2001 Saturn S-Series Consumer Review: Never again

2001 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Review

2001 Saturn S-Series

SC2 Coupe (1.9L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Never again
By indihippi on

2001 Saturn S-Series SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 4A)

This car has been nothing but a nightmare for my husband and I. At 70k miles, the ENGINE blew. We replaced the engine because it was cheaper than buying a new car, but there are just too many problems. Too much road noise, it shakes, the radio went out. We have to change the oil so often, it's crazy. The acceleration, especially on inclines, is terrible. Due to a flood, we will be getting rid of this car. We will never buy another Saturn.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By z_1_s
on 07/29/14 12:52 PM (PDT)

The comment about the acceleration on inclines is ABSOLUTELY 100% TRUE. I can testify to this after driving one of these for almost 3 years now. It is actually scary. I have to drive over some very steep-inclined bridges and I have actually developed an anxiety because of how poorly this car climbs uphill. Very, very scary.

By avaricious
on 05/29/15 16:47 PM (PDT)

Owned the Sedan version of this for 5 years, put over 70k on it before getting the 3dr Cpe...I can't attest to how the automatics drive (all of mine have been 5 speed), but the keys to owning a Saturn are as follows: 1) Get a manual version 2) Check/change oil regularly (3k for conventional, up to 6k for synthetic) Manual climbs hills just fine, as these are rev-happy motors (redline is 6.5k...)