Used 1998 Saturn S-Series Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Saturn S-series - Consumer Reviews

1998 Saturn S-Series Coupe

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

Underappreciated
By candyyyycane4

1998 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC1 2dr Coupe

This car is such an underappreciated and over looked car. I have had this car since I was 16 and now i'm 22. I took my saturn to college with me which was 6 hrs/360 miles away from home. To say the least this car is TOUGH. I have lugged and tugged plenty of stuff up and down the highway in the car. It has made the trip from kentucky to alabama well over 20 times. It has been very inexpensive to maintain and keep and the gas mileage is amazing espcially on the highway. The car is not an eye catcher but atleast it isn't a pocket picker. I have 175k miles on mine and I am finally looking for a new car to replace it with just to get a little more space.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage Peppy car

Suggested Improvements

NONE

Saturn Suspension
By jeromesanders

1998 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC1 2dr Coupe

New struts/springs make a big difference. I couldn't be happier with my Saturn now. Rides like new, gets me to and from work almost for free compared to my old work car.

I owe this car a review - It's well earned.
By gtomonster

1998 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 2dr Coupe

I created an account just for the purpose to compliment this vehicle. It's my wifes car, we've had it for about 5 years and 80,000 miles. It's at 166,000 right now and it still runs, drives, and looks great. I'm 6'3" 200lbs so I'm not a fan of smaller cars, but really this isn't too bad. Plain and simple, it is without a doubt the most affordable, most reliable, trouble free car I have EVER owned, been around or known of - Period. I'm my own mechanic, I know cars and I know things like brakes, tires, and mufflers wear out. That's about all we've had to replace on this car - And the best part is all the parts are super cheap! Average of 30 MPG with a driving ratio of 70 hwy/ 30 city

Favorite Features

Fun, zippy little car that is ULTRA reliable. It hauls if you run it through the gears to redline - And yes I do, and yes it's fun, and yes it's still reliable! Looks good and sporty from the outside. Plastic body panels are AWESOME! You always have a dent free car. Too bad the Saturn line has retired.

Suggested Improvements

For the cars price range and purpose I don't think you could ask for more. If I wanted to be picky I would suggest better seats, I don't think it's too confortable after about an hour or two of driving.

Won't Quit
By Ken H

1998 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 2dr Coupe

This was my first new car. I've had it for 13-years and the only thing I regret is the resale value (the New Beetle sold the same when new, but has twice the value of my Saturn today). I don't have a "lot" of miles on it (only 100,000 because of my job), but everything works like the day I first bought it. It's so good that, rather than trade it in, I'm giving it to my niece when she moves to LA. I didn't pick this off a dealer lot, I built it online and ordered it from the factory, so maybe I'm biased, but I love the car and would buy it again if I could go back in time.

Favorite Features

I got mine loaded, so there is a lot I like. Sunroof, cruise control (hate worrying about cops), ABS & traction control, 12-disc cd changer, the list goes on.

Suggested Improvements

Power mirrors on BOTH sides of car, Auto- down for passenger window and sun-roof.

So long Saturn
By mello

1998 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC2 2dr Coupe

I owned this car for 4 years before it was totaled in a car accident a few weeks ago. This car was a really great value. Only replaced the water pump and the head gasket. Both I did myself and I am an amateur. Parts were cheap and was easy to work on. Gas mileage was great, too. Everyone who drove it commented on how great the engine was. It looks sporty, too. The car held up very well in the accident. I am going to miss this car.

Favorite Features

The ride was great, great pickup. The look was sporty. Parts were cheap and easy to work on as an amateur if you have the repair manual.

Suggested Improvements

Headlights frosted over, but that happens. No real improvements I can think of. Good buy!