Used 2000 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Saturn S-series - Consumer Reviews

2000 Saturn S-Series

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

Great car!
By Julie

2000 Saturn S-Series SC2 3dr Coupe

This is my favorite of all the cars I've owned. I've never had any problems with it other than normal maintenance and wear and tear issues. And I don't know anyone else who gets an average of 34 miles per gallon. I'm keeping it until Saturn re-introduces it.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, fun to drive, good performance

Suggested Improvements

Seat belt could use some adjusting (goes right across the neck); water/snow get in the truck when it opens

A great family car
By love my saturn

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

After we found out the hard way Neons are easy to steal, we bought our first Saturn and it's been great. It's got high miles and still runs like it was new. I totally suggest if you are looking for a great family car, the SL2 4 door is the way to go.

Favorite Features

Fuel mileage, plastic body, very fun to drive.

She's always there for me
By jess

2000 Saturn S-Series SC1 3dr Coupe

I purchased this car after totaling my previous one. Although I wasn't thrilled at first; I wanted a Nissan, I have come to love my Saturn. I bought it 3 years ago and have put 85K on it. And the only things I have had to replace are some tires and a battery. I love the gas mileage, it has a great sound system for factory and it's incredibly reliable. I do wish the interior was in a little better shape, my headliner looks awful, but the paint and all the things still work. I was in a very tiny fender bender and my car looks like it was in a much more serious accident. The other car was fine. So, I wish it were made out of metal, not plastic. All in all, for the price, it's a great car!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

No bucket seats in the back, thank goodness I don't have to sit back there

Love It!
By cjweb930

2000 Saturn S-Series SC2 3dr Coupe

I have had this car for 4 years and it is 7 years old. I love driving it I feel like I'm in a luxury go-cart! I have never had a problem with this vehicle. I change my oil every 3-5 thousand miles and so far, that is the only maintenance I have ever had to do to it. I love this car.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, handling

Suggested Improvements

Seats could be a bit more comfortable

2000 Saturn SL2
By coolbic

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I would sum this car up to OK. It has good economy (37MPG highway) but tends to lack the goods inside. Lots of road noise even with new tires, arm rest breaks, rattles, no seat comfort, long trips can wear on the back and bum, and I guess I could go on for days. The running gear has caused a lot of problems for me. Car had 50K when purchased and the fuel pump failed (leaving me stranded) and lots of little things were broke. Catalytic convertor had to be replaced from the motor burning oil. The oil burning is out of control and is getting worse. At this point all of the suspension system has been replaced. Some maintenance is expected, but this all was before 110K.

Favorite Features

Acceptable acceleration. Fuel economy. Gauge layout

Suggested Improvements

Better interior materials