pretty soon. (also another common problem in VUEs) I take great care of my VUE. Oil Changed every 3,000 with Mobil 5,000, Wax's, Mid-Grade Gas, I get about 24MPG, I love it and expect it to last another 75,000 or more!

Mine has been a "Good One"
By Karen on 12/19/09 15:36 PM (PST)

2002 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When I first purchased the Vue, I was driving over 100 miles a day to and from work. I wanted something cheap and dependable. That was 6 years and over 100k miles ago. Besides the normal oil changes, tires, brakes and other normal maintenance, I have had to spend nothing for repairs. It's been a very good car and I hope it continues to be.

Never again
By Millner on 12/12/09 21:29 PM (PST)

2002 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

Will never buy this SUV again. I have owned several good quality automobiles, but the Saturn Vue turned out to be the nightmare of my life. Transmission has failed for the fourth time since I purchased this vehicle. Repairing it has not been helpful. This is the third winter I am riding the bus to work and still paying a note on this vehicle. The cost of the transmission is more than the vehicle is worth at this point and it seems like a bad investment anyway to pay that much for a transmission that has not been designed to hold up.

Glad that's over...
By Gregory on 11/19/09 16:03 PM (PST)

2002 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I hate to bash this car, it got me around for 'bout 7 years and over 100k, but: This cars been my rival the entire time- Pros: This thing is pretty safe. I have been in 3 notable accidents (most recently fatally colliding with a deer) which have left me completely safe and confused that my vehicle had collided with something! Cons- This whole car (Including critical engine components) is made of cheap plastic, prone to dissentegrate and collapse in dire, drastic and expensive ways. It's all hunky dory 'til your engine almost seizes or your shifter breaks, leaving you in 1st gear and 30miles from the nearest soul. Thanks, Saturn.