Used 1995 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:
SL1 Saturn
By stricer on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I bought my car used over 5 years ago and it is one of the most reliable cars I have ever owned. It is all manual, so you can push it to drive hard and scoot around anybody that you need to. It may not have the most comfortable seats, but it is certanitly reliable!

Great car!
By joeyz on 04/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I have owned my Saturn now for 4 years and the car has been wonderful. I bought the car used at a great price. There have been only a few minor quirks, but the way all easily rectified. Overall an excellent car that has never given me any problems.

my car
By susan on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Saturn S-Series SW1 4dr Wagon

Some design flaws Ceiling light fell out because clip broke, washer fluid cover broke - same reason, water poured into car when it rained - had to have new rubber gutters installed. Transmission was repaired two years ago and water pump died shortly after purchase. Otherwise, car has been reliable. Need to replace it with an suv because we are moving to a mountainside accessible over gravel roads - keep losing my little car in the pot holes.

NOT IMPRESSED
By CHOCTAW on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I BOUGHT THIS CAR USED AFTER DRIVING A CIVIC SEDAN. THE HONDA HANDLED BETTER IN BAD WEATHER. THE SATURN WAS DESIGNED FOR SMALLER PEOPLE. MY HUSBAND CAN NOT DRIVE THIS CAR COMFORTABLY. THE SEAT IS CONTOURED TOO NARROW TO FIT HIS BODY. THE BIGGEST THING THIS CAR HAS GOING FOR IT IS ITS SLEEK DESIGN. MY ADVICE GO FOR A HONDA.

save your money
By calisto on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I purchased a saturn about two years ago and had no problems with it for the first six months. Then one day unexpectedly, when I went to go start the car it had a really bad vibration while it was in park. And an even worse vibration in drive. I had it serviced (changing spark plugs, wires, oil change, filters, etc.) Still no improvement. I've also experienced the hesitant "pop" in reverse.

I liked it
By Bob Vue on 03/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Saturn S-Series SW2 4dr Wagon

Drove it for 53,000 miles. It wasw FUN to drive. This car doesn't get enough credit for being the great handling car that is is. The steering had great feedback and felt VERY conected to the road. I would have liked more power, and the gas mileage (30 around town, 38 highway) could have been better.

Good Job
By starr on 03/15/02 12:25 PM (PST)

1995 Saturn S-Series SW2 4dr Wagon

I am impressed with the workmanship of this vehicle. the car feels and rides solid. it does well in the field- home care nurse

sturdy
By supercruise101 on 03/13/02 22:09 PM (PST)

1995 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

very reliable and cheap. excellent gas mileage!

SL2 bought new
By denyseh on 02/25/02 17:26 PM (PST)

1995 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

Not a flashy car, but steady and reliable. Has had some transmission and other smaller problems but the dealer has always been generous about paying for repairs or splitting the cost, even after my warranty expired. It's a nice drive even for long distance, although for larger/taller folks visibility and comfort may be an issue.

Not bad for a first car
By Sam Maverick on 02/10/02 00:19 AM (PST)

1995 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I'm a high school student right now, and got a 95 SL2 last year. Not a bad car for a student, it handled the Texas summer pretty well, the only down side was that I had to change its alternator after a few month (around 81K). Seems like saturn cars have a tendency to have bad alternators. And the oil consumption is pretty high compared to other cars.