2002 Saturn VUE 2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2002 Saturn VUE - Consumer Reviews

Base 4dr SUV (2.2L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific VUE model:
Will hit 200K Next month
By uppity on 01/01/15 18:24 PM (PST)

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This has been a wonderful car. I've kept it well maintained so repairs have been minimal. Only things needing repair have been something related to the front end and a sensor of some kind. Repairs were so long ago I don't really remember. Have replaced brakes, battery and tires but I consider those part of maintenance. Still on the original exhaust system and clutch. Only redid the brakes once. I.can only hope my next car is this reliable.

Add my repair bills and I could have bought a Land Rover
By threeninety on 08/08/13 10:53 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car new, since day one it's been a horrible money pit. Saturn found a way to get out of fixing anything under warrantee, I'm glad the brand is gone, GM shame on you. Sunroof has always leaked (I constantly am dealing with the drains), interior has always been moldy as a result. Fixed the transmission twice, in fact fixed just about everything twice. Car has stranded my wife and toddlers on several occasions. Worst car I have ever had, regret even buying any Saturn or modern day GM product. I'll never own a Honda or import, so I'll try Dodge and Ford. Whomever was on the staff designing this POS should go back to school, or design scooters.

Love the VUE
By David on 08/22/10 16:00 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Had it now for 8 years and the only problems I had was the Body Control Module and the Stabilizer links. The dealership wanted $750.00 Canadian total to replace the module. However I ordered the part in the US and saved $350.00!

Mine has been a "Good One"
By Karen on 12/19/09 15:36 PM (PST)

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

When I first purchased the Vue, I was driving over 100 miles a day to and from work. I wanted something cheap and dependable. That was 6 years and over 100k miles ago. Besides the normal oil changes, tires, brakes and other normal maintenance, I have had to spend nothing for repairs. It's been a very good car and I hope it continues to be.

Glad that's over...
By Gregory on 11/19/09 16:03 PM (PST)

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I hate to bash this car, it got me around for 'bout 7 years and over 100k, but: This cars been my rival the entire time- Pros: This thing is pretty safe. I have been in 3 notable accidents (most recently fatally colliding with a deer) which have left me completely safe and confused that my vehicle had collided with something! Cons- This whole car (Including critical engine components) is made of cheap plastic, prone to dissentegrate and collapse in dire, drastic and expensive ways. It's all hunky dory 'til your engine almost seizes or your shifter breaks, leaving you in 1st gear and 30miles from the nearest soul. Thanks, Saturn.

Yes, I love my Saturn
By DM on 07/02/09 18:21 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Saturn. My Vue has 97,000 miles on it and has only had one expensive problem. Other than tires/oil changes/routine maintenance the only problems have been a leak around the front passenger door (fixed by Saturn easily) and currently the gas gauge has stopped registering correctly. I have driven hundreds of miles in a day and been comfortable all the way. I am still getting 29 mi/gal highway and decent mileage on in town driving.

It's been since 96 since i bout my 02 Vu
By Tie on 05/26/09 22:54 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have never had a major problems with my Vue since i bout it in 006. I just now noticed i need to replace my sway bar witch cost 300 at dealership to replace. But that is it. I am sure like all cars the older it gets the more worn it becomes but that is pretty good. No emergencys. I like my truck alot but i would love to get my hands on that Outlook.. I LOVE the one.

2002 Saturn Vue 4 cyl 5 speed reliable
By Jim on 05/05/08 05:22 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

At the ripe old age of 65 and having been involved with auto repairs and sales most all of those years I must say that the 2002' Saturn Vue 4 cylinder 5-speed manual is a great bargain. I have owned too many vehicles to count. At 120k miles it uses no oil and in the last 20k that we have owned it, 1-exhaust hanger is the only repair. It has had full synthetic oil since it was born. 5-speed shifter is a bit notchy but adequate.

My VUE is a POJ
By Vince on 11/15/07 10:58 AM (PST)

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have nothing but continued trouble with this vehicle from day 1 including ABS sensors, transmission issues along with many other small problems that seem to "popup" over the time I have owned the vehicle. I would not and will not ever recommend or own a Saturn or VUE again in my life.

Saturn VUE stability in question
By petnurse on 10/12/07 08:39 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn VUE Fwd 4dr SUV (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my Saturn VUE for 5 almost 6 years. I have had issues with stability on the highway on windy days and with potholes or uneven freeways. It almost rolled over once and that was very scary. I'm not a speedy driver either. I took it in and they adjusted the alignment and it helped somewhat but I've been scared to drive it ever since. I've also had issues with air conditioning fluid leaking onto my feet from the console. Have reported this several, several times and nothing was done about it. The tires are not good in the snow.