2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Consumer Reviews

Red Line 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (22 reviews )
Midlife Crisis
By Anonymous on 12/07/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my second Sky, I owned a base model which was no. 850 off the Saturn line. I love the car and the only bad points are lack of storage space and ease of entry and exit, that's it. Good points, styling, handling, ride, yes ride it rides better than my 2004 Acura TL, ask my brother. Reliability, well don't have enough miles to judge that just yet but my first Sky only had a small differential leak recall (mine was not leaking but repaired under warranty) that's it. My current Redline only has had the door latches replaced under warranty. Saturn actually came out with a new design. No squeaks or rattles and quiet for a convertible. Pack lite, stay flexible, highly recommended.

Now it's a fun car
By JerryR. on 06/02/10 17:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The Red Line Turbo a cool car for the price but at 260 horsepower not as quick as I wanted it but with the GM boost package at $758. installed the power went to 290 and no lag from the turbo and now a fun car to drive. One problem I have a rattle in the dash area that no one can seem to correct and it's driving me crazy. Need more luggage room so I'm looking at a removal luggage rack suggested by one of the reviews. My little red sports car now at almost 300 horsepower is a fun car to drive.

Love our Sky REDLINE
By Bill and Claudia on 01/31/10 15:25 PM (PST)

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After searching for a fun car to enjoy on weekends & short trips we found our Sky.The original owner traded it in 10 months after purchasing it on impulse, car had 4300 miles on odometer and still had new car smell.On our first weekend drive to Fl. Keys we knew our Sky was the right choice, Great performance & handling.After a few months we had a Magnaflow exhaust system installed"WOW"it was music to my ears,then a stainless steel Bullit mesh grille on the front end.The GM cold air intake will not void warranty so that will be next upgrade.Our Sky is going to be a very special collector car now that Saturn is gone, so sad the possibility of a V6 with 300HP is only a dream now.I Love my SKY!

Great to Drive but failure in warranty
By Bonnieb4 on 09/18/09 18:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car does turn heads everywhere I go. Kids walking to school give me a thumbs up. People stop me to ask about the car... still! The handling in the mountains is awesome. It corners with plenty of power, no need to downshift with this machine.

Great Performance and Fun in a Looker
By JP on 02/21/09 08:23 AM (PST)

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a great car to drive. It's fun and delivers on performance, both in acceleration as well as grip and suspension on the twisties. And it looks like a million bucks. After a year and half on the road, I still get shouts of "nice car" or thumbs up from pedestrians and drivers alike. Like any roadster, it does have its blemishes here and there. So if you demand high end fit and finish, take a long look before you buy. But if your main focus is performance, fun, and looks, this is a perfect 10. I dare say you will not find a better roadster on the market today in this price range.

Wonderful Sky RL
By agm226 on 01/11/09 15:19 PM (PST)

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

What a great car! Fun to drive and look at. People always ask what kind of car it is! Bought special Sky luggage that fits perfect in trunk. Not a lot of room inside but geez it's a convertible! Want more room? Buy a bigger car! Bought saddle bag to hold the little extras. Absolutely love everything about the car! Even the manual top!

Owner review of 2008 Sky Redline
By Longmont-sky on 11/10/08 06:43 AM (PST)

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is very fun to drive! Has great acceleration and reminds of "space mountain" at Disney world. Handling and cornering are incredible. Who says you need to slow down when going around a 90 degree corner! Pretty good gas mileage as well. I can get 33mpg on the highway and in the city I would say 24-25mpg if you're not too much of a lead foot.

LIGHTNG (my Lic Plate)
By BJ on 10/15/08 23:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Remember "Lighting McQueen from the movie "Cars?" Well that's what my little red roadster reminds me of! I saw a black Sky in a parking lot & was one of those people who chased it down to see what it was! 4 months later I drove my Red/Redline off the lot! I love it! Very fun to drive! The body style is awesome. It turned my head! The performance is great even in the mountains!

Great car
By Lou on 09/16/08 09:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The Red Line is a blast to drive. The styling is great and it handles like a dream. I am not looking forward to the day I have to put in the garage for the winter! I had a choice to invest some more money in stocks or to buy some fun. Given what is happening on Wall Street, looks like I made the right choice.

Next to my Vette it's a fun ride
By Dale on 07/12/08 19:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I tried both the base engine and the turbo and the difference was very pronounced. My 64 Vette 327-365 HP 4 speed is a fun ride but my 73 year old left leg is getting weak. The automatic in the Sky is plenty fast and the old leg is quite comfortable. Top up or down this little baby is as fun to drive as my other baby a 1949 MG TC which is a 4 speed. To complete my passion for neat cars I have a 2002 Trans Am convertible with an automatic just as a backup. The Sky is a perfect runabout vehicle and the future is here. Side mirrors are questionable and the lack of a decent console storage box is apparent but I'll just get used to it. Great car Saturn and it really draws looks from the Solstice

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.