2000 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:
Great car!
By Julie on 03/04/08 10:10 AM (PST)

2000 Saturn S-Series SC2 3dr Coupe

This is my favorite of all the cars I've owned. I've never had any problems with it other than normal maintenance and wear and tear issues. And I don't know anyone else who gets an average of 34 miles per gallon. I'm keeping it until Saturn re-introduces it.

A great family car
By love my saturn on 02/02/08 18:50 PM (PST)

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

After we found out the hard way Neons are easy to steal, we bought our first Saturn and it's been great. It's got high miles and still runs like it was new. I totally suggest if you are looking for a great family car, the SL2 4 door is the way to go.

She's always there for me
By jess on 01/26/08 23:12 PM (PST)

2000 Saturn S-Series SC1 3dr Coupe

I purchased this car after totaling my previous one. Although I wasn't thrilled at first; I wanted a Nissan, I have come to love my Saturn. I bought it 3 years ago and have put 85K on it. And the only things I have had to replace are some tires and a battery. I love the gas mileage, it has a great sound system for factory and it's incredibly reliable. I do wish the interior was in a little better shape, my headliner looks awful, but the paint and all the things still work. I was in a very tiny fender bender and my car looks like it was in a much more serious accident. The other car was fine. So, I wish it were made out of metal, not plastic. All in all, for the price, it's a great car!

Love It!
By cjweb930 on 10/15/07 13:09 PM (PDT)

2000 Saturn S-Series SC2 3dr Coupe

I have had this car for 4 years and it is 7 years old. I love driving it I feel like I'm in a luxury go-cart! I have never had a problem with this vehicle. I change my oil every 3-5 thousand miles and so far, that is the only maintenance I have ever had to do to it. I love this car.

2000 Saturn SL2
By coolbic on 07/05/07 13:36 PM (PDT)

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I would sum this car up to OK. It has good economy (37MPG highway) but tends to lack the goods inside. Lots of road noise even with new tires, arm rest breaks, rattles, no seat comfort, long trips can wear on the back and bum, and I guess I could go on for days. The running gear has caused a lot of problems for me. Car had 50K when purchased and the fuel pump failed (leaving me stranded) and lots of little things were broke. Catalytic convertor had to be replaced from the motor burning oil. The oil burning is out of control and is getting worse. At this point all of the suspension system has been replaced. Some maintenance is expected, but this all was before 110K.

Saturn: Out Of This World
By Jay Cool on 03/29/07 07:38 AM (PDT)

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

It needs more power. Clutch feel is a little too sloppy, and it takes about 12-20 miles of driving to warm it up enough to get it shifting smooth. I also have a head gasket leak so it's dumping coolant in the engine and burning it off, and I have to dump a quart of oil in about every 1000 miles. Other than that, and the easy to crack plastic, the vibrating and crackling speakers, and the too small interior for me, it's OK. If you're looking for a cheap car it's fine.

Great Car
By ED on 02/24/07 13:07 PM (PST)

2000 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan

Never had problem with it. Very fuel efficient. I've put over 40k miles and stills run great and strong. Next car will be another Saturn. They made these cars to last.

Slowly Began to Annoy Me
By Cgrl on 12/11/06 17:37 PM (PST)

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

No major mechanical problem with the car. Has good mileage and has served me well. Me and the car have a relationship of convenience. It's a used economy car so I'll try to be fair. Rattling and minor repairs are expected. Still, the car has no acceleration (unsafe on highway, hills), badly designed, uncomfotable interior. Cup holder in careless location, torture seats, no sun-visor mirror on drivers side. Bad visability, frame gets in way, etc. Get a Honda. Just because it is an economy car doesn't mean that the litte things don't matter. It doesn't actually cost more to design a car in a sensible way, but it costs thousands when you lose what could have been a life long customer

Stay Away!
By carlym615 on 09/30/06 22:24 PM (PDT)

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 45K on it in Aug of 2000. I thought it would be a reliable car for me to go off to college in. Not 15 miles from the dealership it stopped going. The battery and fuel pump had to be replaced. In Aug of '01 I had to have the transmission rebuilt. The mechanic said that he saw Saturns in there all the time with tranny problems. Since then my sunroof and CD player quit working. The windshield wipers decide when they'd like to work, as do the map lights. I thought this would be a good car to keep around and now I'm forking over the additional money and going with an Accord.

Appearances are deceiving.
By Ian Clarke on 08/22/06 17:54 PM (PDT)

2000 Saturn S-Series SW2 4dr Wagon

Dreadful fuel economy. Poor turning radius. Difficult to get in and out of. Service Engine Soon light will not extinguish. Brakes lasted a year. Other than that Mrs. Lincoln, the play was OK.