2001 Saturn S-Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:
Love and Hate
By waffle413 on 09/01/11 15:14 PM (PDT)

2001 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

It was the first car I ever owned, and i loved it... until problems started stacking up on it. the front right knuckle gave out on me first, then the engine and trans followed. It didn't help with the costs any that Saturn parts are hard to find. The interior is a bit odd and there really is no room to put people in the back seat. The whole layout of the car is strange, it is awkward and cramped. I always told people that it is a great car, when it works properly though. Either way, it was my first car and i loved it but it just leeched money from me every chance it got.

Good for low price
By New Owner on 02/06/09 09:12 AM (PST)

2001 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car because i want a cheap one. For 4000$ it is a realy good car. The only problem is the engine. If it is warm it is hard to start the car. I need four or five trials sometimes.

I love it!
By Missy on 09/25/08 20:55 PM (PDT)

2001 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

This car is the greatest car that I have ever owned. It gets great gas mileage. 39 mpg. It is fast and sporty. I love the sunroof, does not leak. I replaced a motor mount at 100,000 miles but that is to be expected. Very cute I have the bright yellow one. Paint still looks new after 7 years. Love the 3rd door with the kids. Overall I say just a great car!

Great Car!
By dspike572001 on 06/06/08 14:10 PM (PDT)

2001 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

I had this car for about two years now and i love it. It's a fun little car to drive, easy to handle. Its sporty and good looking, interior is good also. Great on gas, I get around 30mpg and it has 88k. Its fast acceleration and braking stops pretty good. It is very reliable and I think is a great overall car.

Hate to see it go
By Errrz on 05/07/08 16:47 PM (PDT)

2001 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

Car had incredible gas mileage, at 70mph, averaged 39mpg. Decent power output compared to its competition. Amenities galore. Although their "no haggle pricing" seemed to change greatly when I walked off with a check and no car the first time.

Good Ridance to Saturn
By Regretful Satrn ownr on 02/25/08 19:00 PM (PST)

2001 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car with 26,000 miles and have pretty much regreted it within the first year (several problems, including transmission failure just past warranty). Last chapter was written this week when engine went (rod) after 72,000 miles. My family and I have had numerous GM products over the years, but this is it....Japanese all the way now.

Disappointed with my Saturn SC2
By jsan on 02/28/07 11:55 AM (PST)

2001 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

Don't waste your money on a SC2. My car has left me stranded in the middle of the night too many times. The service deparment at my dealership don't know what they are doing. My 3 yr old car was towed 4 times.

Cute car - Pretty good car so far
By Lana on 02/15/07 08:32 AM (PST)

2001 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

Since I owned my car 02/04 to me it was like a new car with only 20k miles when purchased. It did however, have issues which were upsetting, leaking doors, sills, trunk, it needed all new weatherstripping which was replaced for free. Had to have the following replaced: CD player-twice, entire sunroof replaced - twice, manifold gasket coolant leak into spark plugs/heads (covered under warranty),map lights broke,leaks under heavy rain, rattles and squeaks. Its been a great car besides the stupid things, I have a 5spd so its fun to drive, sporty and good on gas. Plastic doors are great but, still get chipped by parking lot parkings. Good car overall lucky i got the warranty to 4yr/100k.

Automatic Transaxel Problems
By Scott on 12/15/06 16:00 PM (PST)

2001 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

Overall it is a great car, corners very well, and accelerates quickly. On the other hand the car has only 35k miles on it and the transaxel is going out. Will not go in reverse (unless cold) and shifts hard into 2nd. This is the automatic transaxel though.

Great car
By Starrn1007 on 10/15/06 10:29 AM (PDT)

2001 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my '01 SC2 used at 48,000 miles. I never had really any problems with it except for my upper motor mount collapsed at about 75k. All in all, I loved this car before I traded. It could have a little more power, but seeing as though it isn't made anymore, that won't happen. I traded at 77k. I wanted something with a V6.This car has a very sporty look and was very realiable. With routine maintence it will last for a long time.

1 2 3 4 5 next »