Used 2007 Saturn Sky Convertible Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Saturn Sky Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2007 Saturn Sky Convertible

View reviews for a specific Sky model:

Roadsters
By William Cunningham

2007 Saturn Sky Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Top down, not much trunk space!

Kaput goes the airbag!!!!!
By Bonnie S. Barlow

2007 Saturn Sky Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We only drive our Sky in the summer time because we live in very cold, icy, winters. The Sky is definitely not for snow travel. It will slide in only a skift of snow and leave you stranded. We started out this season and noticed that the airbag warning came on. We only had 40,000 miles on the
Sky when this occurred. We took it to the dealership after reading many bad reviews about the airbag performance particularly on that side. Imagine our disappointment when the dealer informed us that this had not been recalled as of yet.
We took it to the dealership and the bill was $939.00. I talked to a friend who has the Pontiac version of this car and the same thing has happened to theirs. There has to be a flaw and/or defect in that system. There are multiple fixes on You-Tube about this. I don't see how unplugging the indicator life is a fix, some people did...but we opted to fix ours so that if we are involved in a crash the passenger has protection. I realize that Saturn is no longer is business but that shouldn't stop them from standing behind their product.

Loved the car, but....
By wheeker

2007 Saturn Sky Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2007 Saturn Sky (base) in February 2011.
I loved the styling, handling, and performance so much! I just recently traded my car in for 2010 Mazda 3 though. Why would I do such a thing you ask? Well, it was a hard decision, but the idea of putting MORE money into the Sky was not what I wanted to do right now. I needed more room too. I used it as a daily driving car which was great for a while, but became annoying and a hassle when I couldn't even put a bag of cat litter in my trunk.
This is a great second car.
As an everyday car it becomes a hassle at times. I loved my Sky, and I miss it, especially knowing I'll never get another one, but at least I can say I owned one!

Performance and handling, hands down. Styling is amazing, I always got looks and questions about my car and I loved that. Helps mine was yellow! The cockpit feel of the interior and comfy seats. Basically everything except the fact that it had zero room for anything at all more than one grocery bag.

The trunk would leak, I had a buttress that wouldn't pop up to open the trunk which we fixed ourselves, otherwise it would have been thousands to fix it at a dealer, I spent almost $2000 to get the parking break fixed and new tires. Then end of last year the clear coat started coming off of my hood for no reason and the paint was oxidizing underneath, another $1,000 to get that painted - Corrosion warranty would've covered it, but that ran out if Feb. There is NO room whatsoever in the interior cabin or in the trunk. Hard to get in and out of sometimes. Why are there cup holders in this car? Who would have a drink in this car, much less use the flimsy cup holders? Also useless.

Can't find a cooler car
By pokefun

2007 Saturn Sky Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love this Sky, well designed, solid and afordable

Why pretend you care how it peforms? :)
By Maven

2007 Saturn Sky Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Let's face it: if you're thinking of buying a Sky, it's because you're in love with the body. It's the Supermodel of Roadsters: you know it's superficial, but you still want to date it. There's really no beating the Sky in terms of a sexy, affordable convertible. Yes, the Miata performs better. You don't care. Yes, the ergonomics are bad. You still don't care. It's sexy, it's affordable... GO BUY ONE. You won't regret it.

Really, the body styling is the selling point here. There's nothing it does mechanically that isn't done better by the Miata.

The chassis sits a little low in the front for my tastes. It's not a low-rider, after all. And as has been noted a million times, you can't adjust ANYTHING comfortably once the car is in motion.