2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid 4-speed Automatic - (17 reviews )
First week of ownership
By graybeeker on 04/03/09 20:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

This is the first hybrid vehicle that I have owned. The vehicle has alot of plus's about it. But, for now I will only comment on a negative about the vehicle. After driving the vehicle for 3 days out of 7 we have an average of 11-13.5 mpg. That is with all the settings for the best fuel economy for this vehicle. We are not happy about the very low MPG. We are going to drive the usual amount next week and then recheck the MPG. There are good things about the vehicle. Easy to drive, comfort the driver and front passenger are very good. There is OnStar in the vehicle, XM Radio, and alot of other features. One more week to test it. If it does not measure up then back to the dealer.

Hybrid Battery Failure
By unhappy owner on 03/23/09 20:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I purchased the 2009 green-line hybrid VUE. What a mistake! I have owned the car for less than six months and the hybrid battery system has been replaced twice! The first failure came at 90 days after purchase, and now the second failure is 80 days after the first. My mileage has been only 18-20 city and 24 hgwy. Do not buy this car.

2009 Saturn Vue Hybrid
By spicoli on 02/18/09 19:14 PM (PST)

2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I purchased the vehicle in January 2009 and put 3500 on it during a three week period during a trip from Ohio to Florida with no problems whatsoever. Base model includes many extras and the five point chrome rims are a plus. Great exterior looks and styling make this vehicle very appealing. I am pleased with the vehicle thus far and really have no major complaints other than it seems like they have put a lower wattage stereo in the hybrid models. I have driven numerous rental cars with this same radio and they have all outperformed the version in the hybrid.

My Commuter Car
By Jim on 11/20/08 13:05 PM (PST)

2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Well I recently purchased my Vue hybbrid to help me lower my fuel costs. I have to drive 270 miles a day round trip for my job. I needed a vehicle that was roomy enough for me and woulld improve my mpg's. Most of my trip is on the highway. This vehicle has cut my fuel costs in half. I was getting about 14MPG in my Jeep GC and am now getting 31MPG in the vue hybrid. I live in the Catskill mountains of New York and have to drive down to the office in New Jersey. This vehicle has done well even in the mountains. I hope the vehicle will be reliable considering the high mileage I will be putting on it. About 1200 miles a week.

Saturn Vue Hybrid
By Mike on 11/11/08 17:45 PM (PST)

2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I needed a vehicle that could go camping and also would work in town and on the freeway. Some of the import hybrids were good in town, but felt strained on the freeway, and couldn't go on dirt roads. I get 28 MPG with 90% city driving and 30+ MPG on the freeway. Good engine that have variable cam timing and will rev to 6,900 if you need extra acceleration. Love the car. Like OnStar a lot.

Nice vehicle
By Jim C. on 10/06/08 14:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

GM includes nearly all options on the hybrid model. I added sunroof and leather seats. Nice looking inside and out. Comfortable to drive. Power from the 2.4L 4 cylinder engine is fine for everyday driving and results in the following gas mileage. 24~26mpg around town, 32~38mpg at 55mph, 29~30mpg at 70mph. Even though this is a gas sipping green car, I like the agressive styling including 17" chrome alloy rims. I have someone ask about it just about everytime I stop for gas, especially from owners of big SUVs.

Great vehicle
By Jim on 09/27/08 10:51 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Comfortable power for everyday driving, merging into highway traffic and pulling the usual highway uphill grades. My mileage : In town – 24 - 26 mpg 55 mile per hour highway – 37 mpg 65 mile per hour highway – 33 mpg. Styling is sharp inside and out. I like that even though this thing is a hybrid with low rolling resistance tires, GM still gave it sporty styling including sharp 17 inch alloy spoke wheels. Fully equiped, cruise, power everything, nice digital display for mileage, temperature, tire presssure, etc. It's a great vehicle, performs well. Love the engine start/stop mild hybrid system. Works smoothly, practical and low cost!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid in VA is:

$103 per month*