Used 2001 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

Love and Hate
By waffle413

2001 Saturn S-Series SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

It was the first car I ever owned, and i loved it... until problems started stacking up on it. the front right knuckle gave out on me first, then the engine and trans followed. It didn't help with the costs any that Saturn parts are hard to find. The interior is a bit odd and there really is no room to put people in the back seat. The whole layout of the car is strange, it is awkward and cramped. I always told people that it is a great car, when it works properly though. Either way, it was my first car and i loved it but it just leeched money from me every chance it got.

A Decent Kind Of Car
By gabbyranger100

2001 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car back in February 2007 for my wife with 95,849 miles on the odometer. We drove it to Florida 6 months later and spent 100 dollars roundtrip on fuel. The only problems we had with it were a bad ignition coil, a/c compressor quit working, water leak(ending up replacing the radiator, water pump and thermostat). Otherwise, it's a decent kind of car but I rarely drive it because it's too small for me but perfect for my 5'3" wife. I have no complaints about it. We currently have over 160,000 miles on the car and still going strong.

Fuel Mileage

Best Car I've EVER Owned!
By krose3622

2001 Saturn S-Series SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used, with a little over 100K, for $2500 (a steal). It has been a life saver of a vehicle... we own an old Chevy pickup (1980's), a 1995 blazer, and a 2000 Pontiac Montana and this Saturn has outlived them all. All of our other vehicles have been in and out of the shop for numerous thins (transmission, blown radiator, bad head gasket) and the Saturn has always been our primary vehicle, never letting us down. It now has over 152K and has needed nothing besides routine maintenance and brakes. Reliable, GREAT gas milage, handles well in all weather conditions. My boyfriend is 6'2" and drives it to and from work daily. Seats are a uncomfortable though for long trips.

Piece Of Crap
By MylesRodgers

2001 Saturn S-Series SC1 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 4A)

Do not buy this car. These cars are crap. I've had 2 Saturns so far, and I will NEVER buy another one. They ride like crap, sound like crap, and are as slow as crap. They look cool though.

I really enjoy it when my car starts and runs for a day without any problems. Rarely happens though.

Change everything.

Love my little car!
By Shannon

2001 Saturn S-Series SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 4A)

This car just goes and goes. I have been lax on maintenance and still have had NO major or even minor problems to speak of. I cannot say enough about my car! It is not a car for everyone - it does not fit large or tall people comfortably. Obviously it is a small car that doesn't haul a lot of stuff. But I have used it as our primary family vehicle, hauling baby gear and a car seat, and it does great.

Reliability, reliability, reliability. It's cute and gets good mileage. Dent-proof body is a godsend!

Bring back Saturn! We wanted to buy another Saturn and are so disappointed they are gone.