Used 1999 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews - 153 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

1999 Saturn S-Series

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

Great Car
By Anonymous

1999 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

This is our 3rd S series car, and like the first 2, a very reliable ride. The S series is very simple, economical transportation. Routine maintenance is all that has been needed. This car gets around 32 MPG, 36 on the highway. We bought this one with 70k miles. It now has 200K miles. 2 sets of tires,drive belt, and and cleaned the EGR valve once. Thats it. You will get bored with it before you wear it out!

Simple to work on. MPG. No rust.

Cupholders!

Great little car
By green saturn girl

1999 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

When I bought my Saturn I never expected to have it for 11 years! Hardly a problem. Tires replaced once; brakes replaced once; just keeps going! Great gas mileage. One downfall; burns a lot of oil so you have to keep up on changes, not the greatest in the snow.

Plastic exterior keeps car looking new. GREAT gas mileage. Very little repair.

This car has served me well
By Degs

1999 Saturn S-Series SC2 3dr Coupe

I've had my Saturn for 6 years now, and am just now considering selling it because I need a bigger car. I have literally driven this car across the country and back, in the summer and winter, through mountains and desert and never had a problem. This car has been my baby and I've taken very good care of it. At around 125,000 miles I had the brakes replaced, and about 1000 miles later had to replace the heater core and thermostat. It has about 130,000 miles on it now and it needs a new front wheel bearing. The engine, transmission, clutch and exhaust have never given me any problems and still have no signs of wearing out. This has been a fun but reliable car for me, and I'll miss driving it.

I drove 2100 miles for $150 when gas was about $3.50/gallon. This car has insane fuel economy when you use cruise control. Having plastic parts actually prevented this car from getting some serious body damage. It's been hit 4 times while parked, but only has some scratches to show for it.

The seats aren't very comfortable. Marathon driving like I used to do gets pretty uncomfortable. Also, the interior is pretty cheap and easily damaged.

=)
By Michelle

1999 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

Best car I've ever owned! great gas mileage, no major problems, 182,000 miles and still going strong.

mpg.

The most reliable car I've ever owned
By Prim

1999 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I drive short hops. This is hard on cars, I know. Prior to this I had a VW which I loved. It was fun. My SL1 isn't as much fun. But it just goes, day in and day out. I get about 30 mph. I've only had one --one!-- problem and that was only a matter of needing a tune up. I am so sorry Saturn was shut down. I personally think they had the best of all the American cars. So sad.

It always goes -- no worries. Turn the key and go.

This particular model is very low to the ground. Harder to get out of, eleven years later.