Used 2000 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Saturn S-series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

Awesome
By Nicole82

2000 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

This car has worked fantastic for three years. We have put over 70k miles on it since purchasing. The only problem we've encountered was the intake gasket (common problem) that cost $15 to replace and one day of do it yourself installing. Great Fuel Economy. This car glides. I've never driven a car that could coast downhill as well as this. My next car will be a Saturn without question. A+ satisfaction.

Favorite Features

Wow so many. The endless cup holders (6) is nice. Fuel economy. Oh, the plastic outside, no more rusting!

Very good car
By BiGdOgG201

2000 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan

It is a very nice car. Smooth ride, it has good acceleration and braking. Overall I like this car. It is my second Saturn that I have owned. They are very reliable and I have only had to replace the brakes on it since I got it about two years ago.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is it being a manual transmission. It is the only way that I really enjoy driving because there is nothing like driving a manual.

Suggested Improvements

Lose the "Change oil soon" light, it's annoying and is not needed. For a real car person they know when to change the oil, they don't need t be reminded by a light on the dash.

All around excellent vehicle
By fenachrone

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

My Saturn SL2 had 86K when I bought it, but it ran like a car with half the miles. Now at 130K, it's going strong, still quick for a 4 cylinder, economical, and trouble free. Yes, as others have said, the seats are nothing to rave about, but they're OK. Mine will burn a bit of oil, like has been noted about these cars, but you just have to top it up. To jazz up the vehicle a bit, I decided to get some aftermarket wheels and the best tires I could find. It helped the handling noticably (already pretty good) as well as the look of the car. I've had a couple minor issues, e.g., electronic trunk release not working, but no biggie. The car has a great stereo: very powerful and clear.

Favorite Features

Good mileage, handling, tight feel. I like the added power of the OVHC engine, and probably wouldn't be too happy with the less powerful engine.

Suggested Improvements

Better seats

Great Car
By WagonUser

2000 Saturn S-Series SW2 4dr Wagon

If they had continued this model, I would have purchased another. Unfortunately, it is discontinued in manual transmission, which is the only way to drive. Very reliable. No major issues in 99,000 miles. Very responsive; great steering, good stability and quite peppy for a small engine.

Favorite Features

Driving a station wagon is not always a thrill. This car handled like a sedan.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the people in service.

Been good to me
By joemama1843

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

Has 60,000 miles on it. Bought it used and the only thing so far that happened was the ignition had to be replaced. Other than that I've had good reliabilty with it, good milage. Best of all it's paid off.

Favorite Features

Reliable, fun and good gas milage.

Suggested Improvements

Driver arm rest has thin plastic.