Used 2009 Saturn Sky Red Line Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Saturn Sky - Consumer Reviews

Red Line 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (8 reviews )

Great roadster with pzazz
By M LeVan

2009 Saturn Sky Red Line Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Yes - It's an Orphan now!.. Too bad GM wasn't able to keep Saturn viable - So now The Sky is a collector car, and an exciting one at that. Sure, the interior and dash are plasticy, and there's hardly a place for sunglasses or 2 cups of Starbucks, but my God what a looker!..I knew the the top action was a little Rube Goldberg and the trunk is almost non-existent. But, after I drove one and checked it out, Wow! Plenty of grunt, nice quick steering, firm, sporting suspension- exhaust note a little timid, but sounds nice when you can hear it. And that styling..This is balls out the greatest. I owned a bunch of notable and not so notable cars. Raced some of them at Watkins Glen and Lime Rock.

Favorite Features

STYLE - PERFORMANCE - PRICE

Suggested Improvements

Too Late now!.. but better interior materials and planning.

Lovin' it
By Matt

2009 Saturn Sky Red Line Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought my Ruby Red Redline for my 40th birthday 3 months ago and have put about 1600 miles on it so far. I will be putting it away in the winter months. Gas milage is around 30 mpg - not much different than my 2007 Honda Accord v4. Top operation is not so tough as some suggest - I can put the top up and down while sitting in the driver's seat - still have to get out to close the trunk and lock the buttresses - but well worth the effort. Took the wife on a weekend trip and had plenty of trunk space with top down - just need to pack carefully. Gets lots of attention.

Favorite Features

My son said it best when I asked him what he thinks - he said -"It pushes me back in my seat."

Suggested Improvements

I will be improving the car with the 290 hp upgrade from GM soon along with a number of other mods already installed (second horn - HID headlights - etc) see SkyRoadser.com for lots of info on what people do with this awesome car.

Great Ride!
By Lonnie Cardinal

2009 Saturn Sky Red Line Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We just got back from a 1500 mile road trip, absolutely no problems. I am six feet tall and there is ample room for me to drive in comfort. I also have a '63 Jaguar XKE roadster, and a '93 Miata, both of which are in very good condition, but the Sky will outperform either of them and do it in more comfort. The Sky attracts as much attention as either of the other two cars, and that says a lot ! Love the aceleration, and the car gets consistently better fuel mileage than the factory estimates. (30to 32 MPG) and handles like it is on rails. I am very satisfied with the automobile.

Favorite Features

Styling is great. Love the performance. Excellent fuel mileage

Suggested Improvements

Needs a passenger side vanity mirror. And for thirty grand, it should have something other than a Mo-ped horn! One more cup holder would be nice

Excellent value roadster
By Ron

2009 Saturn Sky Red Line Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Overall the Sky has excellent performance and a good value for the price. Some of the other convertibles I test drove had large blind spots when the top is up and I felt the Sky was better than others in this regard (face it, you're going to have to have top up sometimes). Highway mileage has been better than EPA estimates. The Sky Red Line is a blast to drive.

Favorite Features

Great acceleration in the Red Line version, seems like its glued to the road, short throw shifter.

Suggested Improvements

The interior plastics on the dash and top of doors look cheap compared to other convertibles. Convertible top is cumbersome to put up/down; if the top could be motorized (like the 350z) that would be a huge improvement.

Love this car
By dcfvaxman

2009 Saturn Sky Red Line Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I love driving this car. I got a comment today from another driver that pulled up next to me. He said, what is that thing. He couldn't take his eyes off of it. Mine is a bright yellow which is a real eye catcher. A design flaw is that not enough tolerance was designed between the engine hood and the open driver's door. If you shut the hood with the door open, that will hit and chip off the paint.

Favorite Features

The acceleration of the red line and the stylish appearance of the exterior.

Suggested Improvements

My wife would reall have liked a power top. It is a pain to raise and lower if you are used to a power convertible. Need more than one cup holder. Trunk is way too small but we knew that when we purchased.