I recieved my little 2001 SC2 as a birthday present nearly two years ago now. The only problems I've ever had have been the result of the first owner. For example, I just got my car out of the shop because it had been cutting out on the road. While this scared me to death, it turned out that the battery and the cables were both as old as the car (11!) and had never been replaced. Now that these parts have been replaced, it's running like a charm and I couldn't ask for better. Honestly, as with any car, the SC2 will last as long as you're willing to take care of it. My father has gone through 4 Jeeps during the life of my little car, so if the SC2 isn't a hardy car I don't know what is!
- the bucket seats
- the large dashboard and windshield
- size of car (can easily maneuver around larger vehicles in tight traffic)
- size allows for easy cleaning and access
- SUPERB sound system. Haven't heard better in a vehicle.
- "bullet" design of car: provides great aerodynamics.
- great gas mileage (usually gets 30mpg or higher, although I fuel up with 89)
- climate control is responsive and immediate: virtually no delay, A/Cis crisp.
- with mirrors adjutd properly, driver has NO blind spots. Great visibility.
- sunroof :)
- third door! (how could I forget?) makes it SO easy to access the rear, my sister can easily get in the back and the "hidden" door makes the SC2 very unique.
If anything, the brakes in my car leave something to be desired. This problem is probably unique to me, but my brakes often make funny noises while decelerating (the brakes themselves work perfectly though).
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.