Used 2008 Saturn VUE Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Saturn VUE Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Green Line 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid 4-speed Automatic - (21 reviews )

Very good value for the money
By Richard

2008 Saturn VUE Hybrid Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I am pleased so far with my VUE, have had it for about 6 weeks. Real world mileage is 26+ around town and on two short trips averaged 31+. Very good for a 3800lbs vechile. For the price compared to other hybrids, it's a great deal, wish GM would extend this BAS technology to other vechiles in their line

OnStar, for directions. (now my wife cant yell at me) extending arm rest is also good, wish it was longer. Fit and finsih are very good.

Passenger side front door should have its own lock release, slightly rough ride on unimproved roads. Still have noise when i make left and right turns, dealer told me this is "suspension loading". Saturn should address it on their next build

Buyer Beware.In the shop since purchase.
By Erik

2008 Saturn VUE Hybrid Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I had my Vue for aout 4 weeks before it started acting up, rough idle, no start etc. I brought it to the shop 4 weeks ago, and they have resolved nothing (not to mention have no leads on the problem) as I drive around in a lender car that is full of dog pee/hair. Stay away from this product. It took the dealership 4 weeks to get the car to act up as had described. The most unreliable car on the road today. Buyer Beware! Also important to note, that thus far, Saturn/GM has taken no additional steps to remedy the situation. Telling me that this is why there is an initial purchase Warranty. I will never again step foot in or near this vehicle.

Exterior looks

Engine/Battery

I made the right choice for the times.
By Glad i bought.

2008 Saturn VUE Hybrid Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

With the price of fuel never to go back down, I traded my van for better mileage. I used it for extra room for the things that I needed to carry on weekends and such. I was looking for something with room, comfort, and better mileage, and found it with the Vue-Hybrid. Just drive one and you will be sold.

Ride is good, I think it is quiet, controls are easy to operate. The seats are fine for me, I am 5'7 with a bad back all has been great. XM and Onstar a big plus. I love the color Golden Cashmere and interior color. Crash test results a big plus, I think Saturn are putting safety first with this Vue.

I would also liked a moon roof, but I can live without it. Keep up the good works,and improvements. With gas going where it is and not stopping, increase the MPG. I am getting 28 with only 200 miles driven. t will get better and so will my driving habits.

Great Vehicle
By Mark

2008 Saturn VUE Hybrid Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Just picked up my new 2008 Vue Hybrid, it took 6 months from date of order. I drove a Ford Explorer before and the Vue is a big improvement in terms of mileage. (Just a touch smaller but works for me.)

The savings in terms of gas. Well equipped when purchased with optional equipment.

Vue Hybrid doesn't come with auto dimming rear view mirror.. even with all optional equipment. It should be available.

Love at first drive
By Dave

2008 Saturn VUE Hybrid Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

After researching minivans, SUV's and sedans for almost two years we decided to purchase a hybrid VUE. We had a Saturn SL2 before and decided to stick with Saturn for their customer service and reliability. Would have looked closer at a hybrid Hilander but they are very expensive. Came down to VUE and Escape hybrid and the VUE was a little cheaper. I love the outdoors and will always have a bigger four wheel drive for my hobbies that we can take the family on trips so we needed something a little bigger that we could fit a larger stroller and the dog for everyday driving but still get decent MPG. This vehicle fit all of our needs and we are expecting to get close to the same MPG as SL2

I really like the European feel to it. I think it drives really well. The engine can be a little sluggish if you slowly press on the gas pedal but if you stomp on it the electric motor kicks in and it takes off. I can usually chirp the tires. I like we get the same fuel economy as a sedan.

I am 6' and the seats do not support my long legs. I wish we could have gotten a sun roof like the '09's but not a deal breaker. Would have liked to have seen a nav system. Saturn needs to make more. Out of 5 dealers in area there were only four VUE's total. We put down $ to reserve one.