2002 Saturn S-Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:
I LOVE this car!!
By gmgirl33 on 08/23/14 20:32 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 02 SC2 3 years ago and it only had 60,000 miles on it. I love the way it looks, sporty with an attitude, it definitely cannot be mistaken for any other vehicle from any angle, which is a huge plus in my book. I used my car for commuting over 500 miles a week for almost 2 years. I also am very hard on my cars, I have a bit of a lead foot. Now I use him to travel all over U.S. for my job, he now has over 133,000 miles on him but I do take care of him, with regular oil changes and tune ups. But this car has not cost me any more than that, I did put tires, but that's normal. My father, who owns a auto shop, told me to buy a Saturn. It was best choice I ever made!

The little car that can!
By porcelainc on 04/23/14 13:28 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this back in 2004, with 23 thousand miles on it, just to get me by, thinking it was a piece of crap car. Here we are 10 years later! Little did I know this Saturn would be such a good friend, turn the key, and she goes, with all scheduled maintenance, beyond reliable, easy on gas. This is the 1st year I've had to put a good amount of money in repairs, but Maine roads are not forgiving on any car. 12 yrs old, with 109,000 miles, I'll see how far she wants to take me! I detailed it after this long winter, she's shining like a new penny, I'm in love all over again! Always been a fun little car to drive.

Great little commuter
By exxiv on 10/13/13 08:42 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Saturn SC with 60,000 miles on the clock. 1 year and 15,000 miles later there has been absolutely no issues. Its solid and reliable with great fuel economy and decent acceleration. Its abit low for my taste but i absolutely recommend the saturn s-series after my year of ownership.

I love this thing
By fazdaz on 05/23/13 11:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC1 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in in 2008 and have been driving it so much and I just can't complain. It's not a fancy car but it's super reliable. Manual tranmission is fun to drive if you know how to drive and when you realize how much it saves you. I have taught about 10 people how to drive manual transmission on this very car. A lot of them weren't gentle on it and yet it just won't break down. I currently have 130k miles on it and it just keeps on going. The only thing I've been doing for it is change of oil and I did change tires.

Why are Cars Built So Poorly
By hltcs on 02/17/10 13:21 PM (PST)

2002 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC1 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 4A)

I can't remember the last car I owned that I liked and was actually reliable. I bought a used Saturn 4 months ago, cheap. I thought it would pass inspection, but it was "as is" - not blaming the seller. The service engine light came on and I thought it was the gas cap, because the light went out after I got gas. After a short time, the car began idling high and then down when I came to a stop, then it finally stalled in traffic. But first, the key in the ignition problem..it wouldn't turn without jiggling it. Well, that was solved when I went to Saturn and had a new key made. As for the rest of it, new spark plugs, wires, etc. didn't fix the idle. It's getting a new intake manifold gasket.

I just had Deja Vu
By Jillibean68 on 10/07/09 18:12 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 4A)

My folks bought me a SC-2 as a 'go away to college' gift, and she lasted me a great 6 years, until i totalled her dec of 2008.Honestly the best car ive ever owned, driven, etc.She kept me safe during my accident,took me to and from college(500 miles each way),and brought me from teen to adult.I havent been able to find another, until today, which i plan on purchasing because life has been miserable without my 'baby'.Safe,Sporty,Cute,Reliable&all over fantastic car.Esp. the '02 model,they are so hard to find now since 02 was the last year they made them.Nothing else compares!

Worst Experience Ever!
By SundayGirl on 07/14/09 11:50 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

At 53,000 miles my engine blew with no warning. All oil changes and maintenance timely. GM agreed to cover 1/2 of the engine replacement due to low miles. Called back to see if they'd pay more...area mgr called dealership and RESCINDED the offer after the repair was made. We ended up paying 1/2 of repair, but only after much wrangling w/dealership & GM. To top it off, car came home with paint scratched off door and other areas. Other defects: ignition sticks, electrical short in fog lights, wheel bearing replacement. Terrible customer service & biz practices. Last hunk of American-made junk I will ever buy.

Ignition
By Kirsten on 05/18/09 12:43 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

i have a saturn sc2 2002 and i have many problems with my cd player, and my dashboard lights, but my biggest problem is my ignition switch, my key wont turn i have to sit the and jiggle the wheel ao aggressively, press the brake and hope it will turnover, and before i had problems with my car not turning offl. Im taking it to the shop today, but im sick of all these little problems that turn into big money problems

GM is awsome
By James on 04/05/09 18:06 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2002 Saturn Sc2 in 2002 and I now have 133,514 miles on it. I bought it for cheap and I still love it. It handles good, has plenty of power to make you feel more like youíre driving a sports car and has attractive sporty styling. It is a Saturn which means itís designed for budget minded buyers. This car gives you affordable while stretching your dollar the most. Iíve been raised on GM vehicles and will continue to be a faithful customer. I highly recommend A Saturn for those in the budget minded buying class.

Fun and sporty
By Miotis on 03/20/09 03:38 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

When gas hit $4.00 a gallon, I decided I needed something other than my heavily modded 95 Camaro Z28. I LOVE the fuel mileage! This is not the most comfortable car, but hey, I am comparing it to a Camaro. This car does great for what it is. A small and sporty gas sipper with enough preformance features to keep me happy.