2008 Saturn VUE Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Green Line 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid 4-speed Automatic - (21 reviews )
Very good value for the money
By Richard on 10/15/08 11:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Saturn VUE Hybrid Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I am pleased so far with my VUE, have had it for about 6 weeks. Real world mileage is 26+ around town and on two short trips averaged 31+. Very good for a 3800lbs vechile. For the price compared to other hybrids, it's a great deal, wish GM would extend this BAS technology to other vechiles in their line

Buyer Beware.In the shop since purchase.
By Erik on 08/17/08 18:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn VUE Hybrid Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I had my Vue for aout 4 weeks before it started acting up, rough idle, no start etc. I brought it to the shop 4 weeks ago, and they have resolved nothing (not to mention have no leads on the problem) as I drive around in a lender car that is full of dog pee/hair. Stay away from this product. It took the dealership 4 weeks to get the car to act up as had described. The most unreliable car on the road today. Buyer Beware! Also important to note, that thus far, Saturn/GM has taken no additional steps to remedy the situation. Telling me that this is why there is an initial purchase Warranty. I will never again step foot in or near this vehicle.

I made the right choice for the times.
By Glad i bought. on 07/04/08 07:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Saturn VUE Hybrid Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

With the price of fuel never to go back down, I traded my van for better mileage. I used it for extra room for the things that I needed to carry on weekends and such. I was looking for something with room, comfort, and better mileage, and found it with the Vue-Hybrid. Just drive one and you will be sold.

Great Vehicle
By Mark on 06/13/08 15:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn VUE Hybrid Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Just picked up my new 2008 Vue Hybrid, it took 6 months from date of order. I drove a Ford Explorer before and the Vue is a big improvement in terms of mileage. (Just a touch smaller but works for me.)

Love at first drive
By Dave on 05/25/08 04:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Saturn VUE Hybrid Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

After researching minivans, SUV's and sedans for almost two years we decided to purchase a hybrid VUE. We had a Saturn SL2 before and decided to stick with Saturn for their customer service and reliability. Would have looked closer at a hybrid Hilander but they are very expensive. Came down to VUE and Escape hybrid and the VUE was a little cheaper. I love the outdoors and will always have a bigger four wheel drive for my hobbies that we can take the family on trips so we needed something a little bigger that we could fit a larger stroller and the dog for everyday driving but still get decent MPG. This vehicle fit all of our needs and we are expecting to get close to the same MPG as SL2

Very Satisfied
By Green is Good on 05/14/08 07:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Saturn VUE Hybrid Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Overall I'm very satisfied with the vehicle. I originally wanted to buy a full hybrid instead of this mild hybrid but it was the only US made hybrid that was available. I'm now glad I got this because for the money its a better deal. I'm all for the environment but if you need a vehicle now this is the SUV with the highest highway mileage available period. When the next generation comes out and gets 70 mpg I'll be all over it. But that will be a couple of years.

I love it!
By Sue in NJ on 04/29/08 04:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Saturn VUE Hybrid Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I researched hybrids for months, looked for a Mazda Tribute/Ford Escape hybrid, couldn't find one, and bought a Vue instead. I like firm seating & back support, so the Vue's seats are comfortable. The driver's seat 8 way adjustments & support are perfect for me (5'6") and my husband (6'2"). The Vue is quiet, has a smooth ride, and controls are conveniently located. There's a perfect spot on the dash for my beanbag GPS mounting unit, and we easliy located my EZ-Pass transmitter so that I can't see it. Gas mileage has been good, and, in light of gas prices, this was the smartest purchase I could have made. I drove a Tribute AWD for almost 5 years, and liked it, but the Vue is much better!

Nice Vehicle
By Kevin on 04/28/08 16:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn VUE Hybrid Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

Purchased for wife after typically driving more expensive vehicles (BMW's) and never setting foot in a Saturn dealership. The new Saturn styling is much more appealing then previous models. We inquired about the avail of the hybrid the day the Charlotte dealership had 3 arrive with 2 already sold. Definitely impressed with the interior and exterior look and feel. I guess I was expecting a lesser product. Unlike other hybrids, the addt'l expense seemed nominal for the economy trade-off and the cool "hybrid" badges. The vehicle has a nice, tight feel to it and handles nicely. Acceleration has a lot to be desired but probably in line with what you should expect from this size engine

Finally
By Doris Healy on 04/14/08 06:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Saturn VUE Hybrid Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

We spent several months researching and decided on the Vue. The vehilce is tight and rides very well (not too soft nor to stiff). Fit and finish are very good. Interior layout very convenient. We drive the Chesapeake Bay Bridge (under repair) and the Vue is very smooth. Shifting is smooth and quick enough for our liking. Initial gas mileage appears as advertised. Fold down seats are easy to operate.

The greatest uncomfortable car made
By Ben on 04/05/08 04:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Saturn VUE Hybrid Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

I love the style and the performance. But the seats are made for persons of small body types. I am 5-11 inches and weigh 250lbs. The seats are just not comfortable. The dealer says there are no other seats available to switch to. All Saturns have the same seat with different upholstery. I am looking to trade it off. What good is performance if you can't get comfortable enough to enjoy the ride.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.