2002 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:
I love this thing
By fazdaz on 05/23/13 11:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn S-Series SC1 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in in 2008 and have been driving it so much and I just can't complain. It's not a fancy car but it's super reliable. Manual tranmission is fun to drive if you know how to drive and when you realize how much it saves you. I have taught about 10 people how to drive manual transmission on this very car. A lot of them weren't gentle on it and yet it just won't break down. I currently have 130k miles on it and it just keeps on going. The only thing I've been doing for it is change of oil and I did change tires.

It's a great car for 1st time drivers
By Karen on 01/06/07 03:21 AM (PST)

2002 Saturn S-Series SC1 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

I was a first time driver when I purchased my Saturn SC1. I saw the car on a television show. When I saw the car I knew that was the one I wanted, no questions asked. I did not even want to look at another car, although my parents wanted to shop around. The look of the car was what drew me in because it is sporty enough for a teenager, but can appeal to all ages. The only problem I had so far was some of the wiring was chewed into by a small rodent of some kind and that had to be repaired, but that was a freak accident not created by the car itself. Overall being it's my 1st and only car, I have no complaints.

The Underdog
By HenryD1981 on 05/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn S-Series SC1 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for over a year now. While I really wanted to get into an SC2, I had to make do with an SC1. This car is not bad at all. If you are looking for a car that is economical yet fun to drive, you should really look into this Saturn.

I am in love with my car
By jehn on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn S-Series SC1 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought this car it was almost four years old and 70,000km. It is now at 90,000km and I haven't had any problems, it is more reliable than my best friends and after doing some exerior upgrades,(tint, tires and rims, spoiler...) people think it is brand new!

Four Speed Clunker
By JaredJon on 02/26/02 23:50 PM (PST)

2002 Saturn S-Series SC1 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

After needing to replace the whole car's transmission at $750 (not covered on expired warrenty....) Back seats are too deep making the ride uncomfortable. When more than one person in the car, engine works over time. Car overheats regularly in high traffic, even in moderate weather. Tires are bad and brakes don't help much in inclement weather.