2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid 4-speed Automatic - (17 reviews )
Vue living up to mileage claims
By Mark on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I have over 40,000 miles on my 2009 Vue Hybrid. Absolutely no problems and I am averaging 28.6 mpg. I like the way it looks and rides. Too bad it is not being continued.

Disappointed Vue Driver
By rick on 07/21/10 03:56 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Purchased in the Cash For Clunkers program last summer. Looking for a reasonable choice in SUV's. Looking for decent mileage combined with utility. Vue is very good looking, receive frequent compliments. Mileage has never lived up to expectations. Blame pitiful 4 speed automatic. Can't keep up with interstate traffic or cruise any hills at speed. Constantly pushing it to downshift to stay with traffic. Should have waited for the 4cyl Equinox. Lost cell phone to a drink buried in the deep well cup holder. Sliding arm rest won't stay in forward. Front door won't stay open on incline. Considering getting out of ASAP, even if it means taking a loss. (Hybrid battery pack failed at 17,000 mi)

European Styling and Engineering
By Jack D. on 04/02/10 22:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Love the vehicle. First Hybrid. Work for Car Rental company. Tried Escape Hybrid, Altima Hybrid, Prius. Previous 03 VUE trade in. V-6, AWD. The suspension on these VUE`s is excellent, and it survives mileage. Alignment is important. Love the independent suspension design. Now, that Saturn is gone, will go to Chevy Equinox, or GMC Midsize SUV. Waiting on Hybrid and hope, AWD. Interior is eye catching, durable.

Hybrid System Questionable
By Mickey on 03/08/10 09:34 AM (PST)

2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I had a Honda Hybrid so I went with the supposed reliability of a Saturn Hybrid. The Service Hybrid light came on unexpectedly several months after buying it and hybrid system was not working.Took it to dealer and the Hybrid battery had a leak. Battery was replaced. Now 5 months later hybrid light back on and Red battery light came on, showing hybrid system not working and battery not charging at all. Other than long commutes on hwy, city driving mpg was poor at about 20- 21 mpg. Should be better. I now question the cars reliability?

Home run for Saturn!
By AstroGeek on 11/03/09 23:16 PM (PST)

2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

As this was my first Saturn and my first hybrid purchase, I did considerable research before finally buying. I knew to expect a pretty decent crossover, but this little Vue Hybrid has exceeded every expectation! Being German-born and raised, I appreciate the smart, no- nonsense, 'European' interior styling - no useless fluff or silly eye candy here. The exterior is truly gorgeous; it grabs your attention unlike earlier Vues or most competitive offerings. Mileage so far has been outstanding: 1900+ miles driven on 3 1/2 18-gallon tanks of gas! Stop-and-go city driving is returning 25-28 MPG and highway 38- 40. In fact, with cruise engaged at 65 MPH, I easily top 42 MPG on level roads. Bravo GM!

Hybrid Shamybrid
By no-ybrid on 09/18/09 05:25 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Ok, so here is the deal with any car, its like the lotto you have a very small chance of getting a lemon, and yes I guess I must have got one. Avg 20 MPG combined, with optimal settings per the book. Took to dealer service, they stated anything from 20-30 was ok, and that it could take up to 4K miles to break in the engine, bullony I read the whole manual and advised the service manager that per the manual it says if the car stands for 3 months it can cause major damage to the hybrid battery and, my car was sitting at the dealer lot for 8 months and only got 60 miles, so he agreed to replace it, we will see what happens, I hope this resolves the problem. waiting to see savings....

so far so good
By tom m on 09/08/09 06:55 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Traded in my envoy to get this hybrid, and I am glad I did, getting 28 mpg around town, and over 32 on the highway, its pretty much a smooth, quiet ride, didn't really pay a premium for getting a hybrid, as Saturn was offering $3,000.00 off the msrp, in addition to other discounts. Very happy with the car

The "honeymoon" review
By bowmanspartan on 06/24/09 07:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

So far, the Vue Hybrid is a head- turner. A gorgeous car that is very comfortable to ride in. Quiet ride and a real gas-sipper (I got nearly 35 mpg on average with the cruise control on 75 and the AC on full-blast heading down I-94 here in MI). The performance is not bad (but I do sometimes miss my V6 Escape Limited), especially when you know how to use the electronic manual shift options. The car is pretty nimble at higher speeds (and if you need a boost, just drop the gear down). My only gripe is that the car doesn't really have much oomph 'off the line'. But it's a Hybrid, not a Maserati. I'm considering altering the intake to help with this, but for now it does just fine.

VUE Hybrid Better than expected
By Cloverp on 05/19/09 06:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I bought the VUE Hybrid 2 months ago and it has been a wonderful vehicle for me. Before I bought the VUE, I was worried about the engine power, but it has the same pickup as any 6 cylinder engine vehicle I have ever driven. The gas mileage is great. I average between 27 and 29mpg with stop and go country driving. On the highway with a full load of people, it will get above 30mpg easy. Lots of space for a smaller SUV. Drives extremely smooth. Very nice design.

Best Value...
By B&NC on 04/30/09 17:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid SUV 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Went to Hybrid to save fuel and help America. Enjoy the Saturn VUE Hybrid, since it offers more in terms of other Hybrids. The workmanship of vehicle is outstanding, with pleasant comforts, and automatic features. Leather seats are comfortable, and hold the body in position. Great handling in steering, and great acceleration if needed, mileage has been outstanding at 34mpg highway on occasion 30 to 32 regularly, and average 27mpg city.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Saturn VUE Hybrid Suv in VA is:

$103 per month*