Used 2001 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

Cute car - Pretty good car so far
By Lana

2001 Saturn S-Series SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

Since I owned my car 02/04 to me it was like a new car with only 20k miles when purchased. It did however, have issues which were upsetting, leaking doors, sills, trunk, it needed all new weatherstripping which was replaced for free. Had to have the following replaced: CD player-twice, entire sunroof replaced - twice, manifold gasket coolant leak into spark plugs/heads (covered under warranty),map lights broke,leaks under heavy rain, rattles and squeaks. Its been a great car besides the stupid things, I have a 5spd so its fun to drive, sporty and good on gas. Plastic doors are great but, still get chipped by parking lot parkings. Good car overall lucky i got the warranty to 4yr/100k.

Great stereo speaker system, outside body styling, 3rd door nice and plastic body a plus should have this on imports!

Make more reliable and not so cheap.

Automatic Transaxel Problems
By Scott

2001 Saturn S-Series SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

Overall it is a great car, corners very well, and accelerates quickly. On the other hand the car has only 35k miles on it and the transaxel is going out. Will not go in reverse (unless cold) and shifts hard into 2nd. This is the automatic transaxel though.

3rd door, and it does have guts for a 4banger.

I have talked to other owners and read maney other review of the S-series having this problem with the tranny, it is a manufaturers defect. But it always goes out after the warrenty period.

Saturns can take a whoopin'
By Drove a Saturn

2001 Saturn S-Series SC1 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

I have taken this car 43 miles each way to work for nearly 7 years with nearly zero maintenance. Good car for a Grad.

Feel during turns. Fun to drive.

It cannot pass. No guts.

Great car
By Starrn1007

2001 Saturn S-Series SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my '01 SC2 used at 48,000 miles. I never had really any problems with it except for my upper motor mount collapsed at about 75k. All in all, I loved this car before I traded. It could have a little more power, but seeing as though it isn't made anymore, that won't happen. I traded at 77k. I wanted something with a V6.This car has a very sporty look and was very realiable. With routine maintence it will last for a long time.

Leather seats, sunroof, great gas mileage. Third door was very useful.

Well it isnt made anymore, but if so, I would say give it more power.

Very satisfied
By Gerry

2001 Saturn S-Series SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

Very nice car for the money. Gas mileage is great. Interior could have more options and more detail though. Very reliable vehicle. 3rd door is great for access to the rear two seats although the rear seats are rather small. I am 6'2 and would not be comfortable at all having to sit there. The two rear seats both fold down (60-40) which provides additional trunk space. Overall very happy with the vehicle and do not regret the purchase at all. Would do it egain.

Exterior design and ease of interior parts removal for aftermarket audio/video components.

More detail to interior. More leg room in rear.