Bought new and still have 13 years later!
By jdavi25 on
1999 Saturn S-Series SC1 2dr Coupe
I bought my 99' SL2 at 18 years old. It has been the best car! It fits me like a glove. The gas mileage has always been close, or above 40 MPG. The car is spoiled. It has all proper maintenance performed, and the car looks great inside and out. The paint has started to fade only on the rear spoiler. I am thinking of having that touched up. I do have the sunroof option, and the drains need to be cleaned once a year so they do not clog and cause leaking. I have had to replace the speakers, one power window motor, and the alternator all after the 10 year mark. When it came time to make the repairs I really did not feel bad because the car never gave me any trouble before.
Favorite Features
The leather interior that requires care, but is still looking nice. I love the manual trans. It is hard to find a fully loaded car with a manual now days. My seats are very comfortable. The #1 best feature......the polymer panels that are dent resistant as well as rust proof! Another reason my car still looks great! I bought a 2007 Saturn Vue when I found out Saturn was not going to be using this material after 07'. (My wife drives that vehicle) Other people complement the car, and thinks it is much newer then it is. I have always had tinted windows on the car. I had them re-tinted a fews years ago. I feel it helped protect the interior from the sun. Traction control! LOVE IT!
Suggested Improvements
I know it will not happen, but bring Saturn and the S series cars back!!! I planned on driving S series cars the rest of my life. I am doing my best to keep my car new, but wish I could buy a new one again! So with that said.....no reason to wish, or request improvements when no one will be able to do anything. Huge mistake that 2002 was the last year for this model. I will continue to drive my car I live very close to work, and bike sometimes so I only have 96k on the car. I now drive it about 2k a year in nice weather. No plans to get rid of it. I am happy driving it another 13 years! I am happy to get behind the wheel of this car!!!