Used 2000 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

2000 Saturn S-Series

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

Love My Saturn
By RBryceland

2000 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I leased this SL2 new 10 years ago and then purchased it when the lease term was up. It was the best thing I ever did. Gas mileage? Great! Peppiness? Yep! I've taken care of it and it's taken care of me. I've just purchased a new wagon (not a Saturn as the division is kaput) and instead of trading in the SL2, I've given it to my sister. She's thrilled.

MPG! Great. Fun to drive. Exterior. Ride is great for a small car. Easy to park.

The horn takes too much effort to honk. But it doesn't matter since the division is no more.

Still Running After All These Years
By Killer Bee

2000 Saturn S-Series SW2 4dr Wagon

I bought this Saturn SW2 used with 120,000 miles for $2K. It needed just a little maintenance (new spark plugs, air filter, replaced dislodged driver- side headlight assembly, some running rust (primed and painted that) and a wheel alignment). Got on the road and it runs like a dream. Despite a high idle (800 RPM) I can get 35 mpg on the highway. The exterior is excellent; my compliments to the only other owner that had this wagon. This is my fourth Saturn and I'm going to keep it as long as possible. GM made a mistake dropping this reliable brand.

Reliability, easy to maintain, decent cargo space, gas mileage, safety features. There are on-line shops that can help you maintain it since most GM dealerships don't carry Saturn parts anymore.

Seats; they could have been made better. Needed a more user-friendly interior. The high idle is evident in almost all Saturn four-bangers. That's it.

Goodbye to a Good Friend
By SaturnFan

2000 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

This was my first brand new car purchased during the first year of my first "real" job. It has never ever let me down. It has gone through a foot of Wisconsin snow as well as the sweltering heat of an Alabama summer. For 10 years it has been my best friend, always there when I needed it. It is too bad the Saturn Car Company is no longer around. I would definitely have purchased another made in America Gem. As it stands, she will be replaced with a Honda Civic, the only thing I could find remotely comparable and still supporting American jobs. Should you find yourself in the place to purchase one of these beauties, do not hesitate.

Cruise, Style, Bucket Seats, CD Player, Power Locks, Windows, Mirrors

Roof Rack addition

Through the years
By LK

2000 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

Got the car in Spring of 04 to drive me out from Ohio to California. It did the job. Although, the idol has ALWAYS given me problems. Idol increases when car is not moving. It broke down in 05 and the fuel injectors needed replaced. New battery in 07. In 09 it started running bad. It does not accelerate as good as did before, and the engine is rough. Driver and passenger side windows are slow moving and sometimes to even go down or up. Sadly, I will have to replace it. I thought it would last longer, but still not bad. I would not buy another Saturn.

Size. Fog lights are always on, even in daytime. Trunk space is fairly roomy. Good gas mileage. Never had any electrical problems. Easy to replace air filter myself.

Don't have power window switches on middle console. A/C and heater are not that powerful. Fix the idol!

my college ride
By collegedrive19

2000 Saturn S-Series SC2 3dr Coupe

I found it funny that i bought a GM built car at a Ford dealer. I got this car about 6 months ago as my first car and to get me to college and back. For under 5 grand i got my SC2 with just over 100,000 miles on it. So far i have put nearly 2,500 miles on it and have had few problems. The driver window is hesitant and wont work if wet. Water pools, yes POOLs, in the side pockets in the trunk. Im sure this only happens because it never stops raining in Seattle.Plus the rear back up light rusted out, went in to get it fixed and of course the car just happened to fix itself. Other wise, its a fun small car getting 25 mpg combined (30+ highway) that just wont quit.

stock stereo(only goes so high), comfort, mpg, style, reliable, easy to fix, overall good visibility except at third door. Its a great car, American too.

Water leaks and window problem. I find myself leaning in the seat. Rear seats are awkward. Interior is a little loose in the dash.