Used 2001 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

Be Wary Of This Car
By z_1_s

2001 Saturn S-Series SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 4A)

I'm a 20 year old college student and my dad bought me a Saturn SC2 (automatic) with 140,000 miles as my first car when I got my license at 18, about 2.5 years ago. My dad drives a 2001 Toyota Tacoma pickup truck (manual). Let me tell you, his truck has 220,000 miles on it and has NEVER broken down on him in 4 years. In 2.5 years my car has broken down on me more times than I can count on two hands. I'm getting tired of staring at the back of his truck while he tows me back to the house, sometimes 100+ miles away from home. I have maintained this car meticulously, and faithfully gotten every repair ever needed and it STILL breaks down. Every month it's a $500 repair. Get a Toyota, I'll be.

Enjoyed it!
By eraymond2

2001 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl 4A)

This was my first car with 96,000 miles on it when I bought it for $3,000. I had for over three years without a single problem. Driving around New England was fun to do, but it would always cost me $50 or so to fuel up.

The best car if you're looking for a relibale one!
By jpnrmr

2001 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl 4A)

My first car- got my 2001 Saturn when I turned 16. A hand-me-down, almost 8 yrs old w/ 130k at the time. The car is not fast, a little loud & is incredibly basic- BUT my family has gone through many cars over the years and this one is still kicking with over 180k & very minimal needed work (sister drives it now). I have only needed it fixed 2 or 3 times, ever (aside from regular maintenance). I had it until 2012 & my friends used to joke about how I had the same crappy old saturn from high school. Nothing crappy about having an old car that runs awesome, has awesome fuel economy & still looks decent! Awesome car- don't pass it up if you're looking for a reliable, efficient car!

Reliability, gas mileage, audio (this car has really nice sound. I used to blast my music, and it was always very clear, with a bass that sounded like I had a sound system installed in there)

Very basic, a little loud

Never again
By indihippi

2001 Saturn S-Series SC2 3dr Coupe (1.9L 4cyl 4A)

This car has been nothing but a nightmare for my husband and I. At 70k miles, the ENGINE blew. We replaced the engine because it was cheaper than buying a new car, but there are just too many problems. Too much road noise, it shakes, the radio went out. We have to change the oil so often, it's crazy. The acceleration, especially on inclines, is terrible. Due to a flood, we will be getting rid of this car. We will never buy another Saturn.

best car i have ever driven
By saturnsl

2001 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car for 800 dollars about five years ago and the only thing that has gone out is the alternator. i dont keep up with maintenance i hate to admit but it keeps on chugging along. i have had dodges before this but they never lasted as long as this thing. my girlfriend has a maxima and it has a problem a week ,. so this car by far is more reliable than most. and the fact that i see them everywhere in town more often than other old cars should really tell you something

Performance, reliability and style.

Bigger engine