2000 Saturn S-Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:
Suprised, Not Shocked!
By brewcity on 06/09/10 12:50 PM (PDT)

2000 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe

I purchased the vehicle in late 2006, and the vehicle had roughly 56,000 miles on it. The car is in good condition and have made some decent long "distant" trips and has not disappointed me on trips YET!

A Workhorse
By Jason on 04/29/10 10:46 AM (PDT)

2000 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC1 3dr Coupe

My Saturn SC1 3-door coupe has been a workhorse since I first purchased it over 10 years ago. In Texas, I used to drive back and forth to Florida, Alabama, Louisiana quite often and had no trouble. I then moved to Southern California and had to contend with the traffic here which has pushed it to its limits. I have over 130k miles, do regular preventative maintenance and have never had any major problems. I've had to replace the battery and tires a few times and just recently had a new water pump installed. Other than that, I love this car. I hope to push it up to the 250k mileage mark. When the time comes, I'm going to hate replacing this reliable vehicle. RIP Saturn.

my college ride
By collegedrive19 on 11/23/09 03:25 AM (PST)

2000 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe

I found it funny that i bought a GM built car at a Ford dealer. I got this car about 6 months ago as my first car and to get me to college and back. For under 5 grand i got my SC2 with just over 100,000 miles on it. So far i have put nearly 2,500 miles on it and have had few problems. The driver window is hesitant and wont work if wet. Water pools, yes POOLs, in the side pockets in the trunk. Im sure this only happens because it never stops raining in Seattle.Plus the rear back up light rusted out, went in to get it fixed and of course the car just happened to fix itself. Other wise, its a fun small car getting 25 mpg combined (30+ highway) that just wont quit.

Huge Saturn Fan
By SaturnFan on 05/04/09 05:40 AM (PDT)

2000 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe

This has been the greatest car I have ever owned. Reliable, superb gas mileage (I still get around 32 mpg, 10 years on) and good in snow, believe it or not.

Not bad, great on gas
By rossic on 02/16/09 12:33 PM (PST)

2000 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe

Got the SC2 in 2004 with 76k miles. Have put on hard highway and around town miles (I'm not easy on cars) up to 122k now. Very reliable starting and driving, not so much for interior, fit, finish, peripheral engine parts, etc. Have needed to replace coolant temp sensor, fuel pump, automatic trans speed sensor, everything else routine. Engine burns oil slowly (have heard this is a Saturn problem) and loses coolant during cold months. Terrible on snow and ice due to very light weight. Nearly unusable rear seats, uncomfortable front. Everything shakes at highway speeds (also seems to be common on this model), loud, cheap interior. Great gas mileage, decent looks, easy to drive, low power

Low Maintenace and 40mpgs!
By Matt on 06/23/08 14:12 PM (PDT)

2000 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC1 3dr Coupe

I've put 103,000 miles on my Saturn since I bought it used in 2002. The only real "problem" I've had is the sunroof stopped working at 120,000 miles. With regular maintenace this car has travelled to all 4 corners of Ohio and back again with me and I've never had any electrical, mechanical, or body problems at all. Sometimes I think I have a miracle car. The original window sticker says 40mpg Highway and it's still getting that! About a year ago, I almost traded it in, but now everytime gas prices go up, I keep deciding to keep it till it dies....if that day ever comes!

Great car!
By Julie on 03/04/08 10:10 AM (PST)

2000 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe

This is my favorite of all the cars I've owned. I've never had any problems with it other than normal maintenance and wear and tear issues. And I don't know anyone else who gets an average of 34 miles per gallon. I'm keeping it until Saturn re-introduces it.

She's always there for me
By jess on 01/26/08 23:12 PM (PST)

2000 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC1 3dr Coupe

I purchased this car after totaling my previous one. Although I wasn't thrilled at first; I wanted a Nissan, I have come to love my Saturn. I bought it 3 years ago and have put 85K on it. And the only things I have had to replace are some tires and a battery. I love the gas mileage, it has a great sound system for factory and it's incredibly reliable. I do wish the interior was in a little better shape, my headliner looks awful, but the paint and all the things still work. I was in a very tiny fender bender and my car looks like it was in a much more serious accident. The other car was fine. So, I wish it were made out of metal, not plastic. All in all, for the price, it's a great car!

Love It!
By cjweb930 on 10/15/07 13:09 PM (PDT)

2000 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe

I have had this car for 4 years and it is 7 years old. I love driving it I feel like I'm in a luxury go-cart! I have never had a problem with this vehicle. I change my oil every 3-5 thousand miles and so far, that is the only maintenance I have ever had to do to it. I love this car.

A great car
By Hudson83 on 03/18/05 15:56 PM (PST)

2000 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 3dr Coupe

When I was shopping for a new car, I had my heart set on a Honda, but I am very pleased with my Saturn. It is very fun to drive and gets great gas mileage. I got a good deal on it and have not had any problems or complaints at all. I would recomend it to anyone, especially if you are a student who needs a good looking car that will save you money. It has a sportier look than most other models and despite what others have said, I think it is comfortable to drive. However, if you are a larger person, a coupe may be a little small.