Used 2002 Saturn S-Series SC1 Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

Great little car
By gene L

2002 Saturn S-Series SC1 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

34mpg with 0mi. & 34mpg with 220,00mi.! uses 1qt per month of oil 5w-30. dependable, transmission rebuilt & works great. All highway miles. airbags front & sides

I love this thing
By fazdaz

2002 Saturn S-Series SC1 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in in 2008 and have been driving it so much and I just can't complain. It's not a fancy car but it's super reliable. Manual tranmission is fun to drive if you know how to drive and when you realize how much it saves you.
I have taught about 10 people how to drive manual transmission on this very car. A lot of them weren't gentle on it and yet it just won't break down. I currently have 130k miles on it and it just keeps on going. The only thing I've been doing for it is change of oil and I did change tires.

Very low maintanance. Easy to repair and the parts are cheap. Manual is just fun to drive and car's shape if pretty good for 2002 model.

Interior is plasticy and the engine is kind of loud.

It's a great car for 1st time drivers
By Karen

2002 Saturn S-Series SC1 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

I was a first time driver when I purchased my Saturn SC1. I saw the car on a television show. When I saw the car I knew that was the one I wanted, no questions asked. I did not even want to look at another car, although my parents wanted to shop around. The look of the car was what drew me in because it is sporty enough for a teenager, but can appeal to all ages. The only problem I had so far was some of the wiring was chewed into by a small rodent of some kind and that had to be repaired, but that was a freak accident not created by the car itself. Overall being it's my 1st and only car, I have no complaints.

It is great on gas mileage. I commute roughly 25-30 miles back and forth to school everyday and I refill my tank about once a week. I also love the quality of my speakers because I am always listening to my radio. I wanted leather seats but now during the hot summer days I'm glad I don't have it.

I like the sound quality of my speakers, however, I listen to my music a little too loud and have easily blown my side door speakers before. Make them more durable. also, the back seats are very uncomfortable, I do not like how they sink in and you feel like you cannot get out.

The Underdog
By HenryD1981

2002 Saturn S-Series SC1 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for over a year
now. While I really wanted to get into
an SC2, I had to make do with an SC1.
This car is not bad at all. If you are
looking for a car that is economical
yet fun to drive, you should really
look into this Saturn.

Dent-resistant panels, comfortable seats, standard CD player, unique 3rd door, and layout of intstruments/controls.

Needs better quality tires, make ABS standard, and more competitive price.

I am in love with my car
By jehn

2002 Saturn S-Series SC1 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought this car it was almost
four years old and 70,000km. It is now
at 90,000km and I haven't had any
problems, it is more reliable than my
best friends and after doing some
exerior upgrades,(tint, tires and rims,
spoiler...) people think it is brand
new!

Fun from the outside in.