Used 2000 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Saturn S-series - Consumer Reviews

2000 Saturn S-Series

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

Saturn: Out Of This World
By Jay Cool

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

It needs more power. Clutch feel is a little too sloppy, and it takes about 12-20 miles of driving to warm it up enough to get it shifting smooth. I also have a head gasket leak so it's dumping coolant in the engine and burning it off, and I have to dump a quart of oil in about every 1000 miles. Other than that, and the easy to crack plastic, the vibrating and crackling speakers, and the too small interior for me, it's OK. If you're looking for a cheap car it's fine.

Favorite Features

30 mpg

Suggested Improvements

More power, more room, better reliability, better build quality.

Great Car
By ED

2000 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan

Never had problem with it. Very fuel efficient. I've put over 40k miles and stills run great and strong. Next car will be another Saturn. They made these cars to last.

Slowly Began to Annoy Me
By Cgrl

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

No major mechanical problem with the car. Has good mileage and has served me well. Me and the car have a relationship of convenience. It's a used economy car so I'll try to be fair. Rattling and minor repairs are expected. Still, the car has no acceleration (unsafe on highway, hills), badly designed, uncomfotable interior. Cup holder in careless location, torture seats, no sun-visor mirror on drivers side. Bad visability, frame gets in way, etc. Get a Honda. Just because it is an economy car doesn't mean that the litte things don't matter. It doesn't actually cost more to design a car in a sensible way, but it costs thousands when you lose what could have been a life long customer

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, inexpensive upkeep. It keeps going and going. Itried to kill it by changing oil irregulary to get a new car, didn't work

Suggested Improvements

Acceleration. When you make a car, remember someone has to drive the thing. In other words, fix the interior, I mean everything.

Stay Away!
By carlym615

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 45K on it in Aug of 2000. I thought it would be a reliable car for me to go off to college in. Not 15 miles from the dealership it stopped going. The battery and fuel pump had to be replaced. In Aug of '01 I had to have the transmission rebuilt. The mechanic said that he saw Saturns in there all the time with tranny problems. Since then my sunroof and CD player quit working. The windshield wipers decide when they'd like to work, as do the map lights. I thought this would be a good car to keep around and now I'm forking over the additional money and going with an Accord.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

Too many to name

Appearances are deceiving.
By Ian Clarke

2000 Saturn S-Series SW2 4dr Wagon

Dreadful fuel economy. Poor turning radius. Difficult to get in and out of. Service Engine Soon light will not extinguish. Brakes lasted a year. Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, the play was OK.

Favorite Features

None in particular.

Suggested Improvements

Improve ease of exit. Either give reasonable power or reasonable economy. This has neither.