2000 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews 8

2000 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

2000 Saturn S-Series SC1 3dr Coupe

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:
2000 SW2 Wagon
By regdor1999 on 07/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saturn S-Series SW2 4dr Wagon

Car is very fuel effecient, cheap to maintain (unless you get a bad one... can happen in any make of car), relatively cheap to insure, and is pretty safe for it's price, even without side airbags (they weren't an option in 2000). Only issue I've had is the infamous intake gasket issue (I smell a TSB or secret recall/warranty brewing) due to a faulty design of this gasket. Great service at my facility (Saturn of Westbrook, Maine), and the sales process was a breeze with no smarmy salesperson. Seating is not confortable at all for longer drives, so don't buy it as your primary highway cruiser.

Good first car
By \\\\\\\\\ on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

My Saturn SL2 is my first car. It's been very reliable. I've only had one problem with it. I had to have the lower rear gasket replaced because it was leaking anti-freeze. I love the moonroof. It also has good acceleration especially for a 4 cylinder. The trunk is very roomy I mow yards as a side job and I can fit my mower in the trunk which is a great convience. The gas mileage is also great. Right now I'm getting 28-30 miles per gallon and that's even without long distant driving. I'm getting that mileage with only driving for 15 minute drives each time.

Good Low end Car with no Frills
By redsox on 06/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

Overall this is a very good car. warranty work 7,000 miles battery blew fluid, 20,000 needed new window switch on center console and 34,000 miles needed new injectors. All of this was covered under warranty. Of course the tires are useless, mine are all cracked and will be replacing them with Yokohama Avid T4s. I drove the car from CA to ME 7,500 miles in three weeks and had no problems. Prior to that I was going to get rid of it at 3 years. Know I will keep since it is almost paid off. I would not recommend saturn of Fresno service mechanics forgot to tighten bolts and left a screwdriver under the hood that I found.

Great Bang for Your Buck
By Sunny California on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

43K miles and like new! Resale is higher than any other domestic small car and many imports. Five speed is very fun to drive. Drawbacks: front seats for long drives (+3 hours) and factory tires are noisier/poorer handling than I'd like in exchange for long life. Replaced them with sport tires (I drive aggressively) and it's actually about 10-15% quieter now--I was surprised. Really enjoy the good Stereo, the moonroof, adjustments to driver's seat and oil life monitor (simple feature, but it's the small stuff that makes the biggest difference). For performance buffs, Saturns are raced in SCCA competition with a plethora of performance parts and suppliers.

Great Buy
By lamahaba on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I have had my Saturn for almost three years, put tons of miles on it and it's still running strong! The only problems I have had with it were due to an accident which was my fault. I'd highly recommend this car!

my saturn
By amanda_in5 on 03/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I loved my saturn it was a very reliable car, drove nice and was very comfortable. And excellent safety features for a small car. I hit a tree head on at about 50mph, and didn't have a scratch or bruise on me. I was wearing my seatbelt, and even when the airbag deployed, it never touched my face. excellent car:)

2000 SATURN SL2
By SPR on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

THIS CAR IS VERY DEPENDABLE, THE LARGEST PROBLEM I HAVE HAD YET,WAS A FLAT TIRE.

saturn sl2
By markinj on 02/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

Loved the first 2 1/2 years but seams like now everything is falling apart. Replaced a sensor,the horn has stopped working, repalced intake gasket and now the check engine light is on.

Two many repairs for a kind of new car
By wifescar on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

After having the car for a little over a year there was a crack engine mount and problems with the exhaust system, resulting in over $700 to pass inspection. Recently a coolant leave occurred along with issues with the water pump, once again resulting on about $700 worth of repairs. Way to much money to have to be spending on a relatively new car. Already have 60k miles on it, but still these problems shouldn't be happening.

2000 SL2
By klsmith on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

My Saturn is less than 3 years old and within the last month everything fell apart. I've already done $800 in repairs and now they are saying I need another $800 worth. Saturns are only good for a few years, so lease rather than buy. Notice that there are few older Saturns on the road. Resale value not as high as other makes.