1998 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:
I will never buy another Saturn!
By thickntwisted on 04/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

We loved our first one so much (my wife rolled it 4x at 50mph, and barely got a scratch) that we bought another. It's been nothing but problematic. (Long story short)the engine seized completely, resulting in an engine replacement at 50k. It's noisy, runs rough, and has unpredictable fuel economy. All in all, I believe Saturn's quality control has gone downhill, fast!

Review of Saturn SC1
By Coolray on 04/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Saturn S-Series SC1 2dr Coupe

My wife has tried to drive this car into the ground (30,000 miles per year), but it keeps on ticking. We love this car. It's one of the best purchases we've ever made.

review sc2
By erik on 04/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

reliable

Good car for a good price!
By Happysaturnowner on 03/15/02 15:35 PM (PST)

1998 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I have had nothing wrong with this car since I bought it used in 2000. It gets great gas milage and is a comfortable ride. I am always getting compliments on it and every time I take it to the dealer for an oil change the wash my car and leave a carnation on my dashboard. I've never had that happen before! However, I had a Toyota Celica before I got my Saturn and Toyota's & Saturn's do not drive a like. It took me a while to get used to driving the Saturn, it doesn't drive as smoothly as a Toyota does.

I love my Saturn
By Alina on 03/13/02 20:43 PM (PST)

1998 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I love this car. The paint always looks good and I don't have a dent. I have pushed this car to it's limits and it has never let me down.