2008 Saturn VUE Hybrid SUV - Consumer Reviews

Green Line 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid 4-speed Automatic - (21 reviews )
Unhappy that the Dealership did not tell me about the recall on the battery
By angela052105 on 02/12/11 21:34 PM (PST)

2008 Saturn VUE Hybrid SUV Green Line 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 4A)

We bought this vehicle 2 days ago. Everything seems fine FOR NOW. Except who knows what is going to happen in the future. We purchased this SUV thinking we were going to be very happy and have no problems. Come to find out that there is a recall on the battery in this vehicle and NO ONE TOLD US, if we would have known, we would not have bought this car . I believe that we should have been told. We just have to wait 4-6 weeks before this problem gets fixed. Needless to say we will never deal with Saturns again and we will never buy anything at another Hyundai dealership again. Hopefully, some how things will get fixed and we'll get to keep this vehicle for a long time, but who knows.

We Love It
By Vespa2t on 08/19/10 06:14 AM (PDT)

Have had this one for 2 years and still love it. We had a 2007 standard Vue with manual transmission and this one gets 5mpg better in the city than our old one even though it weighs 800 lbs more, and it is leaps and bounds nicer inside and out over the 1st Gen Vue. The best part of it is the exterior styling. We get asked by people all the time if its a Lexus. In black its really good looking. Only problem we have had is a bad suspension bushing, which was replaced under warranty.

Good but traded in
By dmb on 06/14/10 05:49 AM (PDT)

My driving experience was good with this vehicle, but the ownership experience was not. We bought this vehicle based on past experience we had with Saturn. Then gm got rid of Saturn, but promised to service our vehicle. Since it was a hybrid we were skeptical but were willing to see. At 27k the service lights came on and the local gm dealership said it was the battery but there were none in the us. A week and a half later we still don't have our vue back. When we get it back we will be trading it in and never buying another gm product.

18 months and counting
By phily on 11/25/09 21:53 PM (PST)

We've found the Greenline to be the vehicle we expected and more. It is my wife's vehicle and she drives it like she would any other car. Certainly not optimizing mileage yet our avg mpg is 27. I keep to tire pressure around the maximum 50psi for optimum tire roll. We've also traveled 2000 vacationing recently and it performed admirable.

It's a LEMON! No Joke!
By jimmy on 10/06/09 21:39 PM (PDT)

16K miles in and it's my 4th trip to the dealership to the address the Fuel Economy issue. A hybrid that can't get more than 18 MPG in the city???!!! It's a Joke! Here is why... GM Hybrid technology is faulty. Ford got theirs from Toyota and the Escape gets 30 MPG (my neighbor has one) that's not a Joke. Maybe it's because it's a Mild Hybrid and GM never got to the full hybrid or plug in as expected.

Depends on the driver
By Eric on 10/03/09 05:52 AM (PDT)

Not being a full hybrid getting good milage out of this car really depends on the driver and how much they drive. If your making infrequent short trips your looking at an average of 20-22MPG. The killer is not running 100% off electricity at lower speeds. This was a used 2008 I got for a steal (18,990 for hybrid with only 9000 miles and leather, sunroof, etc). The previous reading had 20.7MPG for the average. Probably why they sold it so quick. I cleared this and was at 30.1MPG myself by the time I got home (60 miles). That took work, my guess is 26-28MPG with my usual driving style. Thats definately not bad for a SUV and better than my 4cyl Altima which was around 24.8.

Saturn Vue Hybrid
By Saturn on 06/06/09 09:20 AM (PDT)

We purchsed the Saturn Vue Hybrid in September of 2008 and love it!! Very comforable to drive---quiet interior. We are averaging 27 city and 33+ on the highway. We have 10k miles on it and no problems so far. One tip-- we got nitogen in the tires on the last oil change and it helped with fuel economy.

not so thrilled
By 2008 VUE hybrid on 05/09/09 12:41 PM (PDT)

i bought a 2008 vue hybrid in 9/08. The car is nice - trims and style are great but two standout issues so far. First it was the roof racks - there are none and no optin for the Vue Hybrid. Thule makes one but its $500 dollars and needs to be custom installed. Second, mileage - I've avg'd 23.3 MPG, that's the best so far driving everyday. Granted i drive a little fast and due to new locale often in a city mpg mode but even on long highway trips still avg the same mileage - just not worth it. Additonal draw backs - no AWD bad in winter/rain, transmission vibrations in cold start weather, lack of pickup by 4cyl. All said I tried us car and i'm going back to foreigns

Fun chick magnet
By sutrucha on 02/11/09 18:13 PM (PST)

I have my vue for 5 months, its great fun to drive and if you are single like me a chick magnet. people love the design and the burgandie color look just great, 100% recomended

Excellent investment all around
By Sailor602 on 11/16/08 03:09 AM (PST)

I bought the hybrid Vue 6 months ago. Average 28 MPG city and 33 highway with a modest driving style.I keep tire pressure at 40 and get better mileage. I love the battery assist, engine shutoff at stop signs/lights, and load carrying capacity. Plenty of roominess in rear seats and in cargo area. I've let the XM subscription expire; there's enough good radio locally. Ride is very comfortable, handling is great. Front seats are comfy with good view/reach of all instruments.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.