Used 2002 Saturn VUE SUV Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Saturn VUE SUV - Consumer Reviews

2002 Saturn VUE SUV

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

Has held up after many years & miles..
By Briana

2002 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car as a lemon in 2009 with about 85K miles on it. It is known to have transmission problems. The tranny dropped twice in the first year after I bought it but luckily that was before Saturn closed their dealerships. They pretty much fixed it for free which was nice. Since then the transmission has been working good and it is now at 140K miles. Somehow this car is still running with the very little amount of maintenance I've put into it. I upgraded the sound system and whoever installed it really messed up the AC, so that sucks. All in all this car has been through it all with me, my bad southern california freeway driving habits to my first child being born. I only paid $5K for the car and I am just very happy that I got my moneys worth out of it.

2002 Saturn vue 2.2 FWD
By Aaron Hayes

2002 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl CVT)

At 162000 miles i have to replace the cvt when goes first foreword gears then the reverse gear goes sounds tarable oh and i have a k&n filter on it

Dead Soldier
By boyinblue

2002 Saturn VUE SUV AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a Saturn 2002 VUE (V6) with about 100K on it for under $10K from a local dealership. The original owner put every bell and whistle on it.

No issues for the first 2 years and then the parade of issues started. I understand the SUV had 100K on it but what started happening should not necessarily be expected

The engine is horrible. It is my understanding that Saturn opted for a SAAB motor. I believe they has those engines until 2005. Nothing but issues. Leaking oil, burning oil, had gaskets replaced. Recently the 6th cylinder quit. We have sunk about $3500 to keep this car on the road. We should have dumped it within the first 3 years after purchase.

The heating system is horribly inadequate. Living in the cold north you either had to choose to defrost your windshield or heat the interior. The keeping the side windows frost free is a long process. The horn stuck on. Had to pull the fuse to shut the horn off. To fix it would require removing the airbag at a dealership for over $700. Only positive: The plastic sides. The vehicle still looks showroom new with very few scratches. DO NOT BY A USED SATURN 2002-2004 VUE.

Will hit 200K Next month
By uppity

2002 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a wonderful car. I've kept it well maintained so repairs have been minimal. Only things needing repair have been something related to the front end and a sensor of some kind. Repairs were so long ago I don't really remember. Have replaced brakes, battery and tires but I consider those part of maintenance. Still on the original exhaust system and clutch. Only redid the brakes once. I.can only hope my next car is this reliable.

Add my repair bills and I could have bought a Land Rover
By threeninety

2002 Saturn VUE SUV Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car new, since day one it's been a horrible money pit. Saturn found a way to get out of fixing anything under warrantee, I'm glad the brand is gone, GM shame on you. Sunroof has always leaked (I constantly am dealing with the drains), interior has always been moldy as a result. Fixed the transmission twice, in fact fixed just about everything twice. Car has stranded my wife and toddlers on several occasions. Worst car I have ever had, regret even buying any Saturn or modern day GM product. I'll never own a Honda or import, so I'll try Dodge and Ford. Whomever was on the staff designing this POS should go back to school, or design scooters.

nothing