2001 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews 13

2001 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

2001 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:
Not worth the money
By Loudog on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Saturn S-Series SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Saturn in to the dealership at least once every three months since I have had it. For many of the problems (electric windows, AC system, suspension)I had to bring the car in more than once because the service dept could not find the problem. I had to make four visits for a total of 13 days for a knock in the front end. They told me that I should just ignore the knock! Past sales, there is not real service. I got this car for its sleek looks, and that's all I got!

No Title
By SDovedoll on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Saturn S-Series SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

Very dependable car so far. Performance wise, could use a little more horsepower. Bad blind spot toward the back left side of the driver. Interior build quality is kind of cheap.

My Lemon
By cutetourist on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

At 10,000 miles we had a leak in the main seal which was fixed under warranty. Later we noticed a vibration under high speed braking. The rotors were slightly warped but the brake pads were fine. I had to fix it myself because they said it was our fault, not a parts defect. Then we had an idle problem so they replaced the throttle body again covered by warranty but we were without the car for 10 days. During this time they had to replace the pressure plate as well. We got the car back and noticed a sound from the front end. Turns out they had to replace the front wheel bearings. Have I mentioned the $20 wiper blades?

Good solid car
By svankirk on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

This is a fun, sporty little family sedan. It drives well and has good pickup. With the leather upgrade, the interior is very nice and comfortable. Of course Saturn knocks itself out trying to keep their customers happy so that is a nice bonus. The no-dent body panels are an excellent feature.

8th saturn
By RjKeenan on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

The 2000-2002 Saturns are the best looking and best designed yet. They share all the same chassis and drivetrain as the 1991 Saturns, but fine tuned. I have at this time a 2000 SW2 wagon with an autotrans. I also have two 2001 SL2's. Mine is a bright red limited edition 5-speed and my wifes is the limited edition bright silver 10th Anniversay Sedan. All are great cars that soar above all other Cpmpact cars except they could use another 25 horse power.

It's okay... but I wouldn't buy another
By puokgirl on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

I like my car most of the time. I don't like the way it accelerates. In the first month they had to replace my radio (the transmitter broke). Within 6 months they had to fix my power windows because the mechanism got caught in the door lock and wouldn't allow the window to roll up. Within the first year, they had to replace my rack and pinion. 6 months later it was the Left front strut tower. It's a car built to hold someone that is shorter, like me, so it's very comfortable to get behind the wheel and drive. Overall though with all the problems I've had, I probably wouldn't buy another Saturn.

Beware - Mommy Cars is hateful to drive
By musicmel on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this vehicle to commute to work (drove 75 miles each day) after a life time of driving Honda Civics and Toyotas. It simply isn't well made at all, it is akward to drive and the turning radias is ridiculously large (forget U Turns folks, unless you like being forced to go into the right hand lane!) The Saturn service is great - but I really hate the vehicle and regret purchasing it as I'll never be able to sell it (no resell value, I paid 12,998 in 2001 and it's now worth 5,100 trade-in).

My Saturn
By Carole331 on 12/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Saturn S-Series SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a Saturn from the time I started looking at new cars. The SC2 has seat adjustments for your back and once I got the seat adjusted for me, it's been great! The gas mileage is good. The car is quiet and the temperature settings keep the car either warm or cool. I find the trunk a bit small sometimes, but this is to be expected with a sporty car. But the back seats go down, so I can put long things in with no problem. For my final rating, if I had to do all over again, I'd buy my Saturn in a heartbeat!

DON'T BUY THIS
By Lady Corbn on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new, and have had it in the shop over a dozen times for the same things. The back door has a bad relay which does not allow you to unlock the door, this was replaced four times. The transmission is unstable. The answer from the Saturn dealer was "There is nothing wrong with it" even though it idols at 2500 RPM's, and the control panel for your windows and mirrors is right in front of the cup holder. If you use the cup holder and hit a bump, that shorts out entirely. The more I expressed concern about the safety of this vehicle the more I heard that there was nothing wrong with it.

poor resale value
By deeandant on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Saturn SL for over a year now and was looking to trade it in. I was shocked that the resale is not even half of what I paid for the car. My car only has 10,000 miles and is in great condition. I was told by my dealership that Saturn's hold their value well and that is definetly not the case