Used 2007 Saturn Sky Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Saturn Sky - Consumer Reviews

2007 Saturn Sky Convertible

View reviews for a specific Sky model:

Loved the car, but....
By wheeker

2007 Saturn Sky Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2007 Saturn Sky (base) in February 2011. I loved the styling, handling, and performance so much! I just recently traded my car in for 2010 Mazda 3 though. Why would I do such a thing you ask? Well, it was a hard decision, but the idea of putting MORE money into the Sky was not what I wanted to do right now. I needed more room too. I used it as a daily driving car which was great for a while, but became annoying and a hassle when I couldn't even put a bag of cat litter in my trunk. This is a great second car. As an everyday car it becomes a hassle at times. I loved my Sky, and I miss it, especially knowing I'll never get another one, but at least I can say I owned one!

Favorite Features

Performance and handling, hands down. Styling is amazing, I always got looks and questions about my car and I loved that. Helps mine was yellow! The cockpit feel of the interior and comfy seats. Basically everything except the fact that it had zero room for anything at all more than one grocery bag.

Suggested Improvements

The trunk would leak, I had a buttress that wouldn't pop up to open the trunk which we fixed ourselves, otherwise it would have been thousands to fix it at a dealer, I spent almost $2000 to get the parking break fixed and new tires. Then end of last year the clear coat started coming off of my hood for no reason and the paint was oxidizing underneath, another $1,000 to get that painted - Corrosion warranty would've covered it, but that ran out if Feb. There is NO room whatsoever in the interior cabin or in the trunk. Hard to get in and out of sometimes. Why are there cup holders in this car? Who would have a drink in this car, much less use the flimsy cup holders? Also useless.

Can't find a cooler car
By pokefun

2007 Saturn Sky Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love this Sky, well designed, solid and afordable

Why pretend you care how it peforms? :)
By Maven

2007 Saturn Sky Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Let's face it: if you're thinking of buying a Sky, it's because you're in love with the body. It's the Supermodel of Roadsters: you know it's superficial, but you still want to date it. There's really no beating the Sky in terms of a sexy, affordable convertible. Yes, the Miata performs better. You don't care. Yes, the ergonomics are bad. You still don't care. It's sexy, it's affordable... GO BUY ONE. You won't regret it.

Favorite Features

Really, the body styling is the selling point here. There's nothing it does mechanically that isn't done better by the Miata.

Suggested Improvements

The chassis sits a little low in the front for my tastes. It's not a low-rider, after all. And as has been noted a million times, you can't adjust ANYTHING comfortably once the car is in motion.

A True Roadster
By Sky's The Limit

2007 Saturn Sky Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Back in the early '70's I owned an MG. It was fun to drive, but not very reliable. The Sky reminds me of the way the MG handled, but it has more power and is more comfortable. The MG had clips on the right and left for the top and it was a pain to take down. I've read some complaints that the top on the Sky is difficult to take down, but it takes about 15 seconds to take down and about 20 to put back up. It is well designed for a mechanical top. This car has plenty of power and is so much fun to drive. I love putting the top down and taking it on a curvy road and listening to the engine roar. It is also beautiful, especially when compared to the Miata, which looks so vanilla.

Favorite Features

Looks, styling, handling. Fun factor.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders. Dash gauges hard to see.

Do it, you will not regret this car
By Dave

2007 Saturn Sky Convertible 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was a little leery to buy a Saturn, boy was a wrong after taking a closer look. These things are built well for the most part. There's a couple things that could be refined like the doors having to be all the way open or closed to open/close the hood, and the window controls being to far back on the doors, but this thing is a ton of fun to drive. It handles like it's on rails, has a nice solid feel, decent power for a NA engine (I plan on putting a big turbo on it in a few years). With the sub it's stereo has an excellent sound. This thing kicks the heck out of the Miata. For the price this car is fun, reliability will be proven, but with 6 year 100K mile warranty I'm not worried

Favorite Features

I'm 6'2 and 220lbs and I fit comfortably in it, I don't fit in the Miata. The body styling is just awesome too, very nice looking car!

Suggested Improvements

Move the window controls and do something different with the LCD display for the stereo, it's hard to read in the sun with the top down.