Used 2008 Saturn VUE Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Saturn Vue-hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2008 Saturn VUE Hybrid

Green Line 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid 4-speed Automatic - (21 reviews )

Depends on the driver
By Eric

2008 Saturn VUE Hybrid Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Not being a full hybrid getting good milage out of this car really depends on the driver and how much they drive. If your making infrequent short trips your looking at an average of 20-22MPG. The killer is not running 100% off electricity at lower speeds. This was a used 2008 I got for a steal (18,990 for hybrid with only 9000 miles and leather, sunroof, etc). The previous reading had 20.7MPG for the average. Probably why they sold it so quick. I cleared this and was at 30.1MPG myself by the time I got home (60 miles). That took work, my guess is 26-28MPG with my usual driving style. Thats definately not bad for a SUV and better than my 4cyl Altima which was around 24.8.

Favorite Features

Not VUE specific but these newer cars can do so much and look so nice. A lot of good change in just 3 years (coming from a 2005).

Suggested Improvements

HD Radio instead of XM. They already made the 2009 a full hybrid.

Saturn Vue Hybrid
By Saturn

2008 Saturn VUE Hybrid Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

We purchsed the Saturn Vue Hybrid in September of 2008 and love it!! Very comforable to drive---quiet interior. We are averaging 27 city and 33+ on the highway. We have 10k miles on it and no problems so far. One tip-- we got nitogen in the tires on the last oil change and it helped with fuel economy.

Favorite Features

Nice list of features---heated seats, rain sensing wipers, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Would like ro see a trailer hitch available for a bike rack.

not so thrilled
By 2008 VUE hybrid

2008 Saturn VUE Hybrid Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

i bought a 2008 vue hybrid in 9/08. The car is nice - trims and style are great but two standout issues so far. First it was the roof racks - there are none and no optin for the Vue Hybrid. Thule makes one but its $500 dollars and needs to be custom installed. Second, mileage - I've avg'd 23.3 MPG, that's the best so far driving everyday. Granted i drive a little fast and due to new locale often in a city mpg mode but even on long highway trips still avg the same mileage - just not worth it. Additonal draw backs - no AWD bad in winter/rain, transmission vibrations in cold start weather, lack of pickup by 4cyl. All said I tried us car and i'm going back to foreigns

Favorite Features

xm radio/onstar, controls on steering wheel, auto thermal controls, rain sensor wipers, easy fold down seats for large cargo loads

Suggested Improvements

stronger powerplant, AWD, sunroof wind deflector, truly better MPG

Fun chick magnet
By sutrucha

2008 Saturn VUE Hybrid Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I have my vue for 5 months, its great fun to drive and if you are single like me a chick magnet. people love the design and the burgandie color look just great, 100% recomended

Favorite Features

Design, exterior and interior sweet

Suggested Improvements

More cofortable Front sits

Excellent investment all around
By Sailor602

2008 Saturn VUE Hybrid Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I bought the hybrid Vue 6 months ago. Average 28 MPG city and 33 highway with a modest driving style.I keep tire pressure at 40 and get better mileage. I love the battery assist, engine shutoff at stop signs/lights, and load carrying capacity. Plenty of roominess in rear seats and in cargo area. I've let the XM subscription expire; there's enough good radio locally. Ride is very comfortable, handling is great. Front seats are comfy with good view/reach of all instruments.

Favorite Features

Love the two center arm rest storage sections, the iPod connection, rear seat back reclining adjustment, fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

HD radio, sunroof, & spare tire options. Removable cup holder for washability. Front seat position memory button. Coin holder is difficult to remove coins from.