Used 2008 Saturn Sky Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Saturn Sky - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sky model:

Midlife Crisis
By Anonymous

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my second Sky, I owned a base model which was no. 850 off the Saturn line. I love the car and the only bad points are lack of storage space and ease of entry and exit, that's it. Good points, styling, handling, ride, yes ride it rides better than my 2004 Acura TL, ask my brother. Reliability, well don't have enough miles to judge that just yet but my first Sky only had a small differential leak recall (mine was not leaking but repaired under warranty) that's it. My current Redline only has had the door latches replaced under warranty. Saturn actually came out with a new design. No squeaks or rattles and quiet for a convertible. Pack lite, stay flexible, highly recommended.

Just the way it looks. Everywhere I go it turns heads and people stare. My friends have high priced sports cars and they do not get the attention the Sky gets.

More storage space.

Now it's a fun car
By JerryR.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The Red Line Turbo a cool car for the price but at 260 horsepower not as quick as I wanted it but with the GM boost package at $758. installed the power went to 290 and no lag from the turbo and now a fun car to drive. One problem I have a rattle in the dash area that no one can seem to correct and it's driving me crazy. Need more luggage room so I'm looking at a removal luggage rack suggested by one of the reviews. My little red sports car now at almost 300 horsepower is a fun car to drive.

The looks of the car. I get lots of looks and surprise when I tell them that it's a Saturn.

Pouches on the side of the doors. More power Would love to see what 350 or even 400 horses would do for the car. More luggage room of course.

Love our Sky REDLINE
By Bill and Claudia

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After searching for a fun car to enjoy on weekends & short trips we found our Sky.The original owner traded it in 10 months after purchasing it on impulse, car had 4300 miles on odometer and still had new car smell.On our first weekend drive to Fl. Keys we knew our Sky was the right choice, Great performance & handling.After a few months we had a Magnaflow exhaust system installed"WOW"it was music to my ears,then a stainless steel Bullit mesh grille on the front end.The GM cold air intake will not void warranty so that will be next upgrade.Our Sky is going to be a very special collector car now that Saturn is gone, so sad the possibility of a V6 with 300HP is only a dream now.I Love my SKY!

Monsoon Stereo,Turbocharged Redline engine, Chrome 18" wheels, chrome accents on brake&gas pedals.

Goodyear RUN FLAT Tires, Magnaflow Exhaust system, GM factory cold air intake system, Stainless steel Bullett grille.

Great looking car-Faulty parts
By drmechem

2008 Saturn Sky Carbon Flash SE 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love the way the car looks, turns alot of heads and gets alot of compliments.

body style is awsome!

Have had top replaced due to pass.window fraying edge of top, now replacement top does not fit correctly and looks wrinkled and leaks above dr. door. A/C makes horrible rattle/howling sound and dealership cannot correct the problem.It has been in shop for a/c noise 5 times. The a/c noise is annoying

The Sky is The Limit
By Mike7642

2008 Saturn Sky Carbon Flash SE 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Saturn has built one fine little roadster. It doesnt just look awesome, but handles like a true sports car. The Sky handles turns with amazing performance and powers out of them with ease. Its big wide tires stick to pavement like glue. Once in the cockpit, you cant help but smile. One drawback, there is no luggage space for a really good road trip.

Killer styling that turns heads.

More luggage space, but this could ruin the near perfect 50/50 weight ratio that makes performance so awesome.