Used 1999 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Saturn S-series - Consumer Reviews

1999 Saturn S-Series

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

Most Helpful|
My '99 SC1
By A. De Ribas

1999 Saturn S-Series SC1 3dr Coupe

This is one of the most reliable cars I have owend. We had to replace a belt at $112.00 and the normal things. Still runs strong at 130,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Styling, sporty looking. Cheap to maintain.

Suggested Improvements

Interior storage, pockets on the rear seats.

I Love my Car!!!!!
By sweatin in texas

1999 Saturn S-Series SC1 2dr Coupe

I have had the best time driving around in my car, it has plenty of power and design. I think it is cute looking as well as sporty, and the inside is cozy.

Favorite Features

I like the seat design for the back, the cup holders inbetween the back seats is very convient with a 6 year old and the center console is very accesible.

Suggested Improvements

I only wish they would of done 2 things different, 1 is to move the hand brake and move the gear shift back a little, because when i am shifting it hits my drinks and turns the air off. and in texas that is a bad thing.

Fine car for 4 buck gas
By Chaz

1999 Saturn S-Series SC1 3dr Coupe

I purchased this car for my then college kid daughter. I've been driving it for 4 years and love the 38mpg economy. Maintenance costs are average for Vermont with our horrible roads. So far so good with no engine work or transmission costs. As you would expect with a car this small, long trips are a pain in the usual spots. 107k miles and counting.

Favorite Features

Those cheap fillups and nimble steering. Sunroof is a nice feature but be sure to close it in a land of near constant rain.

Suggested Improvements

A five speed standard would be a better match than the rather sluggish 4 auto trans.

Great Car. It Saved 2 lifes.
By Nicky Popo

1999 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

Got My Saturn in March 2003 and its one of the Best Cars I have ever ownned. In the 6 1/2 Years I owned this car I only had to Put two new tires on it and got it with 30'000 Miles. While stopped for a turn my 6 month Pregnant wife was rear ended by a van doing 50 mph and pushed into oncoming traffic where she was hit Head on again by a Mercury Grand doing 50. She and the Baby were fine. Bumps, and cuts thats All. I know this car saved her and the Babies Life. This car was a Miracle. I wanted to keep this car forever.

Favorite Features

Paint looks like new, Great Gas Mileage, Reliabily, Great Pickup.

Suggested Improvements

The Fact that I cant buy a new one now.

To Start, or not to Start, that is the question...
By krad007

1999 Saturn S-Series SC1 3dr Coupe

I just bought a 1999 SC2 automatic coupe. It's a good little car, and hopefully will get me through a rough patch in my life. However, in approximately 1 out of every 5 starts, it won't. It behaves as if the battery is dead. The dealer I bought it from has replaced the battery, as well as the starter, and the problem remains. He did this on the advice of two auto technicians, and it was tested prior to doing so. I didn't have this issue on my 2003 L200, which was totaled in an accident in February :( I have the owners manual out in my front seat, and am doing what it tells me to do when I start it and when I park it. Any ideas? No car, no work for me!:( Thank you.