2008 Saturn Sky - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sky model:
Midlife Crisis
By Anonymous on 12/07/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my second Sky, I owned a base model which was no. 850 off the Saturn line. I love the car and the only bad points are lack of storage space and ease of entry and exit, that's it. Good points, styling, handling, ride, yes ride it rides better than my 2004 Acura TL, ask my brother. Reliability, well don't have enough miles to judge that just yet but my first Sky only had a small differential leak recall (mine was not leaking but repaired under warranty) that's it. My current Redline only has had the door latches replaced under warranty. Saturn actually came out with a new design. No squeaks or rattles and quiet for a convertible. Pack lite, stay flexible, highly recommended.

Now it's a fun car
By JerryR. on 06/02/10 17:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

The Red Line Turbo a cool car for the price but at 260 horsepower not as quick as I wanted it but with the GM boost package at $758. installed the power went to 290 and no lag from the turbo and now a fun car to drive. One problem I have a rattle in the dash area that no one can seem to correct and it's driving me crazy. Need more luggage room so I'm looking at a removal luggage rack suggested by one of the reviews. My little red sports car now at almost 300 horsepower is a fun car to drive.

Love our Sky REDLINE
By Bill and Claudia on 01/31/10 15:25 PM (PST)

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

After searching for a fun car to enjoy on weekends & short trips we found our Sky.The original owner traded it in 10 months after purchasing it on impulse, car had 4300 miles on odometer and still had new car smell.On our first weekend drive to Fl. Keys we knew our Sky was the right choice, Great performance & handling.After a few months we had a Magnaflow exhaust system installed"WOW"it was music to my ears,then a stainless steel Bullit mesh grille on the front end.The GM cold air intake will not void warranty so that will be next upgrade.Our Sky is going to be a very special collector car now that Saturn is gone, so sad the possibility of a V6 with 300HP is only a dream now.I Love my SKY!

Great looking car-Faulty parts
By drmechem on 01/14/10 11:46 AM (PST)

2008 Saturn Sky Carbon Flash SE 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love the way the car looks, turns alot of heads and gets alot of compliments.

The Sky is The Limit
By Mike7642 on 11/03/09 18:47 PM (PST)

2008 Saturn Sky Carbon Flash SE 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Saturn has built one fine little roadster. It doesnt just look awesome, but handles like a true sports car. The Sky handles turns with amazing performance and powers out of them with ease. Its big wide tires stick to pavement like glue. Once in the cockpit, you cant help but smile. One drawback, there is no luggage space for a really good road trip.

Great to Drive but failure in warranty
By Bonnieb4 on 09/18/09 18:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car does turn heads everywhere I go. Kids walking to school give me a thumbs up. People stop me to ask about the car... still! The handling in the mountains is awesome. It corners with plenty of power, no need to downshift with this machine.

18 months, still a blast
By lahilljr on 08/01/09 14:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line Carbon Flash SE 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have been very pleased with my '08 Red Line Carbon Flash SE Automatic. 260 hp & ft/lbs torque in a car less than 2900 pounds that is sexy in black on black leather and lots of chrome equals a smile on my face and everyone that looks at it. I have no commute so the miles stay very low (only 6800 in 18 months)and I use it primarily to bop around our small Florida community. Decent gas mileage too, probably 20 mpg or so overall. For what I use it for it's perfect, just don't get one if you expect to fit more than one other person and a small overnight bag!

Great Performance and Fun in a Looker
By JP on 02/21/09 08:23 AM (PST)

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This is a great car to drive. It's fun and delivers on performance, both in acceleration as well as grip and suspension on the twisties. And it looks like a million bucks. After a year and half on the road, I still get shouts of "nice car" or thumbs up from pedestrians and drivers alike. Like any roadster, it does have its blemishes here and there. So if you demand high end fit and finish, take a long look before you buy. But if your main focus is performance, fun, and looks, this is a perfect 10. I dare say you will not find a better roadster on the market today in this price range.

Wonderful Sky RL
By agm226 on 01/11/09 15:19 PM (PST)

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

What a great car! Fun to drive and look at. People always ask what kind of car it is! Bought special Sky luggage that fits perfect in trunk. Not a lot of room inside but geez it's a convertible! Want more room? Buy a bigger car! Bought saddle bag to hold the little extras. Absolutely love everything about the car! Even the manual top!

Owner review of 2008 Sky Redline
By Longmont-sky on 11/10/08 06:43 AM (PST)

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is very fun to drive! Has great acceleration and reminds of "space mountain" at Disney world. Handling and cornering are incredible. Who says you need to slow down when going around a 90 degree corner! Pretty good gas mileage as well. I can get 33mpg on the highway and in the city I would say 24-25mpg if you're not too much of a lead foot.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.