Used 2007 Saturn Sky Red Line Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Saturn Sky Red Line - Consumer Reviews

2007 Saturn Sky Red Line

Red Line 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (35 reviews )

Stop Debating. Buy one.
By WiscoShibby

2007 Saturn Sky Red Line Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I owned one, drove it for 25,000 miles, sold it for some extra cash to put down on a house. Already looking for another one. You can go pay twice as much for an S2000 or go ahead and get an underpowered Miata but what's the point? A Sky Redline with a $300 Trifecta Tune is easily the best performance car you can get for your money. Less than 3,000lbs, near perfect 50/50 weight distribution and over 300hp/350lbs of torque (With the previously mentioned tune) will put you into C6 Corvette range while getting close to 30MPG. Not to mention cheap insurance costs, easy and inexpensive to maintain (the 2.0 turbo motor is still being thrown into most current GM models today, parts are everywhere, stop crying about Saturn being dead). The top takes literally 4 seconds to put down, I don't understand why people complain about it so much. The interior could be slightly better quality (less plastic) but it looks good and honestly, you'll have so much fun driving it you wont care. The trunk space isn't great, but if that really mattered you wouldn't be looking at a roadster right now anyway. There are luggage racks you can mount on the trunk (temporarily) for longer trips which work just fine. Honestly though, my favorite part about the car is that you rarely see them anywhere. I cant go anywhere in summer without seeing a Corvette, Miata, S2000 or a Z3 anymore but seeing another Sky is like seeing a unicorn. People always stop and ask me what I'm driving and it's extremely entertaining to watch their reaction when I told them it's a Saturn. So, in conclusion, the only realistic flaws among an extremely long list of positives are: No trunk space. And a Saturn badge. Both have very simple solutions. Now go buy one. And start picking on some Mustangs. They don't like being humiliated by Saturns (When they aren't busy running into crowds of people).

No Problemo
By Smitty

2007 Saturn Sky Red Line Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I own a Honda, Jaguar, and a Saturn. I find myself driving the Saturn Sky Redline for enjoyment. It is pure fun. Of the line it is a terror! In my life I owned to many cars to list. These include a 442, 340 Dodge swinger, Turbo Buick, etc. Now at 60 years old I can compare more easily than when I was 30years old. You will not regret a Sky Redline , if you can buy one. It has features that compare to 40-50 thousand dollar cars.I bought my Redline Sky new,the dealer added a Fugita F5 Competition Cold Air Intake System, warranted for one year. I added a Borla Exhaust. This combination only skyrockets your enjoyment. I was looking at specs for other cars but keep coming back to the Red.

What an engine for 4 cylinders! Looks are head turning, people come over and ask you if they can look over the car. Performance is unbelievable. It sounds like a rocket at full throttle. It is the fastest off the line engine I ever saw in my lifetime. ( 4-cylinders)

I would like a little more cabin room. Especially to buckle your seatbelt. The seatbelt buckle is too tight fitting between the seat and the shifter hump. The instrument panel is to small. A bigger diameter display would be beneficial.

Beautiful, but much to be desired
By DnTnSC

2007 Saturn Sky Red Line Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Overall a great little car. Fun to drive, great handling, good power, and the car definitely turns heads! On the road it gets around 31 mpg, 24 to 26 in town driving. However, it does have some flaws. After owning for a year, it developed a very loud squeak in the front end (during cold weather) that Saturn can't find. It's noisy at high speed, and when you really get down on it the acceleration should be smoother. The dash developed a couple of different rattles after a year. The passenger side cup holder is a waste - it breaks if you use it (mine has been replaced 3 times). The window controls are not positioned well, and it has no room for any cargo at all.

Exterior - it really turns heads and is a great looking car. The engine has plenty of power and the car handles wonderfully!

The AC is very loud when it's running, and you can hear the fuel pump popping at idle. Turning on the defrost always turns on the compresser which is just too loud. The rag top squeaks and rattles. Add a power top and passenger mirror and give it cup holders that don't break when used for a cup.

Excellent Car with Top Up or Down
By John

2007 Saturn Sky Red Line Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Whenever I drive this car it always great. It loves corners like the magna traction racing cars I drove as a kid on the slot tracks, but this is the real thing that I can get into and drive and still have moeny left for gas. Yes the only minor gripe is the limited space in the trunk when the top down is down, but it is a sports car and a good looking one at that. Some people say what do you think about the manual top? and I say it is easy and quick to put it up and down, simple open the doors, move the latch, pop the trunk and shut it, done. I never have to worry about an electric roof motor braking. I have drove a lot of cars and I waited a year to get this one and it has been worth it.

Handling, the tires feel like they are glued to the road whne going around corners, excelleration(The turbo is great you are speeding in seconds by accident sometimes, looks great from all angles, I got a red one w/ a rear spoiler, polished aluminum wheels, and it has nice comfortable leather seat.

Add an audible curb sensor for the front of the car becuase the front sits low. They should make an in-dash navigation system with a back up camera standard. I added it after the fact. Add a tinted rear window. Move the window buttons for easier reach. Add compass to the mirror.

It's a love/hate kind of thing
By Desiree

2007 Saturn Sky Red Line Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I feel in love with this car when I wasn't even car shopping. I had to have it! I purchased mine about a year ago and it's been in the shop 8 times already! The check engine light and battery light are always on and the dealership can't seem to fix it and he convertible top and weather stripping have been replaced twice! It is indeed a head turner but it's also become my worst nightmare!

OnStar and XM radio.

The cup holders between the seats are akward; the one on the console isn't durable; a light in the glove box would be helpful and the top would be nicer if it was automatic.