1998 Saturn S-Series 1.9L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - I owe this car a

1998 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Review

SC2 Coupe (1.9L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

I owe this car a review - It's well earned.
By gtomonster on

1998 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

I created an account just for the purpose to compliment this vehicle. It's my wifes car, we've had it for about 5 years and 80,000 miles. It's at 166,000 right now and it still runs, drives, and looks great. I'm 6'3" 200lbs so I'm not a fan of smaller cars, but really this isn't too bad. Plain and simple, it is without a doubt the most affordable, most reliable, trouble free car I have EVER owned, been around or known of - Period. I'm my own mechanic, I know cars and I know things like brakes, tires, and mufflers wear out. That's about all we've had to replace on this car - And the best part is all the parts are super cheap! Average of 30 MPG with a driving ratio of 70 hwy/ 30 city

Favorite Features

Fun, zippy little car that is ULTRA reliable. It hauls if you run it through the gears to redline - And yes I do, and yes it's fun, and yes it's still reliable! Looks good and sporty from the outside. Plastic body panels are AWESOME! You always have a dent free car. Too bad the Saturn line has retired.

Suggested Improvements

For the cars price range and purpose I don't think you could ask for more. If I wanted to be picky I would suggest better seats, I don't think it's too confortable after about an hour or two of driving.