Used 1995 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Saturn S-series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

Love this SL2
By Cincy Mom

1995 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

Bought this 95 Saturn SL2 used from a local dealership in 1999 for $5000.00 and it is the best money I ever spent on a used car. I drove the car myself for about 2 years before my eldest child got her license, then she drove it before it was passed down to my youngest. Other than maintenance, really haven't had to spend too much money on it. Unfortunately, my youngest son drives this car like he's Michael Andretti and hasn't been the best with regular oil changes and now the engine is shot. But this car has been so reliable and economical/efficient to drive he's looking to replace it with another Saturn..sure hope he's learned his lesson about regular upkeep/oil changes!

Favorite Features

Reliable, efficient and economical.

Suggested Improvements

Sits kind of low to the ground, could be a problem for older folks.

Good car
By kruntal

1995 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I bought this car (used) because I want to put fewer miles on the BMW. Since Nov 09 I have put on 5K mi on this. Paid $1100, it had 113K mi, muffler was the only thing that needed replacing ($160). The car is not tight as a new one any more, but runs pretty smooth. Gets 31 mpg on mixed driving, 35 on highways. Uses 1 qt of synthetic every 1000 mi. Cheap on insurance. Gets from point A to B reliably. Very laid back on acceleration. I have touched 70 mph, but mostly do 55, it's comfortable. Gives new meaning to bucket seats, feels like sitting in a bucket. Very low seating, no blocking exterior noise. Reliable, economical, unpretentious car. Could be one of best deals on wheels.

Favorite Features

Economy (initial cost, fuel, maintenance and insurance), reliability, smooth, expansive green house, good night visibility with head lights, easy 5- speed stick, no worries of being stolen.

Suggested Improvements

A 6th, 7th or even 8th gear, I top out on 5th before I hit 35 mph. Reduce oil consumption. Better seats. Too bad they dropped this car.

Great Little Car.
By TonyK

1995 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

I got my SC2 about 5 years ago and love it. It get an average of 36-39 MPG. I put a clutch in it at 140000 miles and 2 water pumps but that's probably because i got the reman pumps. The only downfall is my AC has never worked right. I took it to an AC mechanic and they said it was fixed. 270 dollars later still no ac. I think this is just my car. My friends Saturn's AC is so cold the windows fog up. I'm about to buy another Saturn next week. One more thing. The bushing inside the shifter broke. I had only 3rd and 4th gear. It was 20 bucks off ebay. No biggie.

Favorite Features

The leather seats and lots of low end torque for a 4 cylinder. Very easy to drive. It will start moving with no throttle. My girlfriend has no problem driving my Saturn. Put her in my mustang and its like a nightmare...lol

Suggested Improvements

I wish the car was smoother with less road noise. I know its a cheep car and not a Lexus. My next Saturn is going to be FULL of Dynamat.

Best car ever
By sc2dude

1995 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

I've had this car for 2 months and it been great. I bought it for $700. It has 285,000 miles on it and keeps going. Just burns I little oil but for the mileage you cant beat it.

Favorite Features

pop up headlights and twin cam motor

Suggested Improvements

none they don't make the car anymore

200,000 miles no breakdowns
By 46514

1995 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

What a great car this has been. The only mechanical items I've replaced are the starter at 200,000 and the belt tensioner at about 150,000. I'd recommend the 1995 Saturn to anyone looking for a good dependable used car. 34 MPG combined mileage. I've got the 1.6 SOHC engine.

Favorite Features

34 miles per gallon and the fact it's never let me down.