Used 2002 Saturn S-Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 115 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Saturn S-Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2002 Saturn S-Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

great car
By Don Berry

2002 Saturn S-Series Sedan SL1 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my '02 Saturn SL1 as a used car with 117000 miles. I traded it a few days ago and it had 283000 miles. I would not have traded it if I hadn't been offered a good price for it. There was very little maintenance done on it. New brakes and a new cooling fan. One muffler. The original exhaust is still in good condition. I loved this car. Never got less than 30 - 32 miles per gallon combined city and highway.

02 Saturn sl1 bought for 600$161k
By Kenneth Shields

2002 Saturn S-Series Sedan SL 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Saturn sl1 it's a automatic transmission. I had no issues with my car just maintain it correctly. It will treat you good

02 Saturn sl1 bought for 600$161k
By Kenneth Shields

ORIGINAL OWNER HAS OVER 208000 MILES
By Mike Ainsworth

2002 Saturn S-Series Sedan SL 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

While on vacation, August 2001 we traded a minivan for a new 02 SL1 auto in Fargo North Dakota. Now has over 208000 miles . Oil has been changed every 5000 miles or less. I have never let it run low on oil ever. It has the ALL original engine and automatic transmission,struts,radiator.A/C still works. power windows and locks all in pretty good condition rides good. Transmission fluid and radiator fluid flushed regularly. I used spray adhesive from Home Depot to glue in new diamond tweed seat covers front and rear diamond tweed from O'Reilley Auto Parts. Replaced headlights from Amazon.com The only thing I regret is that the rear licence plate frame from the Fargo Saturn Dealership got pitched. Wish I could find a new one. I HAVE A LOT MORE FREED UP CASH BECAUSE OF THIS CAR! Full coverage insurance is $265 every 6 months. I live in southern Illinois.

Great First Car or Needed Car
By Michael Carlson

2002 Saturn S-Series Sedan SL 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

The car handles great and is responsive. Occasional repairs but can work on a last leg and just be one part to replace and fine. Transmission is shotty. Manual flywheel went at 150000 and auto still going strong at 186000. Regular maintence required but not heavy. Reccomend high mileage synthetic oil. Its all plastic with no safety features. If you can turn your head you have all visibility needed with no blind spots. Braking is not very good. Performance of 100-120 hp 4cyl and 30mpg city/40mpg hwy. 12 mile tank. 360-480 miles on full tank. Fantastic first car for child. Easy shifts in manual if you are teaching someone. Great car if you can't afford that $6,000 car and great on gas.