Used 2000 Saturn S-Series Coupe Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Saturn S-Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

Suprised, Not Shocked!
By brewcity

2000 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe

I purchased the vehicle in late 2006, and the vehicle had roughly 56,000 miles on it. The car is in good condition and have made some decent long "distant" trips and has not disappointed me on trips YET!

I average about 29.5 mi/gal. Respectively I have not had a HUGE engine problem. The entire cloth is clean and in good shape, and the outside is clean. Good for winter driving, unless you get banked in.

The braking system is kind of soft, and not your typical easing to stop. I have had to replace the Computer Module, wheel bearings, tie rods, Emission Control System. "Respectively" $2500~ in repairs. Oil has tendency to burn. No reason Saturn is done with.

A Workhorse
By Jason

2000 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC1 3dr Coupe

My Saturn SC1 3-door coupe has been a workhorse since I first purchased it over 10 years ago. In Texas, I used to drive back and forth to Florida, Alabama, Louisiana quite often and had no trouble. I then moved to Southern California and had to contend with the traffic here which has pushed it to its limits. I have over 130k miles, do regular preventative maintenance and have never had any major problems. I've had to replace the battery and tires a few times and just recently had a new water pump installed. Other than that, I love this car. I hope to push it up to the 250k mileage mark. When the time comes, I'm going to hate replacing this reliable vehicle. RIP Saturn.

Gas Mileage, Mechanical Reliability, Durable Exterior panels, Sound System (I still have the stock speakers and they play just as well as they did when they were brand new)

Seat Comfort, Trunk has no spring so you have to lower it carefully or you'll find yourself slamming it accidentally, Gas Cap could have been improved upon

my college ride
By collegedrive19

2000 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe

I found it funny that i bought a GM built car at a Ford dealer. I got this car about 6 months ago as my first car and to get me to college and back. For under 5 grand i got my SC2 with just over 100,000 miles on it. So far i have put nearly 2,500 miles on it and have had few problems. The driver window is hesitant and wont work if wet. Water pools, yes POOLs, in the side pockets in the trunk. Im sure this only happens because it never stops raining in Seattle.Plus the rear back up light rusted out, went in to get it fixed and of course the car just happened to fix itself. Other wise, its a fun small car getting 25 mpg combined (30+ highway) that just wont quit.

stock stereo(only goes so high), comfort, mpg, style, reliable, easy to fix, overall good visibility except at third door. Its a great car, American too.

Water leaks and window problem. I find myself leaning in the seat. Rear seats are awkward. Interior is a little loose in the dash.

Huge Saturn Fan
By SaturnFan

2000 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe

This has been the greatest car I have ever owned. Reliable, superb gas mileage (I still get around 32 mpg, 10 years on) and good in snow, believe it or not.

It's a tiny tank. Northern New England winters are perilous; this car has NEVER let me down. I love this car.

Rides very low; can't take my 86 year old dad out in it anymore because he can't get out of it easily.

Not bad, great on gas
By rossic

2000 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe

Got the SC2 in 2004 with 76k miles. Have put on hard highway and around town miles (I'm not easy on cars) up to 122k now. Very reliable starting and driving, not so much for interior, fit, finish, peripheral engine parts, etc. Have needed to replace coolant temp sensor, fuel pump, automatic trans speed sensor, everything else routine. Engine burns oil slowly (have heard this is a Saturn problem) and loses coolant during cold months. Terrible on snow and ice due to very light weight. Nearly unusable rear seats, uncomfortable front. Everything shakes at highway speeds (also seems to be common on this model), loud, cheap interior. Great gas mileage, decent looks, easy to drive, low power

Gas mileage! Easy to drive, no-dent exterior panels, third door makes back seat entry more reasonable. Overall, a fairly good cheap commuter car

Improved quality interior, better ergonomics, seats, noise dampening, etc. More power for hills and highway speeds. All this would also make it a more expensive car, thus defeating the purpose of this model.