Used 2007 Saturn Sky Red Line Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Saturn Sky - Consumer Reviews

2007 Saturn Sky Red Line

Red Line 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (34 reviews )

No Problemo
By Smitty

2007 Saturn Sky Red Line Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I own a Honda, Jaguar, and a Saturn. I find myself driving the Saturn Sky Redline for enjoyment. It is pure fun. Of the line it is a terror! In my life I owned to many cars to list. These include a 442, 340 Dodge swinger, Turbo Buick, etc. Now at 60 years old I can compare more easily than when I was 30years old. You will not regret a Sky Redline , if you can buy one. It has features that compare to 40-50 thousand dollar cars.I bought my Redline Sky new,the dealer added a Fugita F5 Competition Cold Air Intake System, warranted for one year. I added a Borla Exhaust. This combination only skyrockets your enjoyment. I was looking at specs for other cars but keep coming back to the Red.

Favorite Features

What an engine for 4 cylinders! Looks are head turning, people come over and ask you if they can look over the car. Performance is unbelievable. It sounds like a rocket at full throttle. It is the fastest off the line engine I ever saw in my lifetime. ( 4-cylinders)

Suggested Improvements

I would like a little more cabin room. Especially to buckle your seatbelt. The seatbelt buckle is too tight fitting between the seat and the shifter hump. The instrument panel is to small. A bigger diameter display would be beneficial.

Beautiful, but much to be desired
By DnTnSC

2007 Saturn Sky Red Line Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Overall a great little car. Fun to drive, great handling, good power, and the car definitely turns heads! On the road it gets around 31 mpg, 24 to 26 in town driving. However, it does have some flaws. After owning for a year, it developed a very loud squeak in the front end (during cold weather) that Saturn can't find. It's noisy at high speed, and when you really get down on it the acceleration should be smoother. The dash developed a couple of different rattles after a year. The passenger side cup holder is a waste - it breaks if you use it (mine has been replaced 3 times). The window controls are not positioned well, and it has no room for any cargo at all.

Favorite Features

Exterior - it really turns heads and is a great looking car. The engine has plenty of power and the car handles wonderfully!

Suggested Improvements

The AC is very loud when it's running, and you can hear the fuel pump popping at idle. Turning on the defrost always turns on the compresser which is just too loud. The rag top squeaks and rattles. Add a power top and passenger mirror and give it cup holders that don't break when used for a cup.

Excellent Car with Top Up or Down
By John

2007 Saturn Sky Red Line Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Whenever I drive this car it always great. It loves corners like the magna traction racing cars I drove as a kid on the slot tracks, but this is the real thing that I can get into and drive and still have moeny left for gas. Yes the only minor gripe is the limited space in the trunk when the top down is down, but it is a sports car and a good looking one at that. Some people say what do you think about the manual top? and I say it is easy and quick to put it up and down, simple open the doors, move the latch, pop the trunk and shut it, done. I never have to worry about an electric roof motor braking. I have drove a lot of cars and I waited a year to get this one and it has been worth it.

Favorite Features

Handling, the tires feel like they are glued to the road whne going around corners, excelleration(The turbo is great you are speeding in seconds by accident sometimes, looks great from all angles, I got a red one w/ a rear spoiler, polished aluminum wheels, and it has nice comfortable leather seat.

Suggested Improvements

Add an audible curb sensor for the front of the car becuase the front sits low. They should make an in-dash navigation system with a back up camera standard. I added it after the fact. Add a tinted rear window. Move the window buttons for easier reach. Add compass to the mirror.

It's a love/hate kind of thing
By Desiree

2007 Saturn Sky Red Line Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I feel in love with this car when I wasn't even car shopping. I had to have it! I purchased mine about a year ago and it's been in the shop 8 times already! The check engine light and battery light are always on and the dealership can't seem to fix it and he convertible top and weather stripping have been replaced twice! It is indeed a head turner but it's also become my worst nightmare!

Favorite Features

OnStar and XM radio.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holders between the seats are akward; the one on the console isn't durable; a light in the glove box would be helpful and the top would be nicer if it was automatic.

You must be an owner to review this car.
By davtam

2007 Saturn Sky Red Line Red Line 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Often those who these cars have very little knowledge of what they are really like. Ask someone who owns one what they think. The top is not an issue if you can spare 15 seconds. Trunk space is limited, but hello it;s a sports car! The performance and gas mileage is much better than listed. If cup holders, trunk space and an automatic top are what your looking for, go someplace else. This is a sports car people!

Favorite Features

Tons of power, lots of attention when you drive this car. Very comfortable to sit in and drive.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior/dash lighting. Improved placement of window control's.