2009 Saturn Sky - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sky model:
My Sky 2009
By kathnrich on 06/26/14 04:37 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Sky Red Line Hydro Blue Ltd Ed 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We drove this vehicle home from a 200 mile trip. It is entirely delightful! Plenty of punch with the turbo. No issue at all with the top!, none.,1,2,3. Reviews on the top, putting it up or down are stupid. It's a sports car, it's small. Trunk space is another very stupid comment, It's a sports car, it's small!! Buy a [non-permissible content removed] full size car if you want trunk space and want to take the beach chairs, large bags on vacation. That's why I have a Suburban!!Very fun car to drive and look at. My ONLY complaint is the window controls and where they are located. We have the automatic and love it.

I would buy again.
By nonnysky on 11/12/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Saturn Sky 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Willingly bought this car. Any complaints by owners are moot. Problem is unions killed the deal with Penske. This car deserved to be developed. I love mine, park it in winter, and embarrass Mustang owners often. You must be careful at speed and pay attention to the tach. Don't let anyone tell you the Mazda Lotus knockoff is a better car. I plan on buying 1 or 2 more, looking for a Solstice Coupe' also.

Love my SKY
By Loving IT on 10/28/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Sky 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. I bought this used with 8030 miles on it. The Sky is a great sports car, fun to drive and people just stare when you pass them on the road. The trunk space is fine, it is a small sports car. Why didn't Saturn advertise this car more? GM should pick up the Sky and keep making more of this model. Gas mileage is great, top is easy to put up and down, just a great little sexy car for a grandma who is turning 60. Find one, buy one.

My Baby
By Magee74 on 03/10/10 13:34 PM (PST)

2009 Saturn Sky 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have wanted a Saturn Sky since they first were placed on the showroom floor. Once I was on my own with no need for the SUV, I gave in and purchased one. Silver pearl with the premium package, convertible. It certainly turns heads and is fun to drive. I love the car. My only complaint is that there is very little trunk space. The top is manual but not difficult to put up and down by yourself.

sky09 roadster
By luvmy09sky on 03/08/10 19:03 PM (PST)

2009 Saturn Sky 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Wow, I got my Roadster on the last day of 2009, brand new. I love the way it handles.The interior is 2tone red and black, i love it! When i drive it, everyone see's me. It's an eye catcher.

Great roadster with pzazz
By M LeVan on 01/25/10 12:50 PM (PST)

2009 Saturn Sky Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Yes - It's an Orphan now!.. Too bad GM wasn't able to keep Saturn viable - So now The Sky is a collector car, and an exciting one at that. Sure, the interior and dash are plasticy, and there's hardly a place for sunglasses or 2 cups of Starbucks, but my God what a looker!..I knew the the top action was a little Rube Goldberg and the trunk is almost non-existent. But, after I drove one and checked it out, Wow! Plenty of grunt, nice quick steering, firm, sporting suspension- exhaust note a little timid, but sounds nice when you can hear it. And that styling..This is balls out the greatest. I owned a bunch of notable and not so notable cars. Raced some of them at Watkins Glen and Lime Rock.

A Future Classic
By Roadster 2.4 on 01/21/10 12:59 PM (PST)

2009 Saturn Sky 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Roadster is a fantastic car. I beleive that this car was never build as a Sports Car it was built to be 'Sporty' and it does it extremely well. I can honestly say that driving the Roadster brings a smile to my face and makes me feel good. I do not need a car that does a million miles an hour, I like a car that not only is well built and reliable but also looks good (I admit it) the Roadster fits the bill and more. If you can find one buy it! if you have one, keep it!

Fun ride
By stas on 07/31/09 13:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Sky Red Line Ruby Red SE 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This has been an outstanding and fun car. Great toy with an incredible amount of compliments. Truly an incredible empty nest vehicle.

Turbo"nized" Toenail Trimming
By DocB on 07/17/09 06:20 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Sky Red Line Ruby Red SE 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

We reviewed several kinds of two seat roadsters before deciding on the slick looking, turbo charged Saturn Redline Sky. SHARP! Coupled with a new IPod and some appropriate ZOOM ZOOM music, we have thoroughly enjoyed evening cruises. With GREAT gas milage too! While not our main source of enjoyment - you can't help but notice (and HEAR) the repeated ongoing attentions of others - some mistake it for a Corvette due to front end styling - but for 20,000 grand less? Why not? It's a great, fun car.

Lovin' it
By Matt on 05/22/09 11:52 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Sky Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Bought my Ruby Red Redline for my 40th birthday 3 months ago and have put about 1600 miles on it so far. I will be putting it away in the winter months. Gas milage is around 30 mpg - not much different than my 2007 Honda Accord v4. Top operation is not so tough as some suggest - I can put the top up and down while sitting in the driver's seat - still have to get out to close the trunk and lock the buttresses - but well worth the effort. Took the wife on a weekend trip and had plenty of trunk space with top down - just need to pack carefully. Gets lots of attention.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Saturn Sky in VA is:

$136 per month*