1999 Saturn S-Series Consumer Review: To Start, or not to Start, tha

1999 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Review

SC1 Coupe (1.9L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

To Start, or not to Start, that is the question...
By krad007 on

1999 Saturn S-Series SC1 2dr Coupe

I just bought a 1999 SC2 automatic coupe. It's a good little car, and hopefully will get me through a rough patch in my life. However, in approximately 1 out of every 5 starts, it won't. It behaves as if the battery is dead. The dealer I bought it from has replaced the battery, as well as the starter, and the problem remains. He did this on the advice of two auto technicians, and it was tested prior to doing so. I didn't have this issue on my 2003 L200, which was totaled in an accident in February :( I have the owners manual out in my front seat, and am doing what it tells me to do when I start it and when I park it. Any ideas? No car, no work for me!:( Thank you.
By klh2004a
on 05/24/13 08:41 AM (PDT)

I've experienced a similar issue when I bought my 99 SC-1. I found a relay, behind the kick panel the passenger's side of the center dash stack, that I could hear click when I turned the key. I took it could and gave it a couple raps with my knuckle and haven't had any problems for past 1 1/2 years that I have had the car.