2000 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:
A good commuting vehicle
By Dennis on 06/03/05 14:26 PM (PDT)

2000 Saturn S-Series SW2 4dr Wagon

We bought our Saturn wagon used from Enterprise Car Sales. It was one year old and a lease return. We have had it for over four years and it has run excellently with only periodic maintenance. The only complaint I have is that the driver's seat is not designed as well ergonomically as I would like, and there is not enough room between my right leg and the center console, so I'm always bumping against it. Overall, we are very pleased with this vehicle and I would definitely look at buying another Saturn in the future.

Getting the job done...
By Skii on 05/02/05 11:02 AM (PDT)

2000 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I drive 25m each way to work daily. This car has been getting 34mpg on average, very good with gas at $2.25 a gallon (in NY). I have a 5 speed, so power is not a problem because you simply downshift. It is fun to drive with the stick. And easier on brakes. The polymer panels are great for the northeast and the body should last a long time, appearance wise. Most cars rust out. I like the SOHC engine. Less moving parts and better engine wear I feel.

Saturn Wagon 2000
By julie on 04/02/05 15:41 PM (PST)

2000 Saturn S-Series SW2 4dr Wagon

This car has a high idle problem that we have not been able to identify. The O2 sensors were replaced, but that didn't stop the high idle. Clutch needed replacing at 67000 miles, now the clutch pedal linkage needs to be replaced or jury-rigged to take up the slack. The seats are uncomfortable. All of the windows fog up when there is a heavy rain. It has never left me stranded and it gets around 30 mpg.

A great car
By Hudson83 on 03/18/05 15:56 PM (PST)

2000 Saturn S-Series SC2 3dr Coupe

When I was shopping for a new car, I had my heart set on a Honda, but I am very pleased with my Saturn. It is very fun to drive and gets great gas mileage. I got a good deal on it and have not had any problems or complaints at all. I would recomend it to anyone, especially if you are a student who needs a good looking car that will save you money. It has a sportier look than most other models and despite what others have said, I think it is comfortable to drive. However, if you are a larger person, a coupe may be a little small.

Not Recommended
By junolake on 03/09/05 21:37 PM (PST)

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

This vehicle served us well until about 65k. Then, it started to break, and break, and break. Replaced engine twice before it died for good. Head gasket o-rings leaked and caused it to smoke, wheel bearings went out at 70k, many electrical problems like no auto drivers window and map lights didn't work. Fuel pump failed at 120k. Many problems, many minor and many major. Always fixing it.

No problems
By louie on 01/01/05 04:23 AM (PST)

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

It treated me very well all I do is routine checkups. It's a little stiff changing gears, and the seats are way too low and hard to exit the car. Besides that, it's a city car. Very good for day to day travel .

Reliable and Economical
By nlp on 09/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I have never had any major problems with this vehicle.

SATURN SC1 COUPE
By GREATDOG on 08/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saturn S-Series SC1 3dr Coupe

WE PURCHASED THIS VEHICLE NEW AND HAVE HAD IT IN FOR EVERY SCHEDULED MAINT. CHECK THEY CALL FOR,THIS BEING SAID WE HAVE HAD IT IN THE SHOP ATLEAST 13+ TIMES FOR REPAIRS, 5-TIMES FOR THE THROTTLE BODY UNIT 2-TIMES FOR THE SUNROOF LEAKING 2-TIMES FOR THE STARTER REPLACED 1-TIME FOR THE FLYWHEEL 1-TIME FOR THE IDLE 1-TIME FOR THE POSITIVE BATTERY CABLE CORRODED THRU BOLT IN BATTERY 1-TIME FOR THE PLASTIC PIECE ON THE DOOR HINGE POPPING WHEN OPENED THEY REPLACED AND IT STILL MAKES NOISE WHEN OPENED I FOUND THE METAL THAT THIS BOLTS TOO IS CRACKED AND IT WON'T BE LONG BEFORE THIS BREAKS THE VINYL ON THE SEATS ARE CRACKED AND COMING APART.

I love my Saturn!
By val131212 on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan

I really enjoy driving my saturn. It is economical, fun, reliable, and cute.

The Great PlasticMobile
By Cheech on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

My Saturn is pretty fun to drive, practical, and good on gas which is a great thing nowadays. However, over the past couple years, I've noticed that it's not as quiet and smooth as it once was. The engine rumbles when it's cold, the transmission is a bit notchier than before, and some interior pieces are becoming a bit rattly. The fact that they are predominantly hard plastic doesn't help. Saturn plastic side panels are a great idea, in theory. Unfortunately, in colder climates like where I live, the plastic hardens in the winter, so instead of rebounding, they shatter. Happened to the bottom of my bumper last winter.