Used 2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid 4-speed Automatic - (17 reviews )

Hybrid Shamybrid
By no-ybrid

2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Ok, so here is the deal with any car, its like the lotto you have a very small chance of getting a lemon, and yes I guess I must have got one. Avg 20 MPG combined, with optimal settings per the book. Took to dealer service, they stated anything from 20-30 was ok, and that it could take up to 4K miles to break in the engine, bullony I read the whole manual and advised the service manager that per the manual it says if the car stands for 3 months it can cause major damage to the hybrid battery and, my car was sitting at the dealer lot for 8 months and only got 60 miles, so he agreed to replace it, we will see what happens, I hope this resolves the problem. waiting to see savings....

in my car performance stinks, interior is nice, and exterior look is nice, that's why we got it but this whole MPG thing has made all of the pros not look so great any more...

obviously Quality control is not top priority for Saturn, they need to check each hybrid system, and come up with a better computer system that can notify the user when something is wrong with the charging or battery output systems, per what I could gather its basically engine light when it fails...

so far so good
By tom m

2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Traded in my envoy to get this hybrid, and I am glad I did, getting 28 mpg around town, and over 32 on the highway, its pretty much a smooth, quiet ride, didn't really pay a premium for getting a hybrid, as Saturn was offering $3,000.00 off the msrp, in addition to other discounts. Very happy with the car

the mpg gauge(average, and instant), all four individual tire gauge, hands free phone, xm radio, super large glove box

better tires,,,,,,,,read some very bad reviews on the goodyear invicta tires that come with the vehicle

The "honeymoon" review
By bowmanspartan

2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

So far, the Vue Hybrid is a head- turner. A gorgeous car that is very comfortable to ride in. Quiet ride and a real gas-sipper (I got nearly 35 mpg on average with the cruise control on 75 and the AC on full-blast heading down I-94 here in MI). The performance is not bad (but I do sometimes miss my V6 Escape Limited), especially when you know how to use the electronic manual shift options. The car is pretty nimble at higher speeds (and if you need a boost, just drop the gear down). My only gripe is that the car doesn't really have much oomph 'off the line'. But it's a Hybrid, not a Maserati. I'm considering altering the intake to help with this, but for now it does just fine.

Styling. Interior and Exterior are gorgeous. Seems to be a very sturdy build, lots of room.

Stereo seems a bit underpowered, but nothing major. Steering can be squishy sometimes when you're in tight spots (car handles well, but seems like the wheel turns forever). Could use about +20hp at the wheels.

VUE Hybrid Better than expected
By Cloverp

2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I bought the VUE Hybrid 2 months ago and it has been a wonderful vehicle for me. Before I bought the VUE, I was worried about the engine power, but it has the same pickup as any 6 cylinder engine vehicle I have ever driven. The gas mileage is great. I average between 27 and 29mpg with stop and go country driving. On the highway with a full load of people, it will get above 30mpg easy. Lots of space for a smaller SUV. Drives extremely smooth. Very nice design.

I really like the way it looks and the gas mileage and the interior space.

A short person has trouble seeing out the back windows. Display controls need to be more accessible.

Best Value...
By B&NC

2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Went to Hybrid to save fuel and help America. Enjoy the Saturn VUE Hybrid, since it offers more in terms of other Hybrids. The workmanship of vehicle is outstanding, with pleasant comforts, and automatic features. Leather seats are comfortable, and hold the body in position. Great handling in steering, and great acceleration if needed, mileage has been outstanding at 34mpg highway on occasion 30 to 32 regularly, and average 27mpg city.

Feature liked best everything. Vehicle has been very well thought out.Love the automatic wipers which come on when windshield is getting rained on, automatic lights are a plus, heated seats are therapeutic, especially on long drives. The phone/On-Star system is clear and easy to use-hands free.

Concerned over no spare, but have On- Star, and road side service. My dealer put hydrogen gas in tires which will take more time to leak in the even I run over something. I would also like to see auto dim side view mirrors and rearview mirror, had that in the past and a great feature.