1999 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews 13

1999 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:
It'a a'ight!
By DanSSman on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

Before my wife and I got married she maintained the car all on her own. Now that we're married I've been promoted to grease monkey. Thankfully there have little to no repairs needed for this vehicle. The car is a trooper and gets great gas mileage. Would I drive it and feel like the king of? NO!! but it's gets you from point A to B with no headaches.

Great Car for the money
By crossford on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan

My SL has served me well. No problems. Great gas mileage. Good power. Does not have a choppy ride like other smaller cars. For the money, you can't beat it. Go ahead and spend $5000 or $6000 more for a Honda or Toyota. I don't think you will be much happier.

Good Basic Transportation
By gds216 on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I drive approximately 18,000/yr and in a year and a half I have nothing other than routine maintenance expenses. Mine has no other options than AT & AC and is nothing fancy. But I think it's more comfortable than my wifes Impreza RS and get much better gas mileage (about 38mpg hwy). For a student or commuter on a budget, this would be a perfect car.

a heck of a commuter
By abe from cali on 01/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I do have to say that i love this car. i've had the car for only a couple of months, but i've already put about 4000 miles on it and its doing great. the car is at 124000 miles and theres yet to be anything wrong other than scheduled maintanence. However it does get sortof uncomfortable to sit in after 4-6 hours of constant driving. So i suggest you give your back a rest on long drives in this baby, cause it'll be a while before you need to fill up. With 3 passengers it gets pretty weighted down but still holds decent. and somtimes the acceleration kicks in all at once (i hate that!). but other than that, a great car, and a steal of a deal.

I think I got a lemon
By cb24 on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Saturn S-Series SC1 2dr Coupe

I had to put $3,300 worth of work into this car and it was a 4 year lease!!!! None of these problems were my fault. I will never buy another Saturn again.

Could be worse
By lisao on 12/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Saturn S-Series SW2 4dr Wagon

Rather basic transportation, but very reliable. About as exciting as white rice but it will get you there and back every time.

best yet!
By pat buxton on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Saturn S-Series SW2 4dr Wagon

I have enjoyed this car immensely. I have had no major difficulties in over 3 and one half years of use. Saturns are one of the best American cars on the road, and are improving every year. Can anything good come out of Tennessee? Of course!

boring but it works
By zack99mini on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan

Reliable commuter car. Not great for families or long trips.

Good Car Value
By steve in virginia on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I've had my Saturn SL2 since 8/98. Other than getting a bolt tightened on one of the windshield wipers ($19.50), I've had no out-of-pocket expenses except routine maintenance items. This is my 2nd Saturn since 3/1995. The 1st one was an SL1. I prefer the SL2 because the slightly bigger engine has more accleration and is more fun to drive.

Basic Review
By kemrich on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan

Great commute car. Excellent exterior and interior. Daughter now has car. Fuel is great, over 28mph consistently.