Used 2002 Saturn VUE Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific VUE model:

Will hit 200K Next month
By uppity

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a wonderful car. I've kept it well maintained so repairs have been minimal. Only things needing repair have been something related to the front end and a sensor of some kind. Repairs were so long ago I don't really remember. Have replaced brakes, battery and tires but I consider those part of maintenance. Still on the original exhaust system and clutch. Only redid the brakes once. I.can only hope my next car is this reliable.

Add my repair bills and I could have bought a Land Rover
By threeninety

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car new, since day one it's been a horrible money pit. Saturn found a way to get out of fixing anything under warrantee, I'm glad the brand is gone, GM shame on you. Sunroof has always leaked (I constantly am dealing with the drains), interior has always been moldy as a result. Fixed the transmission twice, in fact fixed just about everything twice. Car has stranded my wife and toddlers on several occasions. Worst car I have ever had, regret even buying any Saturn or modern day GM product. I'll never own a Honda or import, so I'll try Dodge and Ford. Whomever was on the staff designing this POS should go back to school, or design scooters.

nothing

going out of business

Love the VUE
By David

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Had it now for 8 years and the only problems I had was the Body Control Module and the Stabilizer links. The dealership wanted $750.00 Canadian total to replace the module. However I ordered the part in the US and saved $350.00!

Roomy Very comfortable and excellent gas mileage, easy shifting

Steering wheel horn difficult to locate in quick situations, Front Pillar supports obstructs vision. Occasional front end rattling noise over bumps

Mine has been a "Good One"
By Karen

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When I first purchased the Vue, I was driving over 100 miles a day to and from work. I wanted something cheap and dependable. That was 6 years and over 100k miles ago. Besides the normal oil changes, tires, brakes and other normal maintenance, I have had to spend nothing for repairs. It's been a very good car and I hope it continues to be.

Plain, Comfortable and Roomy

Glad that's over...
By Gregory

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I hate to bash this car, it got me around for 'bout 7 years and over 100k, but: This cars been my rival the entire time- Pros: This thing is pretty safe. I have been in 3 notable accidents (most recently fatally colliding with a deer) which have left me completely safe and confused that my vehicle had collided with something! Cons- This whole car (Including critical engine components) is made of cheap plastic, prone to dissentegrate and collapse in dire, drastic and expensive ways. It's all hunky dory 'til your engine almost seizes or your shifter breaks, leaving you in 1st gear and 30miles from the nearest soul. Thanks, Saturn.

hmmm... the 3 visible elements of this care NOT made out of plastic seemed to hold up pretty well.

Less frail timing chains- proper wiring, not assemble stick-shifter with frail plastic, or door handles, or lights- oh and your standard-issue roofrack turns the car into a giant rapidly moving high-pitched constant whistle. I've never been so happy to visit a used car lot.